Really? Profit mining hunt is a joke. 25 energy for 25k when it use to be 50 energy for 110k

Prev1
I just don't understand why they keep taking more away from us as players. They must really love the money. Mining key challenges use to be 110k for 50 energy but now they are 25 energy for 25k ( 50 energy for 50k). Really? Let me guess this is for "balance" just like the GW shipment refresh changes. They are trying to make you pay more for their game. Not happy :neutral:
Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol

Replies

• I just made my lengthy first post about exactly this issue. With these new rewards I cannot see how anyone can stay competitive without spending big which is just not right...

And it's 25K if you get the multiplier. I just did the event 4 times and got 8k each time...
  • KTroy24
    241 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    They "want" you to spend more but they'll say some c-rap like its for the "balance" of the game just like changing the GW shipment refreshes. The older rewards were better and could only be accessed once a day but seems like CGames just wants more potential $$$. I'm sick of playing nice, these guys are just money hungry. I have way more respect to supercell and their clash of clans product. Much better company that isn't all about the $$$.
  • Hopefully they see all of the posts regarding this change and change it back time make it better for us. RNG is terrible for the multiplier. Pulled 3 times and 8k each time.
  • I have never managed to complete GW since the day I started playing, until I hit level 60 I could usually get to about mission 9/10 every day but then it slipped back to 8/9 and since the update for the last couple of days I have faced level 68 teams on mission 6 which have wiped out my entire roster. That is not balanced or fair. I enjoy a challenge but not something which is literally impossible...
  • It's actually even worse then that. 24 energy for ~8k credits. :/
  • What a bunch of greedy jerks. I hope everyone stops using the event mining. If it takes forever to develop a player I'm done. Thanks EA for turning a fun game into crap
  • I like the update, but I hate this part of it! I farmed shards for Jedis all week and now I can't afford to lvl them up. I am not f2p. I spend money. But I donz want to be forced into buying credit packs just to keep playing. The old way was fine. If I get to the point where I have to buy credit packs to lvl up my toons, I'll find another game.
  • Jayngo
    87 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yep. I've played this game every day since I downloaded it back in December. Have not spent a single penny on it and have given HIGH praise to EA for their efforts to keep this game away from the "Pay to Play" model.

Removing the Key Card events in order to slap us in the face with 8k is a joke. At level 68 trying to keep my core 5 up to level is going to be near impossible now.

Just when I thought EA turned a corner, their true nature reveals itself again.

It's a shame. This was the most dedication I've ever put into a mobile game.
  • KTroy24
    241 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Jayngo wrote: »
    Yep. I've played this game every day since I downloaded it back in December. Have not spent a single penny on it and have given HIGH praise to EA for their efforts to keep this game away from the "Pay to Play" model.

Removing the Key Card events in order to slap us in the face with 8k is a joke. At level 68 trying to keep my core 5 up to level is going to be near impossible now.

Just when I thought EA turned a corner, their true nature reveals itself again.

It's a shame. This was the most dedication I've ever put into a mobile game.

You gotta remember my friend, the are all for the $$$. They don't really care how we feel unless EVERYONE complains (Bariss nerf, Poe Nerf ect) because it threatens their income as majority will just quit/claim refunds and they don't want that. But in saying that they will still try to cut corners here and there (GW shipment refreshes) in hopes that no one will complain which is more potential $$$. They are very lucky to have the Star Wars brand for them to work off, if this were a new original game it would have died months ago with all the $169.99 rip offs they were trying to sell with the movie.
    1.5/5.0 rating for me now, how disappointing :neutral:
  • I think they're trying to get people to buy the credits from the data card store. Which are also terrible value. Trying to level up an advanced toon now requires getting very good with GW. Which they've also buggered up.
  • Didn't they remove the mining droids because people were actually selling them and using them for their purpose of getting credits? I thought they said it like it was a bad thing.
  • KTroy24 wrote: »
    They "want" you to spend more but they'll say some c-rap like its for the "balance" of the game just like changing the GW shipment refreshes. The older rewards were better and could only be accessed once a day but seems like CGames just wants more potential $$$. I'm sick of playing nice, these guys are just money hungry. I have way more respect to supercell and their clash of clans product. Much better company that isn't all about the $$$.

+1
  • Cantina is your new credit hunt. It's 5k per sim and you get 10 per full refresh. That's 50k guaranteed vs 42k (with the chance to get more) over time I guess the event is a slightly better deal but doesn't come with ability mats or shards.
  • Cpt_Dan wrote: »
    Cantina is your new credit hunt. It's 5k per sim and you get 10 per full refresh. That's 50k guaranteed vs 42k (with the chance to get more) over time I guess the event is a slightly better deal but doesn't come with ability mats or shards.

valid point

seriously tho, I was expecting them to make it worthwhile!

The way they did it is basically laffing at us
    (well... a lot of things they do.... )
  • Well, they won't be getting any money from me with this, that's for sure. No way I will waste 25 energy to get 8k, it's a disrespectful joke. And two 3* droids at level 69? What am I supposed to do with them? They said the events are opened at lvl 50,but they offer lvl 20 rewards! 3* droids won't even make a dent in high-level toon training! At least not when there are two of them.

Nah, I am going strictly f2p from now on. Rip-off in shard shop, indecent offers in events, insane pack prices... What next, win half of a Yoda shard in special event? The way they are going a whole one shard is too generous an offer...
  • DJC_Chris wrote: »
    I have never managed to complete GW since the day I started playing, until I hit level 60 I could usually get to about mission 9/10 every day but then it slipped back to 8/9 and since the update for the last couple of days I have faced level 68 teams on mission 6 which have wiped out my entire roster. That is not balanced or fair. I enjoy a challenge but not something which is literally impossible...

Whats your team?
    My Ally Code: 663-767-459

Only accepting requests above level 65

Daily player | Maximizing ally points | <200 Arena | Day 1 player
  • The credit economy is so freaking broken.
    --Nud Stark--
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind it that much, if the main credit source weren't as well the "end game content" that "you are not supposed ti finish daily"
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    KTroy24 wrote: »

hahaha best joke I heared all day :)
    Thanks for the laugh.
    Because you know, that 10k difference really slows your progress down by years!
    Supercell is asking customers 30 bucks to instant complete a building that takes 2 weeks to complete and you are Q'ing about what actually? Some mining droid event nobody uses since it's better to spend energy on nodes or gear. Your gamelogic is flawed sir.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • The mining and the training drones are useless now..
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    I had a friend today ask me if it was worth doing.. my answer was "if you got characters to still farm/star/gear up then no, if you don't then maybe!"

The fact of the matter the energy cost for the event is too high relative to some of the battle nodes... as such if you want credits its just simply better to farm battle nodes for shards, credits, droids AND gear!

Unless they double the credit rewards... the battle nodes in the light, dark and cantina battles are still a far better option in terms of what you get for your energy!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Jaasiel
    6 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Why I'm mad is their reasoning, on the 25 of January they said it was to "streamline" the game -_- it's in the newsletter. Disappointing, they didn't want people getting a good amount of credits by selling things off.

Edit: auto correct your awesome
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • You get More credits by doing lv 6-7 hard missions. Plus you get droids, gear and shards. I really don't see the point of the new mining. 25k should be base, not max if they expect anyone to do them.
  • KTroy24
    241 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    CronozNL wrote: »
    KTroy24 wrote: »

Thanks for the laugh.
    Supercell is asking customers 30 bucks to instant complete a building that takes 2 weeks to complete and you are Q'ing about what actually? Some mining droid event nobody uses since it's better to spend energy on nodes or gear. Your gamelogic is flawed sir.

@CronozNL have a rest mate. It's not 10k difference it's a 50% cut on rewards. I'm talking about how this was helping everyone, if you were ignorant not to see it that's your bad you missed out. Back then 50 energ could get you 110k gold, meaning a refill (50gems) would get you 220k gold which is far better then paying 595 gems for 500k gold. Supercell is allot more fairer in general, seems like you've had a bad experience with them but hey :neutral:. Your right about one thing, mining droid has no value whatsoever lol but the old gold event where 50 energy gets you 110k gold? Much better, allot better then now which gives you an average of 8k - 25k for 25 energy. I think your game logic is flawed sir :wink:
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    CronozNL wrote: »
    Thanks for the laugh.
    What on earth are you on about? The changes make this drastically worse than it was before, to the point where it makes no sense to even do it unless somehow you have nothing better to spend free energy on. I did the math here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/11789/profit-mining-training-droid-hunt-probably-even-worse-than-you-think#latest
    This was the promised replacement for an older system that already very few used. And it's far worse. At the same time as everyone is low on credits because of a recent level cap increase and the need to level up multiple Jedi.
    There is very valid basis for complaint here.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • IgorDUDE
    49 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    i just hit lvl50 today and i thought i will get some credidts and droits from events.
    And when i saw the rewards i was just are they for real, its not worth to do those missions which i didnt
    I play for about 2weeks now or less, i did 5/7 GW so far, i also got 10-15lvl higher teams but i wont complain. I usually donate $ to the game if its fun to play. I must say this game is addictive and fun so far and i wanted to buy something from store but when i see how they update their game and lies to us i dont think i will.
    i understand that P2P should have more chances to be top in arena but that you cant lvl up your chars as F2P that will just destroy the game.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Rethink the key card events because nobody ever uses it. Make it worse, yeah, that'll work.

How the beep does anyone reason like that?
  • Seriously? Of all the things to complain about.

They are giving you free energy now so that can translate to free credits.
  • IgorDUDE wrote: »
    i understand that P2P should have more chances to be top in arena but that you cant lvl up your chars as F2P that will just destroy the game.

The really sad thing is that P2P don't realistically have a chance to be "top in arena" unless they are whales. Oh, I realize that there are some F2P players on or near the top of their respective arenas...but just wait. The whales are coming for you. ;)

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • They made key card battles more useless. Good thing i have a surplus of droids and credits.