Choo Choo! Hop on the Imperial train!

Prev1

Replies

• MPac
    196 posts Member
    Lol. Love it.
  • I am dying to get off this **** chaze team I'm forced to run on my shard. Is there any possible sub for krennic? Cause I don't want another hard node farm at 20 energy. Lol
  • I run this exact squad.

It's a lot of fun, nice vid.
  • So... is krennic viable at 5 stars? Does this team need ultra god speed mods?
  • As someone that runs the exact same Rex team that just got destroyed, I enjoyed watching that. Always nice to see new teams become arena viable. Very well done. The Triple Cleanse meta is getting old but I have no real options other than that for now in arena. Working on new stuff. Gotta run it until it dies or I get my new team up.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    THAT IS awesome
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    I'm liking Krennic as the lead instead... still Zader is fantastic!

Yes... this is the beauty of the Empire team!

Here's one I recorded vs Zaul tonight... beautiful ;)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nVSqgBmFtQw
  • Smapty wrote: »

Krennic lead is on my list. I am a few Omegas away from a Zeta on Veers. Gonna be playing my Imperial Troopers + Thrawn next week.
  • RandomECM
    57 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Smapty wrote: »

I like how a 20% low battery notice pop up when palpy get rekt :D

You broke the BATTERY!
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    So... is krennic viable at 5 stars? Does this team need ultra god speed mods?

Krennic is like right on the cusp at 5*. He is good at 5 but you will realize how 7* would be so much nicer.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Nice video Puppy. I get the privilege of him being on my shard. Makes for some great fights as neither of us follow the meta. His mods r quite nice averaging +100 speed per.
  • Poxx wrote: »
    Nice video Puppy. I get the privilege of him being on my shard. Makes for some great fights as neither of us follow the meta. His mods r quite nice averaging +100 speed per.

F' the meta!
  • Saladius
    102 posts Member
    Just a matter of speed

• No taunting tank...check
    No GK ... check
    Full Empire... check

VERY impressive team comp. Now that is an informative and useful video. I was prepared to see some GK or Chaze hybrid that is always rehashed. Hats off to you sir.

Also very good! Full Empire ftw

I've started farming DK in shipments / node since about a week ago watching you guys full Empire - I've been doing really well with a full DS DV lead Sith / Empire hybrid and with Thrawn I've also been using a Veers / Thrawn full Empire squad, but the DK angle looks really devastating and fun to play. Potent TM manipulation.

Krennic lead is on my list. I am a few Omegas away from a Zeta on Veers. Gonna be playing my Imperial Troopers + Thrawn next week.

I've been mixing that in - I have Thrawn lead zeta and Veers as well. I actually have an influx of zDV teams on my shard and Thrawn's lead is ridiculous Vader. Then with Veers lead, it's more TM gain + protection. Very fun.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member

I can't be the only one that tapped on the "close" button when the 20% warning came up XD
    Nice vid

I've been mixing that in - I have Thrawn lead zeta and Veers as well. I actually have an influx of zDV teams on my shard and Thrawn's lead is ridiculous Vader. Then with Veers lead, it's more TM gain + protection. Very fun.

Hot swapping Veers (L) for Rex, GK, and Wedge (L), and Thrawn for Vader and Zaul (L) is appealing to me. That's why I can't wait to play that squad.

• great vid.

questions ...
    1) do you need krennic for DT?
    2) could you use chaze/baze for a hybrid and make the core zvader, tarkin, GAT? i hate tripple cleanse but the empire toons I currently have well geared are zvader, EP, RG, tfp, tarkin and not sure if a pure empire team of these will cut it. sid and DN would work for zvader lead as well but shore/kreenic magma, etc are at g9 or lower and lower stars

Hot swapping Veers (L) for Rex, GK, and Wedge (L), and Thrawn for Vader and Zaul (L) is appealing to me. That's why I can't wait to play that squad.

I mistyped - vs. Vader I paired Thrawn lead with Veers uniqe zeta ... Veers wasn't the lead. Used Thrawn lead (zeta), Veers (zeta), Shore, DT, and Snow.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »

F' the meta!

give it time, it may very well become meta :p
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »
    Poxx wrote: »

F' the meta!

give it time, it may very well become meta :p

If it does, I won't be running it any longer.
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member

Very nice ! Always been a fan of DK lead. How do you deal with crit immunity though? Tfp and his buff immunity help but is not guaranteed to land. DT dispel helps also but again, 4 turn cooldown and its reapplied immediately if the grenade scored any crits. Ive found that triple cleanse breaks out eventually then it starts falling apart.
  • RandomECM wrote: »

I like how a 20% low battery notice pop up when palpy get rekt :D

You broke the BATTERY!

cJlBUVL.gif

• That video is beautiful. Do you have a link to you swgoh.gg account? I'd be interested in seeing your mods.

I've been watching these empire videos (because I really want to make an empire team), and it seems that there are four "must includes" - Thrawn, Tarkin, Death Trooper, Krennic - with either Krennic or Tarkin as leader.

To be viable in the arena, what zetas do you need on the above four characters?

Beyond that, the fifth wheel seems to be either Vader (running him as leader), Snowtrooper (for big aoe), Shoretrooper (super tank), or Veers (... not sure what his thing is).

Is there anybody else that can slot in to that fifth spot in an Empire arena?

And what does each leader bring to the table? Tarkin is for speed, correct? But some of these videos make it seem like speed isn't actually needed. That sith video had pretty much the entire team stunned on turn one, but they were like "it ain't no thang". Does Empire even care about speed?
  • Man, I can't get any AI breaks. I swear EVERY time I run my Resistance squad against a Rex/Chaze/etc squad, Rex and Chirrut will cleanse/tenacity up first thing. Once that tenacity up lands, I'm in trouble because I don't have Baze or room for a B2 in my squad and Resistance only has one dispeller.

But it seems like Rex and Chirrut here deliberately ignore Fracture as a debuff and don't bother to cleanse it, so they waste both of their turns and don't put Tenacity Up to defend against the Vader debuffs (and others).
  • PuppyJuicers
    155 posts Member
    edited June 2017

That video is beautiful. Do you have a link to you swgoh.gg account? I'd be interested in seeing your mods.

I've been watching these empire videos (because I really want to make an empire team), and it seems that there are four "must includes" - Thrawn, Tarkin, Death Trooper, Krennic - with either Krennic or Tarkin as leader.

To be viable in the arena, what zetas do you need on the above four characters?

Beyond that, the fifth wheel seems to be either Vader (running him as leader), Snowtrooper (for big aoe), Shoretrooper (super tank), or Veers (... not sure what his thing is).

Is there anybody else that can slot in to that fifth spot in an Empire arena?

And what does each leader bring to the table? Tarkin is for speed, correct? But some of these videos make it seem like speed isn't actually needed. That sith video had pretty much the entire team stunned on turn one, but they were like "it ain't no thang". Does Empire even care about speed?

Zeta priority for my squad is Vader > Thrawn > Death Trooper > Tarkin. Speed is not the Empire's strongest asset. Their ability to absorb blows with their high health and defensive passives, along with their ability to dish train wrecking damage are their strengths.

Vader, Veers, Shoretrooper, Snowtrooper and Death Trooper would be viable. You only need to Zeta Vader and Veers in that squad.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Too bad more people don't use this actually GOOD squad, unlike teams that just use the best characters that have 0 synergy.
  • STRIKEBOMB wrote: »
    Too bad more people don't use this actually GOOD squad, unlike teams that just use the best characters that have 0 synergy.

The majority of the player base will run what they are told is the "best".