GK ability "The Negotiator" does not apply health up?

Lossberg
457 posts Member
So couple of times I used GK cleanse against DN and I expected to get "Health Up" buff on the toons who where under DN "Heatlth Down" debuff. However It did not appear, while it it stated "grant the opposite buff". In my opinion Health Up the opposite of Health Down. Does anyone else mentioned such an issue?

Replies

• Options
    Omeah wrote: »
    Interesting. It definitely should

doesnt, I remember posting about it some time ago. GK's coding is older than Baze, so while the devs didnt want to reverse 20% Health Down to 15% Up they allowed Baze to reverse 15% Up to 20% Down. See swgoh.gg The Negotiator mechanics
  • Nesh
    49 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Its been metioned several times before and is WAI for now at least.

Health down and health up have varying % increase/decreses so arent strictly apposing buffs.

Its stupid and something they should look at sorting out, for consistency if nothing else
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    @Nesh Oh I see. Thx.Also it sound stupid, lol.

P.S. What does WAI mean?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Options
    Working As Intended.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Nesh wrote: »
    Its been metioned several times before and is WAI for now at least.

Health down and health up have varying % increase/decreses so arent strictly apposing buffs.

Its **** and something they should look at sorting out, for consistency if nothing else

That means nothing.
    Damage over time is 5% health
    Heal over time is 10% health
    Dot's are converted to hots.

Evasion up is +15% evasion
    Evasion down is -25% evasion

Evasion down is converted to evasion up.

Baze fierce reprisal which does the opposite of GK negotiator has no problems converting health up into health down.

When GK negotiator was coded they simply missed add in health down to health up conversion.

So it is not working as described only as coded.

This is has been reported and acknowledged by the dev team already

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/101900/general-kenobi-the-negotiator
  • Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    Options
    Oh, ok, haven't seen the thread... Hope they will fix it... It's annoying, also forces every time to use BM first instead of waiting that few debuffs stick to convert them
  • Nesh
    49 posts Member
    Options
    My mistake wasn't aware it was actually been looked at.

The point I've seen made, and I made badly, was that different toons apply health down to different % so it didn't properly correspond to any health up. And not that health down and up needed to be equal % as I'm fully aware buffs and debuffs don't offer exactly the opposite of one another
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Nesh wrote: »
    My mistake wasn't aware it was actually been looked at.

The point I've seen made, and I made badly, was that different toons apply health down to different % so it didn't properly correspond to any health up. And not that health down and up needed to be equal % as I'm fully aware buffs and debuffs don't offer exactly the opposite of one another

every character that applies a buff/debuff has it separate in the ability mechanics. Characters that copy or invert them have the same thing.
    This is why Yoda wasn't coping HoT when it was changed, why 88 wasn't stopping heath steal, and why Resistance wasn't able to re-expose an exposed character while other were.

Another example of difference between buffs and why that isn't the issue is luminara HoT.
    Lumiara Hot is 20% recovery. If yoda "copies" it then it will be come a 10% HoT on him self and anyone he shares it with.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    This has been flagged as a bug and sent up for review. Thanks!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines