Jedi with anti-sith abilities

Prev1
There are multiple sith with anti-Jedi traits (maul, sidious, EP, etc.) but no Jedi with anti-sith abilities. Anakin doesn't deal damage to all sith/federation enemies at the end of every turn. Is there a reason there are no anti-sith Jedi?

Replies

• Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    I feel a Mace Windu rework...
  • Agreed I feel his rework would be a perfect way to introduce the anti-sith era. Also, that would just make me happy I love mace I want him to be useable
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Sith see Jedi as enemies, they hate them and want to destroy them, Jedi are peaceful, do not hate anyone, including Sith. It's logical.
  • I believe it's because none of the Jedi were anti-sith. We would need more from the galactic civil war SWKOTR timeframe, when they were actively training to combat the Sith. Whereas those characters on the sith side that were mentioned were actively training to combat the Jedi. Plus, two of the toons you mentioned are the same guy. Vader has his because he actively hunted the Jedi. There was no Jedi, that are in the game, that did this. Mace had one encounter with the sith, and lost. If you read the book, EP played him the entire fight in order to secure Anakin's fall to the dark side.
  • I believe it's because none of the Jedi were anti-sith. We would need more from the galactic civil war SWKOTR timeframe, when they were actively training to combat the Sith. Whereas those characters on the sith side that were mentioned were actively training to combat the Jedi. Plus, two of the toons you mentioned are the same guy. Vader has his because he actively hunted the Jedi. There was no Jedi, that are in the game, that did this. Mace had one encounter with the sith, and lost. If you read the book, EP played him the entire fight in order to secure Anakin's fall to the dark side.

I'm aware sidious and palpatine are the same person; my point was that there are several sith characters in this game with anti-Jedi traits. That's all well and good, but this game isn't exactly the best representation of Star Wars, and I was speaking more in support of balancing the factions than sticking to exact recreation of the Star Wars canon.
  • RandyMarsh wrote: »
    I believe it's because none of the Jedi were anti-sith. We would need more from the galactic civil war SWKOTR timeframe, when they were actively training to combat the Sith. Whereas those characters on the sith side that were mentioned were actively training to combat the Jedi. Plus, two of the toons you mentioned are the same guy. Vader has his because he actively hunted the Jedi. There was no Jedi, that are in the game, that did this. Mace had one encounter with the sith, and lost. If you read the book, EP played him the entire fight in order to secure Anakin's fall to the dark side.

I'm aware sidious and palpatine are the same person; my point was that there are several sith characters in this game with anti-Jedi traits. That's all well and good, but this game isn't exactly the best representation of Star Wars, and I was speaking more in support of balancing the factions than sticking to exact recreation of the Star Wars canon.

I think they are doing a fair representation of canon. Minus a couple confusing affiliations (AT), the toons are set up decently in that regard. As for balancing, it's not as if sith are all that mighty. I'm running a Rex (L) without and zetas and will search for Sith in arena.
  • RandyMarsh
    380 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    All I see in my shard are nihilus leads with dooku, palp, Vader and maul

Needless to say my Jedi struggle with those setups.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    They'd need to be from the KOTOR timeline. The Jedi from Ep1-3 don't even realize there's a Sith out there until it's too late. So there's not really anyone who fits the bill.
    But as a fan of toons with lightsabers....sure, bring 'em in.
    All I see in my shard are nihilus leads with dooku, palp, Vader and maul

Needless to say my Jedi struggle with those setups.

My team has no issue with that group. I might sub out Rex (L) for Wedge, but that's rarely. As for Jedi. Try ZQGJ(L), GK, Ezra, ZYoda, and ZZR2. Ani can work because of his heal debuff or maybe aayla for her stun and counter as well.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Jedi have plenty of anti sith synergy. Foresight eats debuffs. Tenacity is pretty high. Lots of cleanses.

If you want specific anti sith synergy, I expect Jedi Luke will be your answer. I sense a strong LS vs DS build up in the near future.
  • I don't have zetas yet (lvl 81). No access to GK anywhere on the horizon, and r2 will depend on when they start the next r2 event, as I haven't developed empire much. Here's my roster:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/hotwheels/collection/
  • try QGJ, JKA, yoda, ahsoka, and ST han
  • I used ST han with my jedi before I got GK
  • btw ST han with jedi can take u to 1st! (for a few hours)
  • @MaathFaselli_1 interesting haven't heard that suggestion before! I'll give it a shot thanks for the advice
    I don't have zetas yet (lvl 81). No access to GK anywhere on the horizon, and r2 will depend on when they start the next r2 event, as I haven't developed empire much. Here's my roster:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/hotwheels/collection/

I might go with his idea, Jedi and St Han can be strong. I would probably farm wedge, because wiggs is still viable for burst damage and they don't need a zeta. I like your FO, but without zetas they are not really competitive. You can always throw Kylo into a mix, he is strong on a lot of teams. Level your toons though, and be patient. It's tough getting into top fifty without maxing on level. Tough to get in top twenty without G10/G11. And in my shard, nearly impossible without two or three zetas.
  • in the long run the way to make your jedi win is good mods with speed, put as much speed on them as u can
  • Don't sweat it though, you have some solid toons in that roster.
  • I'm keeping my first order in reserve right now; I'm not done farming them and I'm expecting some upgrades the closer we get to December. They're my primary ds team though
  • Thanks for the help guys. I'm close to ready to farm mods, I honestly just need to finish wedge and then get some of my empire characters farmed in cantina before I start focusing on mod farming.
  • Try alternating. One week farming toons in cantina and one week farming mods. It seems to be the best rotation to try and get the A mods with a speed secondary.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »
    RandyMarsh wrote: »
    I believe it's because none of the Jedi were anti-sith. We would need more from the galactic civil war SWKOTR timeframe, when they were actively training to combat the Sith. Whereas those characters on the sith side that were mentioned were actively training to combat the Jedi. Plus, two of the toons you mentioned are the same guy. Vader has his because he actively hunted the Jedi. There was no Jedi, that are in the game, that did this. Mace had one encounter with the sith, and lost. If you read the book, EP played him the entire fight in order to secure Anakin's fall to the dark side.

I always LOL when someone says Windu should be anti-Sith because he defeated Sidious...

Yeah, none are saying he should be anti-bounty hunter because he killed Jango :)...
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Anyone with Tenacity is anti-Sith. But @Boreas wins with his original reply:
    Boreas wrote: »
    Sith see Jedi as enemies, they hate them and want to destroy them, Jedi are peaceful, do not hate anyone, including Sith. It's logical.

**Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    Anyone with Tenacity is anti-Sith. But @Boreas wins with his original reply:
    Boreas wrote: »

Wow, thank you very much, I was not expecting that :)
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Hadn't even thought of running sthan. Why run Han with Jedis? Jedis are blazing fast in any case. I run RG (stun, auto taunt) or Shore (pre-taunt, heal). They also both have about a billion times more survivability then STHan.
  • If you want balance, why would you want the Jedi to have anti Sith abilities? Shouldn't it be another faction? Why are we complaining that rock loses to paper so it needs an anti paper ability?
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    If you want balance, why would you want the Jedi to have anti Sith abilities? Shouldn't it be another faction? Why are we complaining that rock loses to paper so it needs an anti paper ability?

Since when are sith (as a faction) paper to Jedi's rocks? It makes sense for there to be anti-sith Jedi, because awhile they acted as peacekeepers of the Galaxy, their main task was always to fight the dark side... and hence Sith.
  • "Sith Lords are our speciality"