Sabine armor shred

Jefferx
361 posts Member
Is anybody can explain to me how it work and where it is useful ? I do have sabine 7* abd tried ir in aat normal raid. I did stack 8-10 times in p4 on the tank but leia, wiggs or sabine never seem to increase their damage. Did the armor shred stack in raid ? I know the armor decrease is less but it seem to be nothing

Replies

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Whenever Kylo Ren takes damage he increases his Defense by 50% (Multiplicative) and Armor Shred is the exact opposite of that at -50% (Multiplicative). If you face Kylo you'll notice that it takes like 5-6ish+ hits or something to make the Defense increase actually noticeable. So for raidbosses you're probably not gonna see a hugely noticeable difference until you've stacked it like 10-12ish+ times on the raid bosses.
  • Options
    it doesnt stack on raid bosses. its supposed to stack at half normal value but my guild tested it extensively and it just wasnt stacking
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    it doesnt stack on raid bosses. its supposed to stack at half normal value but my guild tested it extensively and it just wasnt stacking

Oh well that sucks to hear, although if it does get fixed to stack what I said above should apply, might even be more noticeable sooner.
  • Options
    Armor Shred is redundant on the tank hull during topple because you already have 100% defense penetration. It doesn't matter of it stacks or not because there will be no difference.
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    Options
    Armor Shred is redundant on the tank hull during topple because you already have 100% defense penetration. It doesn't matter of it stacks or not because there will be no difference.
    I think you have the answer, i have to try sabine in p1 or p3 to see if it stack correctly. I would to try with chirpalpatine but palp do special damage, not physical.?so it should nit make any difference
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Jefferx wrote: »
    I think you have the answer, i have to try sabine in p1 or p3 to see if it stack correctly. I would to try with chirpalpatine but palp do special damage, not physical.?so it should nit make any difference

-50% Defense is both Armor and Resistance. Should increase both physical and special damage.
  • Options
    -50% and stacks, effects are halved against fearsome foe. So normal opponents need only 2 stacks, 4 stacks for bosses. On paper.
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    some days ago someone posted that armor shred is reaplied on the turrets when they revive
    so, it should be easier to topple the tank
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Options
    Fahrius wrote: »
    some days ago someone posted that armor shred is reaplied on the turrets when they revive
    so, it should be easier to topple the tank

Do you remember the post/have the link? I'd like to check this out
  • Options
    Armor shred is reaplied to resurrected toons as well.
  • Options
    its bugged atm, and CG just dont seem to care.
    instead of pushing us to spend money on phoenix squad, they could just fix the bugs on it, and we'll spend anyway.
    and Sabine 7* COULD work nice under Zody in p2 (and save scav for other things), since she have CC/CD high because of unique, her basic hit 3-5 Crits for 212th attack, her first special can stagger the top gun, and obviously, the armor shred would be better than scavenger's defdown after few turns.
    but, its bugged, it doesnt stack, therefore, scav > sabine at p2 haat for now.
    im sorry, but i see no other team it can work with, especially not with the current bug.
    the suggestion that it would work with palp on p3... armor shred is reducing armor, palp hitting special damage. i havent tried, aint gonna try, dont think someone video a try of that. anyway, i dont think it do any difference.