Poe's speed nerf was unintentional

Replies

• It looks like in the change to poe's tier II and III gear he also inadvertently lost speed. I assume they will look into it and patch it in the next day or two. Read about it here...
    5:16PM edited 5:23PM
    Ok everyone, take a deep breath and relax a second, there is a LOT going on today as you can see.

I am checking with our designers on this, but I can assure you we are not trying to "stealth nerf" anything. We've been very open with everything, posting exhaustive update notes and responding to all of your questions. There is a chance that something was overlooked when we were adjusting Poe's gear when working on his tenacity.

This relationship works both ways. We are trying to be more open with all of you on these forums, and we would like all players here provide constructive feedback to us. Threats of quitting and accusing us of hiding things is not going to get our attention quicker.
    Post edited by EA_Jesse at 5:23PM
  • I hope the speed stays. Opens up more possibilities instead of the usual, who's poe went first
  • Aww that's a shame

Guess we're stuck with another two months of the same characters and coin flips in PvP
  • No where in that post does it say unintentional. Hope it stays. Poe meta is boring.
  • moongod wrote: »
    No where in that post does it say unintentional. Hope it stays. Poe meta is boring.

It's implied.
  • I like the change, I saw different teams for a change.. Some with healers even!
  • Itscaptainphasma
    207 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    One nerf was fine. My ig88 needs some protection or he's going to get In too deep and become a father. IG88: IG86 I am your father! IG86: Does not compute error 404.
  • My ig88 needs some protection or he's going to get In too deep and become a father.

Bravo!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I like the change, I saw different teams for a change.. Some with healers even!

No kidding, can't believe I'm saying this, but Poe is poo. I really don't want him stinking up my new Jedi team
  • J7000 wrote: »

No kidding, can't believe I'm saying this, but Poe is poo. I really don't want him stinking up my new Jedi team

He's not that bad.. I heard somebody say that after today's patch that "Poe tears taste like butterscotch".

• J7000 wrote: »

Ikr, but seriously everyone is happy the way it is right now, even poe users
  • Funny enough, if the Devs had simply changed his speed from 143 to 142 originally, the game would probably be in even better shape right now.
  • I feel bad for Jesse. I agree that the team is being very forthcoming, releasing exhaustively detailed notes about changes. I think we ought to cut them some slack.

For the time being. :)
  • aeonaxx
    57 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Gurley30 wrote: »

OK. At least we see some positive signs from CG.
  • The game is still a first round coin flip without poe being round 7. There's just more than one coin now.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Funny enough, if the Devs had simply changed his speed from 143 to 142 originally, the game would probably be in even better shape right now.

I think you are right. They should have just done this a couple weeks ago
  • Even if it the nerf is going to be reverted they said they would continue to monitor him. If the "coin flip" is going to continue, you know that is not going to be an intention of the game and a nerf will be coming. Just like the baris nerf, just like the FOTP nerf, investing in a toon that is clearly OP is a short time reward.

*Spolier* Captain Phasma is being monitored too.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Funny enough, if the Devs had simply changed his speed from 143 to 142 originally, the game would probably be in even better shape right now.

Right now even with all nerfs in place he is not bad at all... He's still powerful
  • I'd recommend waiting till there's an official statement on the issue before saying one way or the other. Jesse will come back with an answer. Till then, I'm closing this thread as the Poe topic is well covered other places and it's speculative - let's let Jesse come back with an official response. Till then, there's nothing more really to discuss on the subject. Thanks.

@OP - no harm here, see what you were trying to do, but let's wait on official word instead of trying to interpret meaning.
This discussion has been closed.