Tier 5 of maces ship challenge is impossible.

Prev1
ItsJarJarBinkz
2494 posts Member
edited June 2017
I have Biggs, Poe, resistance pilot, Fives and JCs ship and lose before I even get a chance to attack. How do I beat it? https://imgur.com/a/cf8nj what happens.
Post edited by ItsJarJarBinkz on

Replies

• Options
    Not have bad ships
  • Options
    Not have bad ships

Very helpful.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    RNG and maybe ashoka can't really remember... But RNG matters alot; which is lame
  • Options
    You must have patience, finish your training, if you choose the quick and easy path....your credit card will be maxed ;)

Its easiest with a strong MW and Endurance with Republic ships.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    None of your ships r 7* and only 1 is 6*. Your ships aren't ready to 6* Mace.

Are your pilots modded w/ 6x lvl 15, 5* mods ?

What r your pilots gear levels ?

All these things add to ship damage, health, prot and speed.

• ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Poxx wrote: »

Poe is gear 11 all have 5* level 15 mods.
    Fives is gear 10
    Jc is gear 9
    Biggs is gear 10
    Resistance pilot is gear 8.
    My biggest problem is why do I need 7* ships when it says I need 5*? What a let down.
  • Torzek
    72 posts Member
    Options
    This is the only one I've not beaten. I'm told that Plo Koon's ship is a must have for it, though.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    Options
    Such hyperbole... It's not impossible.
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Such hyperbole... It's not impossible.

Yeah I used to bullseye womprats in my T16 back home...
  • Options
    I have Biggs, Poe, resistance pilot, Fives and JCs ship and lose before I even get a chance to attack. How do I beat it? https://imgur.com/a/cf8nj what happens.

Where are your reinforcements?
  • Options

I have none.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I have none.

get them maybe?

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Options
    Torzek wrote: »
    This is the only one I've not beaten. I'm told that Plo Koon's ship is a must have for it, though.

not true, I dont have it
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    When I completed it, my ships weren't 7*, but I believe they were 6*. Also, I used a different set-up. I ran clones in Arena 4ever so I had all 3 clone pilots at 7* gear XI, Plo and Ahsoka were gear X. Don't remember my reinforcements, but I had a couple lesser ships/pilots.
  • Options
    I just finally finished this challenge last night. It is definitely harder than the other two, but far from impossible. I have pretty much maxed out Biggs and Wedge, then gear 8 on Fives, JC, Aksoka, and SRP. Bistan and Mace are only gear 7, and while the fighters are all level 85 the endurance isn't, neither are most of the pilots, and I only had the one reinforcement. A really good light side fleet of the sort you would build if Endurance was your flagship for fleet arena would be at least half again the fleet power and probably at least twice as strong in actual combat.

The best order for targetting the enemy is take out the First Order Tie fighters first, then Boba before he gets his AOE off, then the Tie fighters. I did notice that Boba doesn't seem to use his one special that targets all target locked enemies, and the Tie Fighters never dodged, but I'm not sure if that always happens.
  • Options
    Even with 3 reinforcements lvl 85 it was already hard. So without reinforcements..
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    I ended up using one reinforcement. You really do need them. I was 5* at the time. RNG, and Republic ships is how I went. I felt that Rex was key for me. Kept me alive long enough to continue to pummel with Mace, JC, CS and 5's also helped me stay alive. Biggs was starting too but he didn't last long. Sent in Ahsoka to replace and finished with Ahsoka and 5's dead.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    I had a far easier time with Mace's challenge than Ackbars. Completed Mace while my Mace is still level 1, and hiscapital ship is level 1 before I completed Ackbar's, even though he is my fleet commander...
  • Options
    All you need is luck.

Step1:
    Tarkin will attack first
    - if you lost one of your ship, restart
    - if one of your ship is target locked, restart

Step 2:
    Try take down both first order pilots
    If tarkin call another reinforcement, restart again

Step 3:
    Kill boba

Step 4:
    Kill the rest.

I pass it with:
    Wedge, biggs,fives, bistan, jediconsular, support ahsoka

• Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options

Lol, I guess I was so lucky, completed it with no reinforcements at first try with 5* level 70 ships
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • CK_3030
    177 posts Member
    Options
    I had to farm Rex's ship until he was 5* so that I could use taunt on him and then use Rex's protection up special which completely cools down when using an all GR fleet.
  • Options

It is difficult to beat with only 5 ships, I couldn't either. But after getting 2 more ships in the mix, it became very easy.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    Wait, what? Thought this was about AA before I read the title properly. Mace was easymode (not quite as easy as Tarkin, but not hard). And I didn't even have good ships for it. Wiggs, Ahsoka, JC, Bistan (and a baby clone sergeant in reinforcements).

Might be harder now that Tarkin's stuff got fixed, though... wouldn't know. AA was by far the hardest one for me... it wasn't even close. Did Tarkin on the first attempt, Mace took a few tries and AA tooks weeks.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »

Poe is gear 11 all have 5* level 15 mods.
    Fives is gear 10
    Jc is gear 9
    Biggs is gear 10
    Resistance pilot is gear 8.
    My biggest problem is why do I need 7* ships when it says I need 5*? What a let down.

Also note that Pilot ability levels count towards their crew power as well.
  • Options
    I struggled with this one but my ships aren't very good and Mace is only gear 8 I think. Out of frustraion I put it on auto and just kept retrying, after a few goes I got lucky, enemy didn't call in reinforcements and I got some timely dodges. Keep plugging away at it mate, if my sorry fleet can do it I'm sure you can. On a side note, I much prefer Tarkin's flagship, it's amazing on offence.
  • Options
    Windu gives republic ships added offense, and if hes gear 11 his super special adds offense up with the hit imunity. My republic fleet is sorrounded by much more powerful fleets in arena mainly because this offense up, and having a capital ship taunt I can control the battle no matter which ships I have remaining. Basically use all republic ships to get the most of him. Which just makes sense.
  • Napoli
    544 posts Member
    Options
    Good feedback on the order. Even with that, however, for both Ackbar and Mace I had to play about 40 times until I won. It's almost all RNG. I was so overwhelmed I wouldn't have tried again after the 3rd or 4th time but forums were insistent with adequate ships it could be done. I just played ten times a day trying to get the perfect start and then seeing what happened. By day 4 on both Ackbar and Mace I had passed them.
  • Options
    I did it today on auto - first time I tried it. Haven't been able to do Ackbar or Tarkin yet so rng? All my ships are 6* level 85 - JC, Biggs, Ahsoka, Wedge, Fives and Clone Sergeant and Resistance Pilot on backup.
  • Options
    Get 7* ships with reinforcements and high gear pilots. This is actually an easy challenge.