Help to fix my Zader

Osh
126 posts Member
I have Zader, 7* g11 and some half decent mods, but try as I may, I cannot get his power above 10k.

He is currently sitting on 9758 and it just niggles me that he hasn't broke 10k.

I know this is not the most important stat to go by but other players who don't really bother with him have no problem breaking 10k. I'm guessing cause they plough health mods onto him to make him super-tanky. I'm more interested in whenever I launch a culling blade, the numbers go yellow, and there are lots of them.

So am I even modding him right? I use him primarily as lead especially in raids, what stat below should I be focusing on?

Mods: Potency x2 - Crit Chance x4

Health: 27333
Protection: 34490
Speed: 170
Crit Dam: 186%
Potency: 68.63%
Tenacity: 36.57%
Health Steal: 15%

Phys Dam: 2472
Phys Crit Chance: 42.77
Armour Penetration: 25
Phys Accuracy: 0%

Armour: 34.24%
Dodge: 2%
Phys Crit Avoid: 0%

Special Dam: 1966
Special Crit Chance: 27.69%
Resistance Pen: 0
Special Accuracy: 0%

Resistance: 24.24%
Deflection Chance: 2%
Special Crit avoid: 0%

Replies

• CryGonJinn
    402 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    A tank in my guild has a Zander of 10k+ power. His health is 26,805 and protection is 45,671.

If you can get an extra protection primary you should be able to bump over 10k

Oh...and "niggles" made me LOL
  • Tiggus
    766 posts Member
    I'd swap crit chance for crit damage, so you have even more numbers when it matters (I use him with Phasma in Raids, so having a crit is not an issue).
    I have him at 10264 (link) . Use at least a +23.5% protection mod.

Potency is only relevant in Raids, it's not doing much in Arena.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    You're probably just missing a Circle mod with Protection primary stats.
    My Vader is at 10480 with only 1 Protection primary: https://swgoh.gg/u/huatimus/collection/darth-vader/
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    Thanks for the replies.

Ok so I use him primarily for raiding as lead, based on the above stats, what do I need to improve/focus on to make him so devastating that the Rancor and Grievous both start threads on here calling for a nerf?
  • nB_
    34 posts Member
    https://swgoh.gg/u/nb/collection/darth-vader/ - That is mine, I have given him 2 pieces of gear at gear XI and sitting at 105xx in power - I think the extra protection and speed are bumping him up.....
  • Osh wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.

Ok so I use him primarily for raiding as lead, based on the above stats, what do I need to improve/focus on to make him so devastating that the Rancor and Grievous both start threads on here calling for a nerf?

He's unusable against Grievous because once Grievous gets 5 or more DoTs on him his passive will make him gain 100% TM everytime he takes 2 turns which will happen over and over again until he's enraged and your team is dead.
  • In response to your question, speed and potency, if you bring along either TFP or Krennic you can devote more mods to speed. Also you should use Bistan and Jyn if you have them, bistan helps pile on the DoTs and both have great TM removal. Also Jyn can give your zader advantage so you don't have to do any crit chance, just time it right.
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    Thank you again, I get the need for faster speed, more attacks means more TM reduction etc and I get potency for laying on dots. Tfp brings down tenacity before I go with force crush. So on the rancor I can get dots going from one end the screen to the other (almost) I have a zid too.

With culling blade, should I be focusing on getting the numbers to turn yellow which I'm guessing is crit chance or crit damage to make the numbers high? What's the magic number for these stats that I need to be aiming for?

Cheers
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    Oh and I never send him in on p1, p2 or p3 for me
  • The power measurement is meaningless. Speed usually is actually more powerful. You want a fix for your Zader squad? Run SA with him
  • Sounds like you already know that breaking 10k isn't necessary.

That being said, two stats affect power more than any others. Protection and Offense.

Stack enough of those two and you can get lots of toons over 10k power.

For kicks I modded my Savage to have over 1000 added offense. He was slow and had very little added health or protection but his power level was over 10k just from the offense.