A question for the Jedi pros

Prev13
Antares
686 posts Member
I am about to get my Kenobi within the next two (maybe three) weeks and have everything ready to insta-gear him to G11. I was wondering what the most effective Jedi team is nowadays. Specifically it should be good against zMaul and Rex/Chaze teams. I was thinking either of the squads down below:

(a) zQGJ (L), zYoda, zzR2, Ezra, GK
(b) zQGJ (L), zYoda, zzR2, JKA, GK
(c) zQGJ (L), zzR2, Ezra, JKA, GK
(d) zQGJ (L), Aayla, Ezra, JKA, GK
(e) GK (L), zBarriss, zzR2, Ezra, Aayla

Please be aware that I am looking for a Jedi squad. The only allowed member from another faction is R2! Any thoughts would be appreciated.

cheers!

Replies

• c
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    c

won't the team go under vs. Maul without Yoda? Hummm.
  • Antares wrote: »
    c

won't the team go under vs. Maul without Yoda? Hummm.

They have a cleanser and cleanse themselves with every crit.
  • I would go for E or A, but I don't run Jedi, so I am basing my opinion on my opponents teams
  • Assuming you maxed those toons, e will be effective to hold rank.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Jay_cube1 wrote: »
    Assuming you maxed those toons, e will be effective to hold rank.

I was thinking this, too. The problem is I don't have the zeta in Barriss and don't want to waste 20 mats in case this does not work so well...
  • They may cleanse every hit but stun and daze prevents/slows them from hitting. As much of a fan of Aayla as I am I think the requirements are the zQGJ lead. R2 obviously. GK. And then yoda if you need the tenacity up. (To prevent that stun/daze) Last spot is either Ezra (debuff removal) or JKA (buff/heal immunity plus insane aoe damage under GKa forced taunts) or even Aayla if you need lots of stuns depending on what you need.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    WesTerallo wrote: »
    They may cleanse every hit but stun and daze prevents/slows them from hitting. As much of a fan of Aayla as I am I think the requirements are the zQGJ lead. R2 obviously. GK. And then yoda if you need the tenacity up. (To prevent that stun/daze) Last spot is either Ezra (debuff removal) or JKA (buff/heal immunity plus insane aoe damage under GKa forced taunts) or even Aayla if you need lots of stuns depending on what you need.

So, you are saying either of the above squads, depending on enemy team. The problem for me in arena is also, that there is not a single Sith team without SAss...and they are ALWAYS faster than my Yoda (+107 Speed)
  • ARO
    70 posts Member
    c) has no problem with triple cleanse or Zaul. I can be stunned/dazed/ability cooldown increase and I can still pull a win using auto and choosing targets. R2 and burn renders siths under Zaul sitting ducks. Shardmate running pure siths under Zaul has trouble beating me on offense.

https://swgoh.gg/u/aro/

When facing Tarkin lead with Thrawn, you may need to use either variation of a) or b) to prevent getting debuffed by Tarkin.

Biggest problem will be teams with GK, zariss with DN and chaze or similar variations. Here the solution is to use DN with your Jedi.
  • Kckid
    44 posts Member
    I just got Ezra up to snuff maxed gear modded up and in my team. I think the A option is the best lineup. However keep JKA in your back pocket and be fluid in putting him into Ezra place offensively in case you have to face a zbarriss or a particularly tough zavage.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    ARO wrote: »
    c) has no problem with triple cleanse or Zaul. I can be stunned/dazed/ability cooldown increase and I can still pull a win using auto and choosing targets. R2 and burn renders siths under Zaul sitting ducks. Shardmate running pure siths under Zaul has trouble beating me on offense.

https://swgoh.gg/u/aro/

When facing Tarkin lead with Thrawn, you may need to use either variation of a) or b) to prevent getting debuffed by Tarkin.

Biggest problem will be teams with GK, zariss with DN and chaze or similar variations. Here the solution is to use DN with your Jedi.

You sir, have a legendary +20 mod on R2. Not bad! Thanks for your insight. For the GK/zBarriss teams I use Resistance. Not that anyone runs those on my shard, though. It's still Maul/Rex-infested
  • Kckid
    44 posts Member
    Also Yoda is still amazingly useful after SithA pulls her shenanigans you cleanse with GK and then Yoda tenacity up and it's all downhill from there. A Jedi squad can be ok on defense but I honestly believe that is more God mod territory than specifics of Jedi in the lineup as long as you are using the staples GK, Z2 squared, and ZQGJ. The other 2 are your flavors of choice. Ezra and Yoda I believe are better but the others are just as viable (JKA more so than Aayla I think but both still). I don't have zbarriss but I think she's a cute gimmick :smiley:
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    OK, so no agreement here. I guess any of the above will do then. :D
  • Kckid
    44 posts Member
    I think a lot of it is dependant on your shard and mods :/ I tried so hard to rid my team of the little green devil but he is just too **** useful.
  • C is your go-to lineup. Destroys triple cleanse and Sith.

Keep Yoda handy in case you see a Tarkin team. Vader lead with Sith Assassin as well.
  • Top Jedi team on my shard uses (a).
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    zQGJ, zR2, gk, jka, ezra

It beats everything. Sub in Yoda when you need him.
  • I'm going with b team soon, might try Ezra when I finish farming him.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    I'm going with b team soon, might try Ezra when I finish farming him.

A shard mate of mine has the (b) team. Pretty hard to defeat, but he also gets pushed from the top by other players.
  • Irrlicht
    471 posts Member
    I combine (b) and (c). Depending on my opponent and mood. Against many they are pretty similar, against huge debuffers as Tarkin Yoda is better, against Thrawn led+Shore teams or Zarriss teams Ezra is better. Aayla is of little use now: many Tenacity Up toons, lots of cleansers, many dazers and now R2 with mass stealth dropped her value. That Zarris+GK (e) team you suggested is pretty weak. First, Anakin is a must in that team: with 20% heal one can dance back and forth on the verge of 50% limit so long that Ani will kill anyone singlehandedly. But it still has little dps, so without DNz I wouldn't advise to use this team.
  • Level_Padawan
    225 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    A) Is the best for good mods
    C) is the best for super mods

B ) Is the true Jedi one (and the one I use https://swgoh.gg/u/Alec/ ) cause let's face it: Who the f is Ezra? :smile:
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

Nov. 2015 shard.

Ezra is little known...true. But, he dispels, he calls an assist, he hits like a truck, he's fast, has good survivability. I'll add 1 nameless pogue to my 4 well-knowns. He compliments them quite well.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Poxx wrote: »

Another +20 mod! Gz, man, I wish I would have been that lucky!:)
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Antares wrote: »
    • (e) (L) GK, Ezra, zzR2, Aayla, zBarriss
    • (a) (L) zQGJ, GK, Ezra, zzR2, zYoda
    • (b) (L) zQGJ, GK, zYoda, zzR2, JKA
    • (c) (L) zQGJ, GK, Ezra, zzR2, JKA
    • (d) (L) zQGJ, GK, Ezra, Aayla, JKA

I've been messing around with your list ;). All I can tell you is that (e) gives me the most trouble when I'm trying to blow them up with First Order. Sometimes I can't get heal immunity to stick on GK so FOTP is the only one that can actually damage him, then the rest just heal him up. Every turn is just spent fruitlessly beating on GK while he has taunt and then occasionally get a single shot at someone else, then it's back to beating on GK and watching him heal on every other shot.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Strip GK's taunt then kill the character w/ crit immunity right under Bariss and GK's noses.

O.o (A) btw
  • Jedi teams I face without Yoda are so much easier to attack - I don't run Jedi - but as a DS user I'd vote A and B hands down. I know some love Barriss, but she's total garbage on defense and you don't need her heal with GK / foresight spam on jedi anyway - plenty of survivability there.
  • (f) qgj, jka, r2, barriss, gk

Don't spare the zetas ;)
  • jonni
    133 posts Member
    the answer is (A) all day anyday. the other variations may be better for certain team types, but A is the 1 team that will kill all teams.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    jonni wrote: »
    the answer is (A) all day anyday. the other variations may be better for certain team types, but A is the 1 team that will kill all teams.

If your shard is all Rex/Chaze/GK or some form of cleanse or the Wedge leads that started popping up again C will do wonders.

Also @OP the one squad where you took out zzR2 you put in Aayla for R2. If you're taking out your cleanse on crit you would definitely need Yoda in there, not Aayla. But my vote still goes to A, unless you literally only face triple cleanse teams in which case go C.