Leader Ability: Barriss or Ima-Gun Di

I just got incredibly lucky and drew Ima from a bronze pack today which is amazing as I thought he was the perfect character iI needed for my team. His 25% counter chance for everyone on my team is amazing, I dont know how useful the defense up is because I dont know what '20 defense' means damage negation wise. I currently use a tanky team with;

Barriss
Obi-Wan
Aayla Secura
Kitfisto
Qui-Gon

Imas counter is really powerful for the whole team, but the max health and heal every turn from Barriss leader skill seems so powerful too, and possibly seems even better than ima when defending in PvP since ont he defense you need the timer to run out.

Which would you guys prefer , Ima or Barriss as leader?
(If I put Ima as leader I will replace Qui-Gon with him, even though Ima is only 4 star and Qui is 7*)

That 90% Aayla Secura counter though. Ouch.

Replies

• Ima as leader is not a bad idea at all. Your line up is Boss.
    I would actually replace Kit instead of Qui-Gon

• HavokTrigger
    897 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    This post was deleted by user.
  • The main reason i dont like Qui is because he has some of the lowest survivability of jedi, and Kit is often the last man standing as he is by far my tankiest character which seems more important in pvp defense, but swap Qui-Gon in for when im attacking.

My mindset is that on the defense you are not going to beat someone of equal power as you unless you can abuse the timer, and UI wont expect a defensive team to be able to kill enough of the attackers will make a significant difference.

Jumping between the two leader at the moment, just crossing my fingers that they release a way to farm Aayla and Obi shards.
  • Ouch.

That lineup is already daunting.

If you replaced Qui Gon with Ima Gun Di I think I would just retreat to save myself the embarrassment.
  • That's an awesome team with very good synergy, it's great for pvp defense, not that great for offense, and you will have nightmares trying to star up those characters unless your shelling out serious $ for packs.
  • Ima-Gun Di leadership over Barriss all day, every day. Not even a question.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Hmm current thoughts:

Defensive PvP:
    Barriss
    Obi-Wan
    Aayla Secura
    Kitfisto
    Ima-Gun Di (may be replaced with Lumi once starred up since I will get her to 7* before I even get Ima to 5*)

Using Ima here kinda relies on how much damage the defense up buff will mitigate, may just drop him entirely for defense in pvp.

Everything Else: (Murder all the things)
    Ima-Gun Di
    Barriss
    Obi-Wan
    Aayla Secura
    Qui-Gon

I honestly dont like Qui-Gon very much, he seems pretty meh compared to all the others, hopefully we will get some interesting new jedi characters when they release more, which wont be long.
  • I've never had a problem with bariss but I avoid teams with Ima as leader since I've lost a few times to a full jedi Ima squad.
  • Just had a full health IG-88 use his AoE against me when I had ima as an ally assist. All 6 of my team counter-attacked and took him from 100% hp to dead.

It may have been the most beautiful thing I have ever seen :')
  • Akster wrote: »
    • Barriss
    • Obi-Wan
    • Aayla Secura
    • Kit Fisto
    • Qui-Gon

You have a very nice team!! I don't have any of your players on my team only because shard farming for them is a pain since they are not in Shipments.
  • Obi, Aayla and Kit Fisto arent farmable at all, they can only be aquired through chroma packs. At the moment I think their buisness model is goign to be releasing new characters in the game initially through chroma exclusive, then put the old chroma exclusive up to be farmed somewhere.

If not im gonna be pretty sad when I have to upgrade other chars from scratch since i cant upgrade their star level :'(
  • Akster wrote: »
    Obi, Aayla and Kit Fisto arent farmable at all, they can only be aquired through chroma packs. At the moment I think their buisness model is goign to be releasing new characters in the game initially through chroma exclusive, then put the old chroma exclusive up to be farmed somewhere.

If not im gonna be pretty sad when I have to upgrade other chars from scratch since i cant upgrade their star level :'(

I'm prepping for this by focusing on farmable units and just acquiring shards...not building their gear / leveling / promoting yet though. Saves current resources while currently built toons and 4* toons can carry the day. I think the good 4* chrome will be solid for a good bit longer, but if they aren't reasonably farmable soon, I think they will have to get benched eventually. This could happen, need to prep for it.

On to your other question...your team as a whole is pretty tanky, but more limited comparatively on offense. I'd go with Ima over Barris in a tanky jedi setup all day to improve your offensive damage output with counters. Ben does the damage down which is effectively a huge bump in your effective health as your opponent is heavily nerfed for multiple rounds. Aayla also stuns..which means more health for your team effectively as you take a reduced # of hits in any given round. Then you have Barriss and her great heal for more health through the battle. The leader ability on Barriss is great, but IMO in that build it is overkill on health / tanking. I'd go with Ima's leader over Barriss in that setup for a more balanced squad that dishes out more damage.
  • I'm working hard to get Ima unlocked, it looks like opening packs is the only remedy for me. I opened lots of packs and couldnt unlock it. HALP:[
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Akster wrote: »
    Just had a full health IG-88 use his AoE against me when I had ima as an ally assist. All 6 of my team counter-attacked and took him from 100% hp to dead.

It may have been the most beautiful thing I have ever seen :')
    lmao

I just love how they all attack at the same time too. It's definitely the best thing to watch in this game, and even cooler when you get bassic attack buffs triggering as well. There's just tmi to take in at once.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Im not too concerned with 'wasting' time upgrading them, as even if they do get replaced they make it more likely that I will be able to get through galactic conquest, which is the most important part of the game to be able to do well in.

Ive found that having ima in pvp as the leader really isn't that useful most of the time. When you get high enough that everyone is about equal to your strength, you can not defeat your opponent by killing them on defense, making counters effectively a lot less useful, the opponent attacking you is smart enough not to use AoE, and to focus on one target at a time, while my counter attacks are likely easily healed from. I have however found him slightly useful as a leader when im on the attack and the enemy AI wont be able to kill my team anyway, where killing the opponent ASAP is important, but since your damage this way is dispersed a lot between all the opponents characters it can end up being pointless as it is incredibly easy to heal.

I may have also severely underestimated Qui-Gon, he often crits, his assist attack does devastating damage and is on an incredibly low cooldown, he can use it every other turn. And his ability to get rid of that **** chewy taunt has saved my **** many times.
  • I've been teetering between Kit and Qui Gon myself on the Ima-Gun Di team. I've held #1 on my cluster for about a week now, and it's mostly due to being ahead by some levels... but those guys are catching up and I know the fight for the spot is coming, so I need to be prepared.

The main thing is a lot of them are also using Ima-Gun Di, and while on paper Kit is probably better than Qui Gon, I'm not so sure he is in an Ima-Gun Di face off. I've had matches against the AI where their Kit uses his AOE on me, and 3+ of my guys counter attack and put him down to half, or less. This is a real problem. Kit is currently the only dude with an AOE on my team, and while Qui Gon IS squishier, I'm not sure he still is if you factor in the RNG of the damage Kit takes off using his AOE in mirror matches.

Plus, as said, Qui Gon has very high burst damage in single target attacks. Aayla, Ima-Gun Di and Barriss also have very powerful proc attacks in their base attack, meaning Qui Gon gains power in having them assist. And, as also mentioned, his buff remover has a lot of utility. Squishy? Maybe, but good? Probably? Better than Kit? Needs to be seen. But it's possible that he is.
  • Akster
    571 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Vs a counter team Qui is definately better, as you need to focus the opponents one by one. Once abilities are upraaded properly, including basic attacks, ouch. Sure Kit is incredibly tanky, but Qui with assists from other jedi with upgraded abilities can decimate people.

The reason I overlooked Qui to begin with was because the ability levels I had for him were low, but as ive upgraded them as well as my other Jedi I see I was severely mistaken. Kit Fisto is tanky, but his abilities really do not provide so much for the team other than the low chance of his potency activating, giving my Obi a higher chance of a successful mind trick, unfortunately his proc chance is quite low and it makes him vulnerable to counter.

On defence if Qui can kill an enemy character quickly he is better than Kit, otherwise Kit is still better. On the other hand on offense I would always choose Qui over Kit.
  • I enjoy my qui gon. While he's not as tanky I feel he's a better attacker and definitely a good offense is great knocking off enemies. Defense wise who knows with the incompetent ai. You could throw 5 wet paper bags up and it would struggle to beat them.