Speed Changes and Poe Dameron

Replies

• Tak
    352 posts Member
    Tak wrote: »
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    The Poe nerf was not in the patch notes?????????

The WHOLE point of releasing patch notes is that this game requires an immense amount of time and planning!

So when you release the patch notes you are signaling to people HOW they can plan!

I dumped ALL my Cantina Resources into Poe based off of information YOU gave us! This is unbelievable - I spent MONEY on this and now it gets pulled out from under us without notice! Worse yet- it was pulled out from under us with a FALSE PRETENSE

I am done with this game if I don't get my cantina shipments back that I spent over the last 7 days on this character. This is unbelievable

You will never get any refunds for anything. For over a month they only paid me out 400 green gems for the entire galactic war, and it should have been 1200! So conservativly they owed me at least 40,000 (it also shorted me $ & shards but I couldn't prove it with screen shots) & it was a huge set back after I'd invested hard earned money. The real kind. They never reimbursed me a dime even after I proved the scenario with screen shots. They're straight up bandits. Unfortunately you can't invest trust in these people & since I've just stopped investing hard cash like I was before. They should be reported to consumer affairs; electronic property is still property.

When Apple sees a flood of requests for the same reason it will be noticed. How many hundreds of refunds have been requested in the past hour?

Maybe ten I bet. Not everyone is a drama queen

In fact I would take it a step further. I'm betting that EA and apple are in pretty constant communication etc. Most of the refund requests will be denied outright
  • meanpride wrote: »
    @MenaceTEC Why not just get your refund and leave the game and this forum? Whats the point of staying if all you have is complaints.

He wants to "see this through" whatever that means. I don't think he knows what "quitting" means, but I sure don't like his definition of it.
  • ok DOOKU will be OP now lol
  • I like it. Well done, this is the correct way.
    If with this some people want to quit the game, I say leave them as they please. Best lose some players now than the mass after. A good balanced game will only grow its player base, an unbalanced one is doomed to die eventually.
  • Thanks for the info! Great patch btw!
  • Did you go with the "my kid stole my credit card" excuse?
    @MenaceTEC Why not just get your refund and leave the game and this forum? Whats the point of staying if all you have is complaints.

He wants to "see this through" whatever that means. I don't think he knows what "quitting" means, but I sure don't like his definition of it.

Oh yes I'm gonna let some trolling by a guy with a bad pun for a name run me off.

Oh noes!
  • It was well known a nerf was comming the week after they released poe, its your fault if you hopped on the bandwagon and dumped your resources into him, knowing a potential nerf was coming

Dont know what else to say but you saw it coming to everybody complaining about this nerf
  • I personally find it disturbing they do not have patch notes for all changes.

Developer changes a whole bunch of stuff. Here's some of patch notes for you to release.

Huh? Giving a full list of changes is apparently difficult for CG?

Its like the bundle packs/chronium. They could have just gave all shards so as not to penalize people who already unlocked the characters.

I know all companies are about making money.

But for the price of the IAP there seems to be little value outside of nostalgia sake atm

Take the anakin bundle 4 star anakin 2 star qgj ashoka tokens for that price? Couldn't put in a 5 star to help unlock yoda??

I am not sure if % damage reduction is hard to code. It would open up the meta for all types of team composition if damage was toned down.

Arena meta is so limited. Everything is speed n high damage. You just need to win RNG to go first. Pick the right target to dps down.

Even if u p2p to unlock everything. U will barely even use 20% of your roster

Fastest damage dealers is the meta

Poe changes nothing

I get it. its a simple game based on star wars

Enough fan boys ( like me ) to milk

For the price for the IAP involved

They are showing us players little regard by not even having the basic courtesy to have a full patch note.
  • cosmicturtle333
    5004 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Man, some of you need to get a grip. It is obvious that speed was not working as intended, they never meant for it to be tiered. You complainers should just be grateful you benefited this long from a broken system. Poe never would have been as OP if speed worked corrctly from the begininng.

It is laughable you now want a refund. So I guess anytime any character is adjusted in a negative way, people who have them should get a refund. That makes no sense whatsoever.
  • This does nothing but destroy a viable ftp droid team. You guys will just cry about qgj and obi next. This isn't hearthstone. These characters take months to finish and we don't even get a chance to see them realized. Please refund the investments of cantina currency and gear put into heroes that no longer fulfill their roles.
  • MenaceTEC wrote: »
    meanpride wrote: »

Oh yes I'm gonna let some trolling by a guy with a bad pun for a name run me off.

Oh noes!

The GT is actually a reference to an old song, not sure where the pun is.

Anyway, I'm not trying to run you off. In fact, I thought you would do that to yourself with the whole "quitting" rant before. You're not doing anything constructive, are clouding an important topic with your nonsense buyer's remorse, and have such an acrimonious tone that to rifle through your comments is an eye sore.

More to the topic, speed it huge and it shouldn't have so easily slipped the patch notes. But it did. We all knew Poe was looking at an aftershock of a nerf, and he got one (-1 speed in an arena with no speed tiers in addition to some minor stat changes). I don't see the big deal.

For the future: more scrupulous care for patch notes, if any at all.
  • Thank you for finally balancing the god that was Poe, finally the droid Poe teams will be beatable
  • LOL glad I switched to farming qui gon! In all seriousness though that does kind of suck for people that dumped everything on Poe, but come on, everyone knew he was getting nerfed this patch and I think this is how speed should work anyway.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    klay wrote: »
    Man, some of you need to get a grip. It is obvious that speed was not working as intended, they never meant for it to be tiered. You complainers should just be grateful you benefited thos long from a broken system. Poe never would have been as OP of speed worked corrctly from the begininng.

It is laughable you now want a refund. So I guess anytime any character is adjusted in a negative way, people who have them should get a refund. That makes no sense whatsoever.

Yea it's a phenomenon I'm still getting used to. The only refund I've ever seen given to players as a result of in game changes was in SWG for the trials of Obi Wan expansion with the announcement of the NGE one week after the expansion was released. I've never seen such an emotional group of people. If these charge backs were appealed by the vendor they would absolutely be reversed in favor of the vendor. The only reason these banks and credit companies indulge these tantrums is they value you as a customer.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Thanks @EA_Jesse , as a Poe user I am ok with this, my only issue with everything is I wish there would of been a...."speed is being revamped and changed completely in regard to turn 1 mechanics in the upcoming update, be advised with any decision making you have till the next update".

Considering this is the biggest part of the update in terms of game mechanics and the fact it wasn't mentioned in the release notes is the biggest problem most of us I think are having with this.
  • Been testing vs. teams..this really opens up the possible counters and teams. The speed teams took a measurable step back. Even GS / Jinn combos. This is controversial now, any change this big would be, but the meta opens up A LOT with this change - even of Poe were still 143 speed. The breaking of the brackets and RNG flips that resulted from that will bring a lot of change and builds. Empire teams might be legit...Rebels...that tank build....general speed teams will have a place...Poe still has a prominent place in many builds. We are about to see a really fun and diverse game now. They could have accomplished this without changing Poe at all by removing the turn brackets.
  • Poe in his prior state was toxic to the game. Glad it's done with. Thank you for making these changes.

CG also never said they were done making adjustments.

Oh noes!

Anyway, I'm not trying to run you off. In fact, I thought you would do that to yourself with the whole "quitting" rant before. You're not doing anything constructive, are clouding an important topic with your nonsense buyer's remorse, and have such an acrimonious tone that to rifle through your comments is an eye sore.

More to the topic, speed it huge and it shouldn't have so easily slipped the patch notes. But it did. We all knew Poe was looking at an aftershock of a nerf, and he got one (-1 speed in an arena with no speed tiers in addition to some minor stat changes). I don't see the big deal.

What quitting rant? I told EA they can close my account if they so chose in order to refund my purchases. What other way do they have to roll back progress etc. Do you have some better suggestion since you have so much to say?

If I were F2P bottom feeder I wouldn't bother asking for a refund. Get it? I won't spend a dime on this game again that's for sure.

Allowing them to "repo" my account doesn't mean I said I would quit. Though that is indeed how I feel right now.

You must not have read any posts prior to today from me? My posts have been all constructive despite the toxic nature of the trolls inhabiting this board and making it a cesspool.
    **** whiners are asking for refunds. Refund of what? TFA bundle? its not like you only got Poe in that bundle and you probably have spent all the crystals that came with it. Also, all the progress that you achieved in-game with Poe in hand cannot be taken back, like Arena crystals.

You don't seem to understand. Many of us are gone forever. While some have no problem having the nature of what they buy changed some *shocking news* do, and have all the right to be ao.

Especially after one thing gets announced, another gets done, left unannounced and only after players noticing it gets confirmed. Not even a truthfelt apology.

Sorry, but even a proper apology won't do here. I pay money and expect apologies come in the same currency. If you change what I buy drastically, I will apply my own TOS which is treat customers with respect, and purchases of chars (and their gears) as a very serious matter. While I won't be missed, my EA stock is worth less now by about $800. And while am not missed, still wish everyone a great experience...I am sure the ither 10,000,000 would not mind me spending my money as well.

1) I had accepted a nerf already (completely unneded)
    2) We had as users shared all our points of view
    3) I had forgiven the Barris situation as they commited to change

I have made decisions based on basic most fundamental game mechanics. But that I can tolerate. But how this was "managed" and the apologies expressed here are just mindblowing to me.

• @MenaceTEC ,you are the troll and the cesspool holmes :)
  • I thought it was pretty obvious Poe was getting nerfed, why all the outrage. They're called notes not facts/gospel
  • GoaT1221 wrote: »
    @MenaceTEC ,you are the troll and the cesspool holmes :)

Constructive... Lol
    MenaceTEC wrote: »

Oh noes!

What quitting rant? I told EA they can close my account if they so chose in order to refund my purchases. What other way do they have to roll back progress etc. Do you have some better suggestion since you have so much to say?

If I were F2P bottom feeder I wouldn't bother asking for a refund. Get it? I won't spend a dime on this game again that's for sure.

Allowing them to "repo" my account doesn't mean I said I would quit. Though that is indeed how I feel right now.

You must not have read any posts prior to today from me? My posts have been all constructive despite the toxic nature of the trolls inhabiting this board and making it a cesspool.

I must have struck a nerve. Sorry. I lumped you with the mob of others regretting their swgoh investments. And I have read most of your comments, regrettably, and they are not very constructive and still aren't. My suggestion is to deal with the changes in a more healthy way. Metas are designed to fluctuate and you are never going to be aware of every change in the game ahead of time. My phasma was nerfed and so was my Ventress (to some degree). I was aware of this ahead of time, but 3 days notice is nothing. Polluting the forums is not really the way I'd go about it, but I am a troll and what do I know?

I look forward to the meta change, although I have a suspicion that qgj lead with yoda/Jedi will take it. Jedi have strong healers, fair damage, decent survivabitly, speed, and who knows what yoda will add to the mix.

• Wow wasted shards farming him. I could have 50 shards for my Qui Gon.
  • Barrok
    1753 posts Member
    Been testing vs. teams..this really opens up the possible counters and teams. The speed teams took a measurable step back. Even GS / Jinn combos. This is controversial now, any change this big would be, but the meta opens up A LOT with this change - even of Poe were still 143 speed. The breaking of the brackets and RNG flips that resulted from that will bring a lot of change and builds. Empire teams might be legit...Rebels...that tank build....general speed teams will have a place...Poe still has a prominent place in many builds. We are about to see a really fun and diverse game now. They could have accomplished this without changing Poe at all by removing the turn brackets.

Not sure what team you are with, but I imagine if you guys are anything like Instinct you are running through all the options. I can almost guarantee you that with enough resources you can make a super broken team.. we just need to find that team. Brackets were the only way to "block" combo's, if you will.

Also, since brackets no longer exist, it doesn't matter that at 80 Poggle gets 143 speed (using this as an example). That was going to put him in an elite group, now it just makes him barely better. Then we have people like Dooku, who at max gears will have 179 speed. Assaj has 86, so Dooku will always take two turns before her lolol.
  • It was well known a nerf was comming the week after they released poe, its your fault if you hopped on the bandwagon and dumped your resources into him, knowing a potential nerf was coming

Dont know what else to say but you saw it coming to everybody complaining about this nerf

Lol, if "Hey you guys, they're not going to nerf the most OP hero that much" makes your wallet open, people might not jump at the chance to feel sorry for you. A fool and his crystals....

• SpeedWeed
    504 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Still not seeing anyone show a working meta change

Everyone who wants to be competitive runs high speed high damage core

Whose playing full ashoka ventress and all the slow toons or tanks composition?
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Been testing vs. teams..this really opens up the possible counters and teams. The speed teams took a measurable step back. Even GS / Jinn combos. This is controversial now, any change this big would be, but the meta opens up A LOT with this change - even of Poe were still 143 speed. The breaking of the brackets and RNG flips that resulted from that will bring a lot of change and builds. Empire teams might be legit...Rebels...that tank build....general speed teams will have a place...Poe still has a prominent place in many builds. We are about to see a really fun and diverse game now. They could have accomplished this without changing Poe at all by removing the turn brackets.

Not sure what team you are with, but I imagine if you guys are anything like Instinct you are running through all the options. I can almost guarantee you that with enough resources you can make a super broken team.. we just need to find that team. Brackets were the only way to "block" combo's, if you will.

Also, since brackets no longer exist, it doesn't matter that at 80 Poggle gets 143 speed (using this as an example). That was going to put him in an elite group, now it just makes him barely better. Then we have people like Dooku, who at max gears will have 179 speed. Assaj has 86, so Dooku will always take two turns before her lolol.

Well, so far the extremes seem to be in good balance. I'm owning pure old "turn 1" speed teams with my tank aoe build. Slight tweaks like DoT working now, Sid going before Poe always, health steal on attack, Poe having lower expose and not even being on all meta teams now...add it all up and the tank build is undefeated vs. these teams tonight. I / we haven't tested all builds yet of course, but I've seen enough to know that a lot more builds / toons are on the table now. Personally, I'm loving this change. The brackets were bad. Toons are balanced based on their speed - that should generally hold. Poe was breaking that balance (for instance making FOTP fast) and the brackets lead to that as well as large groupings of toons were lumped together. Now the actual speed stat matters. Not just these bulky bands. Throw speed leaders in there to manipulate things further as options and you have some a game it would seem.
This discussion has been closed.