Poe at 142 is good ya?

I have Poe.
I have Poe at 7 stars.
I have Poe at max gear.
I used Poe in my arena team.

So let's just pre-empt the "you just want want a nerf because you don't have him."

Yes, the 143-> 142 change was unexpected. But let's be honest--since these changes took effect, the game has been a lot more fun. I've seen all kind of new teams in arena and tried lots of new combinations myself.

The old meta was Poe plus 4 of a pool of like 6 characters. Boring.

I just thought people would be a little more excited at the idea that now they an can use more of the different characters they have built up.

Maybe I thought wrong. Is this really such a terrible change?
Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct

Replies

• I totally agree and have him at max star and equipment as well.
    The arena is fun again!

Cheers!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I can only give you one anecdotal example. Nearly everyone on my shard has Poe. I just fought a team with Poe. Several of my guys went ahead of him. Even Phasma got Fusillade off. He did eventually taunt but by that time I had the match in hand, one whack from Lumi and he was gone.
    This is night-and-day different from how these matches used to go. Maybe I just got lucky, but the difference was very very noticeable.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • I'd have been good with it had they disclosed it. My issue is the mislead not the nerf. I suggested 142 speed as a solution way back on the first Poe nerf threads,lol.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    I just deliberately fought a Poe/Poggle/IG-86/IG-88/GS team that I normally avoid like the plague because the last 2 times I have fought them I have literally lost in under 90 seconds, having 3 half-dead guys available on my first turn. I beat them with 3:15 left on the clock.
    It may be 1 digit but it is a major change. I really hope they put it back because droid teams already got disadvantaged with the other major unannounced change.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • tumblr_mhrcwmUwo61rhf9tro1_500.gif
  • I'd have been good with it had they disclosed it. My issue is the mislead not the nerf. I suggested 142 speed as a solution way back on the first Poe nerf threads,lol.

In the same boat. I actually transitioned from Poe to GS on my droid team because of the better synergy using him with Poggle and the usual droid suspects. Plus I'm lazy and it was easier to get GS into gear 8 than Poe into gear 7 at the time for me.

I think it helps being on a newer shard where there weren't a lot of maxed gear Poes to deal with at the top, but he was never the end all be all on my shard. Now there are none of them around the top. I'm sure older shards will be more effected by this, but the newer ones it doesn't really make all that much difference. We were seeing a wide variety of stuff to begin with. By wide variety I mean droid teams and Sid, Lumi, Dooku, Phasma, (insert fifth member) teams...
  • OP +1
    Roger roger
  • I reached rank 1 today. Not exactly sure if this is the reason, but i like that other characters can go first so there is a few ways to stop or hinder his use. I like the new poe
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I love the change and Poe is far from bad. He's still a great tank with some Obi Wan abilities. O would love to play without him in my team.
  • With poe down to 142 speed, we have a tank that can't reliably taunt before turn 8 toons, let alone turn 7 toons. He can't really shield his weaker allies because they are all dead before he starts.In essence, poe has been relegated to be a turn manipulator like phasma.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the core issue is that people are tired of seeing entire enemy teams move before them and killing 1-3 toons before they even get a go.

how does shifting the goalposts from poe to qgj led teams with high speed dps toons and obi wan kenobi solve the core issue at hand?

CG should take a look at speed dps toons/ turn manipulators and adjust their abilities so that a situation where the entire team goes first before you get your turn does not occur.Perhaps make the chance to manipulate turn meter % based?Something like expose chance.I dunno, just throwing out ideas here.

Having the entire enemy team move before yours does is unhealthy for the game if 2-3 toons die on the first turn.
  • ZarAzi
    249 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I hope this poe nerf is legit. The meta is now diverse tbh
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Zekex wrote: »
    With poe down to 142 speed, we have a tank that can't reliably taunt before turn 8 toons, let alone turn 7 toons. He can't really shield his weaker allies because they are all dead before he starts.In essence, poe has been relegated to be a turn manipulator like phasma.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the core issue is that people are tired of seeing entire enemy teams move before them and killing 1-3 toons before they even get a go.

how does shifting the goalposts from poe to qgj led teams with high speed dps toons and obi wan kenobi solve the core issue at hand?

CG should take a look at speed dps toons/ turn manipulators and adjust their abilities so that a situation where the entire team goes first before you get your turn does not occur.Perhaps make the chance to manipulate turn meter % based?Something like expose chance.I dunno, just throwing out ideas here.

Having the entire enemy team move before yours does is unhealthy for the game if 2-3 toons die on the first turn.

No, he can't protect the whole team in a cointoss but he works way better than the forum is making him sound. I'm sick of having him around in my team looking all french and stuff.
  • UnckyBadTouch
    264 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    With poe down to 142 speed, we have a tank that can't reliably taunt before turn 8 toons, let alone turn 7 toons. He can't really shield his weaker allies because they are all dead before he starts.In essence, poe has been relegated to be a turn manipulator like phasma.

+1

Was thinking of posting something along the same lines after thinking about it. Poe isn't necessarily bad now, but EA just effectively has removed the one "tank" we had in arena.

I think the best way for them to address the situation is to address damage and defense. They are never going to get away from the same pool of high damage/ultra fast guys in arena until they make the matches last 5-6 rounds. The arena timer is 5 minutes. It takes 20-30 seconds to finish a match. I usually kill off the entire opposing team except 1 guy and then sit there until there is about 10 seconds left to help keep my position in the upper end of rankings. Cheap move, but only way to get use of the 5 minute timer. Why give us that much time for a battle that is over in 10-12 hits.

I'm all for not all characters being equal, but don't make all the ultra high damage characters the ones that also get to go first. It is counter productive to having any sort of strategy for battle. Right now you essentially insert turn 7 guys and go.

It is slowly starting to turn more towards synergistic teams. QGJ leading Jedi might start to get popular, and now having Yoda as an equalizer will help. Without him at least being able to steal buffs fast Jedi teams would still get mauled. Figuratively and literally. There are a lot of anti-Jedi skilled characters out there.

Would be nice to see tanks and healers have a purpose outside of LS/DS missions.
  • Rheen wrote: »
    I have Poe.
    I have Poe at 7 stars.
    I have Poe at max gear.
    I used Poe in my arena team.

So let's just pre-empt the "you just want want a nerf because you don't have him."

Yes, the 143-> 142 change was unexpected. But let's be honest--since these changes took effect, the game has been a lot more fun. I've seen all kind of new teams in arena and tried lots of new combinations myself.

The old meta was Poe plus 4 of a pool of like 6 characters. Boring.

I just thought people would be a little more excited at the idea that now they an can use more of the different characters they have built up.

Maybe I thought wrong. Is this really such a terrible change?

It's a good change, but I feel Poe players need to have the option to exchange the character out for shards at full value. This should go for all nerfed characters. I'm excited for the meta changes, but I will not spend any more $ unless we get reimbursed
  • Resistance teams just got nerfed, not just poe. Also, droid teams. Either do the speed, or do the expose/tenacity, not all 3.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • EA gave refunds for those dissatisfied with Battlefield 4 after launch due to the outpouring of dissatisfaction. Not sure if there are enough unsatisfied people in this case to force that option.
  • I love how people talk about meta being diverse when damage is so high

Its still a coin toss of who goes first and kills off a toon in your second attack ( or first )
  • J7000 wrote: »

No, he can't protect the while team in a cointoss but he works way better than the forum is making him sound. I'm sick of having him around in my team looking all french and stuff.

That's probably because you haven't faced the teams I am facing. All the reys, qgjs(with speed leadership change), gs etc are all going to start first before poe gets his turn. Alot of those toons are present in the top5 and also top 20 in my shard. Now post poe nerf, turn 8 toons have a chance of going before him, meaning more opportunities for people to kill the dps toons in poe's team before he has a chance to start.

So now we have a weak useless tank whose only strength in turn manipulation is gone. He can't taunt in time to save his allies. He can't taunt in time to manipulate turn meter. If you had read carefully, I'm advocating for a % chance for poe's taunt to reduce turn meter, so that the entire enemy team does not go first. Reducing the speed destroys the character.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    I just deliberately fought a Poe/Poggle/IG-86/IG-88/GS team that I normally avoid like the plague because the last 2 times I have fought them I have literally lost in under 90 seconds, having 3 half-dead guys available on my first turn. I beat them with 3:15 left on the clock.
    It may be 1 digit but it is a major change. I really hope they put it back because droid teams already got disadvantaged with the other major unannounced change.

Just saw this. What other unannounced change? :/
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    ZarAzi wrote: »

Right.diverse. It's still high speed,turn 7-8 dps toons.The only change is that people will more likely run qgj leader, and probably add turn 8 jedis like obi wan kenobi who has a chance to apply offense down and ability block before poe.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I understand your opinion. Im on that kind of server and made number one with the kind of team you are speaking. I had Poe in my team as well. If your problem is with all these fast teams keeping Poe at 143 doesn't help. Just like I did today I can just add Poe to my roster and make it even worse for my opponents.
  • Just used my free energy. Could not find anything to be excited about with it. RIP Poe. I think I am done. Meta is no better off. They are forcing a QGJ speed meta now. Still, who goes first. Need a break at the least.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Zekex wrote: »
    ZarAzi wrote: »

Right.diverse. It's still high speed,turn 7-8 dps toons.The only change is that people will more likely run qgj leader, and probably add turn 8 jedis like obi wan kenobi who has a chance to apply offense down and ability block before poe.

Patience. Look at what's beyond
    And give it at least a month or two..:)
  • Zekex
    474 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    J7000 wrote: »
    I understand your opinion. Im on that kind of server and made number one with the kind of team you are speaking. I had Poe in my team as well. If your problem is with all these fast teams keeping Poe at 143 doesn't help. Just like I did today I can just add Poe to my roster and make it even worse for my opponents.

Yea, I recognize that poe was on the same speed tier as turn 7 toons. Now that he is the same speed tier as turn 8 toons...it frees you up to add another turn 7 toon in poe's place or add a game changing turn 8 toon.

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    J7000 wrote: »

Yea, I recognize that poe is on the same speed tier as turn 7 toons. Now that he is the same speed tier as turn 8 toons...it frees you up to add another turn 7 toon in poe's place or add a game changing turn 8 toon.

Then there is gonna be the rebel teams too. Pretty sure the devs will throw so many curveballs in the next 3 months that are heads will spin trying to adjust to new metas
  • Ello_Asty wrote: »
    Just used my free energy. Could not find anything to be excited about with it. RIP Poe. I think I am done. Meta is no better off. They are forcing a QGJ speed meta now. Still, who goes first. Need a break at the least.

Who shoots first wins
  • SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Ello_Asty wrote: »
    Just used my free energy. Could not find anything to be excited about with it. RIP Poe. I think I am done. Meta is no better off. They are forcing a QGJ speed meta now. Still, who goes first. Need a break at the least.

Who shoots first wins

Tell that to Greedo.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    /quote]
    Repeat with me ;There is no turn 7 or turn 8 anymore. Poe with speed 143 or speed 142 is barely a difference.
  • SpeedWeed wrote: »
    Ello_Asty wrote: »

Who shoots first wins

Tell that to Greedo.

Why? Because it took like 20 years and an edit before he even shot?