Who could be more Legendary characters?

Prev13
Omeah
961 posts Member
At this point we have Yoda, EP, R2 and Thrawn, requiring Jedi, Rebels, Empire and Phoenix, respectively. Who else do you think we expect (no matter how long ahead)? Post ideas with required squads and legendary characters of your own!
My few guesses:
Resistance - Snoke: He's gonna be the EP of the sequels, Resistance is hard to farm, so there's money potential, plus we will definitely see more Resistance
FO - General Organa/Jedi Rey: Well, FO is not an easy farm with FOST and FOTP, so there's money potential there (also Hux and others coming), and the only two I could think of as Legendary from the Resistance are Leia and Rey
Separatists - Geonosis Padmé: Like it or not, she's one of the most important characters in the prequels. Would be nice as a last bonus in a Separatist faction pass.
Sith - Darth Plagueis: Just an idea, not really see it happening

Replies

• Brigger
    241 posts Member
    Sith + Jedi should unlock Revan
  • Talzin, should be unlocked by seperatists.
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    There's always old Jedi Master Luke as well after 8 come out.

Then there's plenty in the Old Republic stuff now that we know CG is open to adding them in. Revan, Meetra Surik, and Valkorian spring to mind.
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    Jango :)
  • Talzin, should be unlocked by seperatists.
    +1

RotJ Luke - Sith or Ewoks (once they release a fifth Ewok).
    Snoke - Resistance.
    Grandmaster Luke - FO.
    Jango Fett - Bounty Hunters.
  • I can think of a few legendary characters that would be good.

1: Classic Chewbacca. Give him strong synergy with raid Han Solo and ST Han, and make him slow but durable and hit like a truck with his crossbow.

2: Jango Fett. Make those bounty hunters great with Jango.

3: Quinlan Voss. Jedi with darkside abilities. Very cool.

4: The obvious; Jedi Luke Skywalker. I mean, c'mon. We've been waiting on his **** since the game launched.

5: Hoth Princess Leia. She's already in game as a boss; time to make her playable.

6: Darth Vader/Annakin. You know, before he got roasted by Obi Wan. A mix of Jedi type abilities as well as Sith abilities.
  • Osh
    126 posts Member

6: Darth Vader/Annakin. You know, before he got roasted by Obi Wan. A mix of Jedi type abilities as well as Sith abilities.

Make a new tag "Bi-Sensual" :# for light and dark abilities, give him his cloak and I'm sold.

This also paves the way for Revan.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    If Thrawn is legendary, any character can be counted as one. Even a nameless ewok.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »
    Boreas wrote: »
    If Thrawn is legendary, any character can be counted as one. Even a nameless ewok.

ROFL
    I know some ppl don't know him, but don't let ignorance blind you. Thrawn is easily Legendary

+1
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member

ROFL
    I know some ppl don't know him, but don't let ignorance blind you. Thrawn is easily Legendary

It's not about knowing, it's about defining a side story character as legendary, raising him to the level of Yoda, Palpatine or R2 just to promote a kids cartoon. Stormtrooper could be legendary for ex. as he is one of the most iconic characters in the SW universe, if you show someone a stormtrooper photo anywhere in the world, most like he'll recognize and say "Star Wars". Thrawn is not anywhere near to it. He cannot be compared to other iconic characters.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member

ROFL

It's not about knowing, it's about defining a side story character as legendary, raising him to the level of Yoda, Palpatine or R2 just to promote a kids cartoon. Stormtrooper could be legendary for ex. as he is one of the most iconic characters in the SW universe, if you show someone a stormtrooper photo anywhere in the world, most like he'll recognize and say "Star Wars". Thrawn is not anywhere near to it. He cannot be compared to other iconic characters.

Except for he can and already has. The fan base for him is bigger than you think
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member

But he is not mainstream is I believe his point. If you look at majority of SW marketing you see Vader, Fett, Stormtrooper, R2, Yoda, Luke, Chewie. Obviously there are hardcore fans who go past marketing but Thrawn I would not consider on the level of any of the series bigs.

ROFL

• Tannjam
    420 posts Member
    What about a legendary ship?

Ep 4-6 Millennium Falcon would probably be the most notable.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Khayman wrote: »
    But he is not mainstream is I believe his point. If you look at majority of SW marketing you see Vader, Fett, Stormtrooper, R2, Yoda, Luke, Chewie. Obviously there are hardcore fans who go past marketing but Thrawn I would not consider on the level of any of the series bigs.

ROFL

Hold on we are just rehashing old arguments from the beginning of June cause he's in the game and not Jango
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Tannjam wrote: »
    What about a legendary ship?

Ep 4-6 Millennium Falcon would probably be the most notable.

This would be AWESOME and hopefully would come with Rebel Chewie
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Kinda, I dont care for Jango either haha. Thrawn is a better character than Jango to me.
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Khayman wrote: »

ROFL

Hold on we are just rehashing old arguments from the beginning of June cause he's in the game and not Jango

• N1c0
    248 posts Member
    Legendary event of clone helmets - clone troopers
  • Boreas wrote: »

Exactly. Porkins is far more legendary than Thrawn ever will be.

• Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited June 2017

ROFL

Ah yeah the good old argument "He is from comics" "He is from a kids show". Grow the kitten up please.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    and about that thrawn things, i agree with @Boreas , thrawn shouldnt be legendary since he's so unknown to the wider audience. wasn't in a movie once, wasn't mentioned once there either.

Yes well it doesn't matter cause he is so....... make like the stormtroopers and Move Along
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member

ROFL

Ah yeah the good old argument "He is from comics" "He is from a kids show". Grow the h*** up please.

The "kids show" argument makes me laugh and also makes me wonder if people even bothered to give the show a chance. Sure there's plenty of stuff for a younger audience, but there's also plenty of stronger themes and circumstances than the shows I grew up with, like the ninja turtles who only used their weapons to cut/hold pizza and mostly just threw trash cans and stuff when they were fighting.

Granted times have changed, but you'll have to refresh me on the episode where Casey Jones brutally murdered Bebop and Rocksteady like Maul did to the inquisitors. Or that time when Shredder decapitated two of his foot soldiers for failing him like Tarkin and the Grand Inquisitor did in season 1.

The show has plenty of "adult stuff" if you're the kind of person that just can't bring yourself to watch "kids shows" but even so, why should the rest of us be beholden to your opinion. Thrawn was an amazing, brilliant, cunning, character that had a large following from his original trilogy. And guess what, he's still all those things now that he's in the show.
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Bendu
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Well as they consider Thrawn legendary and on the same pedestal as Yoda Paply and R2 they could make any random a Legendary toon... Shmi Skywalker, JarJar even Sebulba...
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Revi wrote: »
    Well as they consider Thrawn legendary and on the same pedestal as Yoda Paply and R2 they could make any random a Legendary toon... Shmi Skywalker, JarJar even Sebulba...

@Boreas beat you to it
  • Revi wrote: »

Let's see. Google -> Open wiki -> scroll a bit down.

In 2016, Anthony Breznican of Entertainment Weekly called Thrawn a "fan favorite" and "one of the most significant characters to ever emerge from the Expanded Universe",[3] and Brian Truitt of USA Today named the character "one of Star Wars fandom's favorite villains".[4] Comicbook.com called Thrawn "arguably the most popular character in the Star Wars Legends universe" in 2017,[53] and Linda Hansen-Raj wrote that the character "carries a lasting legacy as one of Star Wars' greatest and most complex antagonists."[7] In 2014, GamesRadar's Sam Ashurst called Thrawn "hugely popular amongst fans, partly because of his tactical genius, partly because of his progressive attitude to his employees but mainly due to the fact he's got a blue face" and "easily the coolest villain in the Expanded Universe", noting Thrawn's loss as one of the major consequences of Lucasfilm's abandonment of the old expanded universe for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.[57] Emily Asher-Perrin of Tor.com noted in 2016 that as "one of the most popular Expanded Universe villains" and "one of the most threatening antagonists that the Star Wars universe had on hand"

The character has been on many "top" lists of Star Wars characters, praising his villainy and character. In a list of fifteen Star Wars villains, Schedeen placed Thrawn as second best, beaten by Darth Vader, focusing on his greatness as a commander and tactician.

Definitely not someone popular.

Just because you're ignorant towards anything else besides the movies, it doesn't mean that the rest of the SW fanbase is too.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Stormtrooper couldn't be legenday he's iconic but he's also good at dying Legendary toons should actually be Legendary. And i don't see snoke being a playable toon ever but we will see more with the movie. 3P0 on the other hand he is thee Legendary Character the culmination of everything this game has been working towards!
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    They already have KoToR in game. I'd think Revan would be a "Legendary". Or possibly Darth Traya. I'm still wondering if there are plans to expand on this timeframe. Will we be seeing KoToR era movies?
  • fascizio
    572 posts Member
    evanbio wrote: »
    They already have KoToR in game. I'd think Revan would be a "Legendary". Or possibly Darth Traya. I'm still wondering if there are plans to expand on this timeframe. Will we be seeing KoToR era movies?

Traya, Revan, Surik, and Valkorian would all be worthy options from ToR stuff. I'd be stoked to see any of them in game.

I'd also be stoked to see ToR movies, but I'm less optimistic that that will happen. There's still a lot of more mainstream stuff they can draw on for anthology movies like the rumored Boba Fett or Yoda movies and so on. And mainstream is safer, and safe is the Hollywood M.O. nowadays unfortunately... Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised.