Speed Changes and Poe Dameron

Replies

• This thread really should be locked.

Yes, don't let people voice their opinions.

The search function combined with someone's name can reveal there agenda quickly.

Remember "most" of what you post here is permanent for people to scrutinize.
  • All the people who wants refund for spending money on cantina shipments for poe.... are you kiddkng me ? If this is allowed Then EA have to refund on every single thing they do. Stop whining like a little baby and grow up son. You cant play this game 100% there will be someset backs but you got to suck it up and over come it like a man. Such a whining little babies :)
  • Yeay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • This thread really should be locked.

Did of say that? Don't assume to put words in the mouths of others. It's turned into a huge argument/flaming thread. Tell me, how's that productive?
  • jtveclipse12
    158 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm bummed out about the poe nerfs, spent all this time farming him. Almost got him to 6*. Hes still a tank who can get a fast taunt off, so he is still useful.

However the change to speed is absolutely devastating. I've been farming Rey since the first day i started playing (Dec 16th). This speed change now puts Sid always going before her. She now has a small window right off the start on if her passive will even be active. Seriously who doesnt use sid?

I havent double checked this but dooku will now always fire off his stun first (Unless a yoda has qgj lead buff).
  • Dan_z
    103 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    moongod wrote: »
    Poe is still a completely viable character. He just isn't an lol coin toss iWin button anymore.

Exactly this. Seems some of these pitiful whiners don't like any challenge and feel entitled to have a "I win lolz" option. Poe is still very very good, just not the game breakingly imbalanced God mode he was before.
    If this game is going to succeed it MUST have variety and some form of skill / strategy involvement. Not everyone running around with the same teams relying on coin tosses to decide their fate.
  • All the people who wants refund for spending money on cantina shipments for poe.... are you kiddkng me ? If this is allowed Then EA have to refund on every single thing they do. Stop whining like a little baby and grow up son. You cant play this game 100% there will be someset backs but you got to suck it up and over come it like a man. Such a whining little babies :)

This is a good question. I have stopped playing today. I don't want to use my investment in the direction this has taken anymore. I kindly ask CG what is the proper way to first seek a refund from CG/EA instead of other routes or options.

Please PM as there are no instructions. My account has thousands of Crystals and I have bouth $60 just the past two weeks. I'd donate any refund to a charity too. I don't need the money for something else - but I feel mislead and would like CG to make it right here.

I'd also like to know if accounts can be transfered. I like most the charity option of course, but would transfer this if possible as a simpler action.

Thanks.
  • MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    This thread really should be locked.

The search function combined with someone's name can reveal there agenda quickly.

You say that like post history is supposed to be some sort of secret, only to come off like a creeper when you point it out.

Fact is Poe was going to get a nerf, and the game is better now that he's not dominating the Arena. Cry more; it's delicious.

Edit: BTW, it's "their", smart guy.
  • MenaceTEC wrote: »

You say that like post history is supposed to be some sort of secret, only to come off like a creeper when you point it out.

Fact is Poe was going to get a nerf, and the game is better now that he's not dominating the Arena. Cry more; it's delicious.

Lol
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Fact is Poe nerf had been comunicated, would go live today and would be monitored. So everything that you post is incorrect, flaming a user and missleading. Why do you need to attack spelling? The person that said "close the thread" has as a goal to silence this very sensitive topic and a very clear position. One of the things standing firm that I appreciate is that they host this forum and have rules, but have made it clear it's a joint place and community. And they consistently abide by that.
  • People are upset because they cant mindlessly use one character to dominate the game anymore. Wah wah wah. Stop crying and noone should get refunded anything. EA should put a major disclaimer on their packs that characters stats are subject to change. Anyone that wasted money on a character you can get for free is crazy. And Poe is still good he just doesnt dominate the game anymore. And if they do give anyone a refund they should ban you from using Poe.

The complaint isn't that they nerfed him, even as someone who uses him I wanted him nerfing. The complaint is that they did not mention this major nerf or the change to speed in their patch notes. Had they done so I would have kept him at 3* and used him sparingly, instead I got him to 5*, level 70 and full gear. If I'm payingfor content, I want full disclosure.

They said in the notes they were changing his equipment and it would effect some of his stats. Just because they didnt give you line by line detail you are all crying. Because you raised him 2* give me a break he is still the best tank.

*Yawn*

Oh that's edgy
    Roger roger
  • KitsuAeryn wrote: »
    Very happy with this change!
    BatuKhan wrote: »
    Am I understanding this correctly: He loses 444 health also? So he loses speed, he loses tenacity, he loses expose, AND he loses a huge chunk of health?

He loses a single point of speed. He's still going to get his taunt off before most folks get to go, and that means he's going to absorb a couple hits that your glass cannons would have otherwise taken to the chin.

Poe's still viable for the same reasons he was always viable -- a lightning-fast taunt. I think these changes are likely to make that competitive to play against instead of an arms race where everyone needs a maxed Poe to compete.

Well done, devs!

You must not play against the same arena competition that I do. Poe will go only after 3 of my opponents go when I'm matching up againt the top competitors right now. That means one and possibly two dead IG units, and a complete massacre for droid owners. More than just Poe himself (which is sad for the Resistance team I was building), this change completely obliterates droid squads, which are designed entirely to prevent IG-88 and IG-86 from getting smoked on the first turn.

• Gurley30 wrote: »
    Nonemo wrote: »

So, what are you all even upset about? I really, honestly don't understand. What is it that is so terrible?

That it wasn't in the patch notes. How are you so dense not to understand this

Take a good, long hard look at that list of buffs and nerfs they applied to Poe. Then tell me that it is worth raising all heck over. It's hardly even a nerf. As was stated, they had unforeseen circumstances. That's why it wasn't in the patch notes. Why is this such a big deal?
  • Dilligaf
    221 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    SpeedWeed wrote: »
    CPMP wrote: »
    five2zero wrote: »
    Paying customers now know what they are getting. This is the worst case for payers, they are not getting what they are payed for.
    It's not about me, but i feel with payers.

When you are referring to paying customers, keep in mind that there are many paying customers who want a balanced game. And that there are paying customers who paid REAL money for characters that became useless because of Poe (e.g nightsisters) Poe was free to IOS players and he was not chromium hero for android players too. And the nerf and "future" nerfs were announced barely 2 weeks ago. And at the same time they announced Jedi event and most people rushed to get their jedi too.
    So don't say the majority wasted money and resources on Poe (while they knew future nerfs were coming) because they didn't. The minority that demanding refunds are just a bunch of crybabies and some of them are even IOS players who got him for free....

PS 1. His nerf wasn't even that harsh. He is still the only viable arena tank.
    PS 2. If you want refund from Poe, i want refund for all chromium characters that aren't as strong as him + refund from all the extra crystals i lost in arena by Poe teams.
    PS 3. Thanks EA/CG for taking steps into creating a balanced and enjoyable game.

U do realize not everyone got poe free.

Not everyone got to buy dooku for $5

Hence why he said some got it free
    Roger roger
  • MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Fact is Poe nerf had been comunicated, would go live today and would be monitored. So everything that you post is incorrect, flaming a user and missleading. Why do you need to attack spelling? The person that said "close the thread" has as a goal to silence this very sensitive topic and a very clear position. One of the things standing firm that I appreciate is that they host this forum and have rules, but have made it clear it's a joint place and community. And they consistently abide by that.

Just having a few laughs, given how seriously MenaceTEC takes this whole thing.

And what specifically did I post that was incorrect? The nerf we actually got (with regards to speed anyway) was not communicated at all, so I'm having trouble understanding your point.
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    vangoh wrote: »
    You do realize that they could just release patch notes after the patch. There is no pleasing this community. No matter what CG does there will be 100 I'm calling my credit card company posts.

You do realize they didn't do that, right? They posted changes coming in and did something else (false and misleading information)? Jeez, do you even know what's actually going on?

Devs stated way back that the changes to tenacity were preliminary and that they were monitoring the situation. Read back. This means that more changes could reasonably be expected to come. There's nothing misleading about this course of actions imo.

That also said that the possible changes would be implemented after observation of the game after the patch rolled out, which was untrue.

@Nonemo, I suggest you read again.

Doesn't change the fact that changes were to be expected, sooner or later.

This isn't even a heavy nerf. The big part is the change in how speed works. Which changes everything for ALL characters. Can't use that as an argument when it comes to Poe specifically. -1 speed on Poe is negligible. He gained some ATK and lost some HP. Well boo hoo.

Doesn't change the fact that people have a right to be aggrieved.

Must be nice to be you. Argue on a point and smoothly change to another when your point is beeped. Sales?

People always have the right to be aggravated. Doesn't mean they're in the right.

It's not too nice to be me. I burned out at my job as successful editor-in-chief nine months ago. Now I play silly app games and argue with strangers online. Well... Since you asked.

Editor-in-chief, huh? No wonder your sympathies lie with the management, can't take criticism.

Sorry I came back but you really didn't say anything about why the aggrieved people are in the wrong. Because they believed what the devs said and changed game play and spent cash on that belief, they're in the wrong? Try doing that in your publication, posting one thing and doing something else and then expecting kudos on a job well done! Oh, sorry, you burnt out, you can't do anything like that now! My bad.

You know what, once you start targeting and branding buyers personally in a matter between them and the sellers, you're bound to start getting personal attacks. You are a happy customer. Enjoy. Some are not happy with their product, let them do whatever they want. Why does it affect you? Let the conversation be between the affected parties. Let the devs and /or their reps handle the complaints. That is their job, not yours or anybody else's. Isn't it preposterous that I'm arguing with you over something I'm not even that mad about? I just want to put it out there that misleading customers will always be taken badly. Why do I have to be branded a loser, a whiner by anybody else?

Mods, you have to handle these kind of posts at least in the announcement and feedback threads.

@FashionFett

This is just nasty
    Roger roger
  • Seriously that's nasty and the "get off the pipe" comment you were silent about. Or any of the other crudely hurled insults?

Just having a few laughs, given how seriously MenaceTEC takes this whole thing.

And what specifically did I post that was incorrect? The nerf we actually got (with regards to speed anyway) was not communicated at all, so I'm having trouble understanding your point.

"Fact is poe was going to get a nerf". It's misleading. You know why. It's a strawman. Fact is he was going to get a DIFFERENT nerf (and fair process).

• moongod wrote: »
    @Nonemo they took away the coin flip iWin button. Now you may have to use brain in game. B)

Exactly! LOL..

Of course when a 'balancing' or nerf take place, some people will like it, some will hate it.. And as usual, the ones hating the change will be more vocal.. Personally I hated Poe, don’t have, don’t want him even if he isnt 'nerf' cause as others mentioned, having the coin flip iwin hero is boring as hell..

@Nonemo, for this arguement, it is an understatement to say that 'its just -1 speed' since it is a huge deal on the attack sequence.. But is it unjust? I dont think so.. Are the devs lying? I agree with you, they are not lying, because they didnt say that the changes are final at all.. But they didnt tell the heavy Poe users the whole truth..
    Personally I dont see you defending the dev at all, but it surely ticks off some players when we try to share the positive points, when we try to be a bit optimistic and realistic, when we take the game as just a game (lightheartedly).. Welp, dont mind them.. Keep the community positive, fun, and resrouceful :)

TLDR:
    Sometimes half a truth is almost as bad as a lie, cause it mislead..
    @ea_jesse I strongly think that the dev should tell the whole changes, not just partially.. Hope CG/EA can improve on this, since the negativity and criticism is actually a lot worst than the changes/nerf it self..
    My virtual 2 cents, I dont agree that the changes to Poe is that **** hard..
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Raven wrote: »
    moongod wrote: »
    @Nonemo they took away the coin flip iWin button. Now you may have to use brain in game. B)

Exactly! LOL..

Of course when a 'balancing' or nerf take place, some people will like it, some will hate it.. And as usual, the ones hating the change will be more vocal.. Personally I hated Poe, don’t have, don’t want him even if he isnt 'nerf' cause as others mentioned, having the coin flip iwin hero is boring as hell..

@Nonemo, for this arguement, it is an understatement to say that 'its just -1 speed' since it is a huge deal on the attack sequence.. But is it unjust? I dont think so.. Are the devs lying? I agree with you, they are not lying, because they didnt say that the changes are final at all.. But they didnt tell the heavy Poe users the whole truth..
    Personally I dont see you defending the dev at all, but it surely ticks off some players when we try to share the positive points, when we try to be a bit optimistic and realistic, when we take the game as just a game (lightheartedly).. Welp, dont mind them.. Keep the community positive, fun, and resrouceful :)

TLDR:
    Sometimes half a truth is almost as bad as a lie, cause it mislead..
    @ea_jesse I strongly think that the dev should tell the whole changes, not just partially.. Hope CG/EA can improve on this, since the negativity and criticism is actually a lot worst than the changes/nerf it self..
    My virtual 2 cents, I dont agree that the changes to Poe is that **** hard..

Post edited by EA_Jesse on
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    This is parody....
    ...right?
    It must be. I mean, they made the guy the dominant force in the game for over half of its existence, but now that he's not "YOU MUST HAVE OR YOU LOSE", accusing them of discrimination?
    Yeah, must be parody.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited February 2016

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016

This has to be the most bizarre thing I've ever read here, and that's saying a lot.
    As for his "brutal nerf", it consists primarily of him actually going at the speed he is supposed to, instead of having a good chance of going ahead of characters with speeds 15% higher. He's not destroyed, in fact I am continuing to star up my Poe and feel I can make some interesting teams with him.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    edited February 2016

[/quote]

Calm down there esse, no Juan is discriminating anybody now am i clear?
    (LOL's at your reply XD)

@Qeltar brah, do you even..... wait, what are you two discussing about? is this the new level of....

Now im confused

:open_mouth:
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    This is escalating so quickly, we're reaching escape velocity. This may be the first thread to walk on the moon! I'm ready and eager.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Not acussing. He is in fact the only Hispanic there, and there are many posters that only happened to "hate" this character. And along with that sentiment came a brutal nerf that destroyed him.
    People hated the cartoon implementation of him in this game because he completely unbalanced and dominated gameplay. What on earth does that have to do with the in-movie character being played by a Hispanic? I bet most people didn't even know that (I didn't). Nobody cares if he's Hispanic, black, white or Martian. They cared about insta-losing every fight where the enemy Poe went first unless they got lucky.
    This has to be the most bizarre thing I've ever read here, and that's saying a lot.
    As for his "brutal nerf", it consists primarily of him actually going at the speed he is supposed to, instead of having a good chance of going ahead of characters with speeds 15% higher. He's not destroyed, in fact I am continuing to star up my Poe and feel I can make some interesting teams with him.

You really believe that?
    They knew EXACTLY what they were doing after assigning 143 to him. IT WAS NOT A MISTAKE. Nothing is at this level of few million dollar product.
    However so, I have tested new arena. Although I still believe it is less fair than before, allowing greater amount of people to claim their reward and circulate top prizes amongst time zones... OBVIOUSLY A MONEY GRAB, I do get more stationary place, rather than "trying to be fair and putting up secondary team to get more people rewards from different time zones"...
    BTW, posted topic: "after getting prize in your time zone, put up your B-team and allow more people to have rewards from different time zones"... DELETED BY MODS!
    CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!
    They would stoop so low that is to delete post that would allow more people to get rewards... good capitalists I suppose.
    Beat them or join them, this is the last time I write for fun about this game.
    Just so everyone knows I got a email from EA themselves which directed me how to get a refund.

So you're leaving then
    Roger roger
  • Nonemo wrote: »
    This is escalating so quickly, we're reaching escape velocity. This may be the first thread to walk on the moon! I'm ready and eager.

At this rate of escalation I believe we could actually travel through time and space!
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    You really believe that?
    They knew EXACTLY what they were doing after assigning 143 to him. IT WAS NOT A MISTAKE. Nothing is at this level of few million dollar product.

Mistakes are always made. For example, this whole thread started with Jesse telling us about how they made one.
    BTW, posted topic: "after getting prize in your time zone, put up your B-team and allow more people to have rewards from different time zones"... DELETED BY MODS!
    CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?!
    They would stoop so low that is to delete post that would allow more people to get rewards... good capitalists I suppose.

The same amount of rewards goes out every day. It's not like spots 3, 5 and 14 are ever empty because somebody lost a battle. Maybe there was some other reason your post was removed?
    Seriously that's nasty and the "get off the pipe" comment you were silent about. Or any of the other crudely hurled insults?

You have no idea, you do a straw poll of your real life friends and see how many think that wasn't a cruel thing to say.
    Roger roger
This discussion has been closed.