Best Thrawn squad?

I hit a Thrawn squad in GW that I couldn't beat. Thrawn lead, Veers, Death trooper, Stormtrooper, and Shoretrooper. Shore and storm alternated taunt. Thrawn's lead ability mixed with Veers kept giving them protection back, extra speed, and tm gain. Anyone have success against a squad like this?

Replies

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Mine was worse. Thrawn, Krennic, Shoretrooper, DT and GK. Had to sacrifice my Thrawn team to take out Thrawn, Krennic and GK.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    phinfan309 wrote: »
    I hit a Thrawn squad in GW that I couldn't beat. Thrawn lead, Veers, Death trooper, Stormtrooper, and Shoretrooper. Shore and storm alternated taunt. Thrawn's lead ability mixed with Veers kept giving them protection back, extra speed, and tm gain. Anyone have success against a squad like this?

I run squad versions like that - I know a Jedi comp can beat it - dispel Shore with QGJ - then focus down Veers - buff block Storm with JKA.

Thrawn's lead is more OP than Rex by far if you're applying debuffs and troopers generate a lot of buffs under Veers, so yes they will generate a boatload of TM and Storm takes your TM away when taunting. Kill Veers and a lot of the buffs they generate go away.
  • Options

I'd like to run that team with Snowtrooper instead of storm trooper. He can do some serious damage with that AOE.
  • Options

I'd like to run that team with Snowtrooper instead of storm trooper. He can do some serious damage with that AOE.

Stormtrooper is probably the most under-rated hero in the game. You get stuck on him taunting as it sounds like the OP was, and it's similar to being in the StHan trap. With D up and also crit immunity up from Shore...he is HARD to kill. 100% chance for 10% TM reduction.
  • Options

Stormtrooper is probably the most under-rated hero in the game. You get stuck on him taunting as it sounds like the OP was, and it's similar to being in the StHan trap. With D up and also crit immunity up from Shore...he is HARD to kill. 100% chance for 10% TM reduction.

That's exactly what happened to me