Emperor Palpatine Zeta

Theophany
865 posts Member
edited June 2017
Was just discussing this with another member on our guild server and we're wondering why EP hasn't been blessed with a zeta yet!

We were thinking "Crackling Doom" would be the best fit and the ability would run similar to kylos having protection gains.

So the ability would read

"At the end of each of his turns, Palpatine deals special damage to all shocked enemies and then deals special damage to all Jedi and Rebel enemies. This damage can't defeat enemies. Palpatine recovers protection equal to the damage dealt to shocked enemies"

So the protection gain would be restricted to damage done to shocked enemies and since shock can be cleansed it has a counter so it won't be imbalanced.

Emperor Palpatine is extremely squishy and this would be a totally awesome zeta ability making him much more viable.

@CG_Kozispoon
@CG_TopHat
@CG_RyDiggs
@CG_CMandellorian
Some of the brightest ideas are the hardest to see
Post edited by Theophany on

Replies

• He is already one of the top toons to run in any squad. There are plenty of other characters that need a zeta to balance them out. I like your idea, but think the devs can spend time on other, less used, toons for zeta or reworks
  • He is already one of the top toons to run in any squad. There are plenty of other characters that need a zeta to balance them out. I like your idea, but think the devs can spend time on other, less used, toons for zeta or reworks

Agreed, but figured I'd throw it out there while we're going through an empire pass with thrawn out and about
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    I think having his leadership affect all opponents, and not just Rebels and Jedi would be awesome.
  • Bhaalor wrote: »
    I think having his leadership affect all opponents, and not just Rebels and Jedi would be awesome.

Double zeta!? I don't see why not haha yoda and thrawn are sporting two zeta abilities
  • Theophany wrote: »
    He is already one of the top toons to run in any squad. There are plenty of other characters that need a zeta to balance them out. I like your idea, but think the devs can spend time on other, less used, toons for zeta or reworks

Agreed, but figured I'd throw it out there while we're going through an empire pass with thrawn out and about

I can see you logic in that. Honestly not trying to troll you, just have a different opinion on what can be updated. I would love to see the "separatist" tag actually have some type of meaning. At least one ability on someone that does anything with it.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Imho, the priority should be leadership zeta, and the unique should have a synergy with Vader.
  • Boreas wrote: »
    Imho, the priority should be leadership zeta, and the unique should have a synergy with Vader.

Like zader and EP having a synergy equivalent to chaze? I like that
  • Theophany wrote: »
    Boreas wrote: »

That would be interesting. Maybe is both are present, it prevents heal over time and counter buffs. That would end chaze and counter GK
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    Theophany wrote: »
    Boreas wrote: »

That would be interesting. Maybe is both are present, it prevents heal over time and counter buffs. That would end chaze and counter GK

Debuffs (not just dots) cannot be cleansed if Vader has a Zeta.
  • Moved to the feedback section where it will never been seen again