Power Rating changes update megathread

Replies

• Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Maybe now my node 12 won't require hoping Nihilus can Annihilate an immortal Sith Trooper/GK/Savage.
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    Well i'd be damned :

I came to node 6 - no g11 toons, no zetas !

Note : i don't have any zeta'd toons myself. Proceeding to node 9, reportin in a few mins.
  • Who comes up with this stuff? Seriously why are you guys wasting time on stuff like this, nobody has ever said it would be nice if the power rankings were better lol. I try to picture meetings inside CG and all I can imagine is an episode of Silicon Valley where Gavin Belson is in charge of Hooli.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Who comes up with this stuff? Seriously why are you guys wasting time on stuff like this, nobody has ever said it would be nice if the power rankings were better lol. I try to picture meetings inside CG and all I can imagine is an episode of Silicon Valley where Gavin Belson is in charge of Hooli.

LMAO!

+1
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    Who comes up with this stuff? Seriously why are you guys wasting time on stuff like this, nobody has ever said it would be nice if the power rankings were better lol. I try to picture meetings inside CG and all I can imagine is an episode of Silicon Valley where Gavin Belson is in charge of Hooli.

That's not true at all. It's not a big complaint, but it has been a complaint for a long time. It also ties in to GW calculations, which we have a several thousand reply thread on somewhere. More accurate power ratings will lead to more accurate GW matchups.
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    They are probably doing internal changes for the next update...
  • JaChuda
    13 posts Member
    Hope this will fix the often completely broken GW. :/
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Who comes up with this stuff? Seriously why are you guys wasting time on stuff like this, nobody has ever said it would be nice if the power rankings were better lol. I try to picture meetings inside CG and all I can imagine is an episode of Silicon Valley where Gavin Belson is in charge of Hooli.

Not true. There were threads about Galactic War not too long ago and one of the complaints was that zetas had no effect on power but a big effect on the difficulty of beating a team

That or Big Head is making all the decisions.
  • StarSon wrote: »

That's not true at all. It's not a big complaint, but it has been a complaint for a long time. It also ties in to GW calculations, which we have a several thousand reply thread on somewhere. More accurate power ratings will lead to more accurate GW matchups.

Somewhere in those threads they stated GW was supposed to be difficult.
  • Dear Devs, please don't waste your time on pointless stuff like this when we haven't had a decent content update since the initial release of ships over 6 months ago.

Thanks,
    The SW:GOH community
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

Yes, it is, that has always been their stance. Difficult, but not impossible. It will be much easier to come up with appropriately difficult matches if power has an actual meaning.
  • Fyi the update is causing the weapons fire in ships to look like pink blocks. I highly doubt this was intended.
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    kejmo wrote: »
    Well i'd be damned :

I came to node 6 - no g11 toons, NO zetas !

Note : i don't have any zeta'd toons myself. Proceeding to node 9, reportin in a few mins.

Node 9 - g11 toons, but still NO zetas ! That's a huge upgrade to until now mega broken gw ! Usually some 4x zeta'd team would wait me here. Moving on to node 11 !
  • StarSon wrote: »

Yes, it is, that has always been their stance. Difficult, but not impossible. It will be much easier to come up with appropriately difficult matches if power has an actual meaning.

I hope it's harder to complete. I am level 77 and finish every GW node.

That or Big Head is making all the decisions.

Yeah, it just felt like it was way too far from the house, like, crazy far. So I had this company come and just move it closer.

Yeah, turns out the guy who built this place knew exactly what he was doing, and the pool was right where it needed to be the whole time. But now I know that for sure, which feels good.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member

Can't say I disagree there, so long as it isn't just Chaze on every node. GW takes me 10-15 minutes every day. I hope the power changes do have larger implications, like matchmaking for some new game mode. But only August will tell.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Dear Devs, please don't waste your time on pointless stuff like this when we haven't had a decent content update since the initial release of ships over 6 months ago.

Thanks,

Actually, I'd argue that the difficulty of GW has been a pretty big issue for quite a few players.

Our guild had a player recently quit because Arena was getting difficult AND he was running into the problem of not being able to complete his GW.

One day he just up and left the guild.

And I've read quite a few posts from people on here and Reddit who have rage quit this game because GW was just too difficult.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Dudes, my dudes. This is a Developer Update. Not a Game Update. But I understand the confusion! So in the meantime-
    2uf1okj6f5o3.png
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member

Just wait lol
  • KyloRey wrote: »
    Dear Devs, please don't waste your time on pointless stuff like this when we haven't had a decent content update since the initial release of ships over 6 months ago.

Thanks,

Actually, I'd argue that the difficulty of GW has been a pretty big issue for quite a few players.

Our guild had a player recently quit because Arena was getting difficult AND he was running into the problem of not being able to complete his GW.

And I've read quite a few posts from people on here and Reddit who have rage quit this game because GW was just too difficult.

It isn't that hard. I'm level 77 and finish it every day, all 12 nodes.

Thanks,

It isn't that hard. I'm level 77 and finish it every day, all 12 nodes.

You are also not in the highest bracket of difficulty, which starts at 80.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    Well i'd be damned :

I came to node 6 - no g11 toons, NO zetas !

Node 9 - g11 toons, but still NO zetas ! That's a huge upgrade to until now mega broken gw ! Usually some 4x zeta'd team would wait me here. Moving on to node 11 !

Node 11 - 2x zeta in enemy team. Still better than until now 4-6 zeta'd node 11 teams. I will tell if i survive this what's node 12 like.
  • This is not even an update
  • YoloNOT19 wrote: »
    This is not even an update

Correct. This has been covered already.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com

I didn't realise anyone was still having difficulty with gw, I wonder if mine will be more challenging now. It's probably been close to 6mo since I failed to complete one.
  • Dear Devs, please don't waste your time on pointless stuff like this when we haven't had a decent content update since the initial release of ships over 6 months ago.

Thanks,

Valid point
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    You never considered this may also be an internal changes for coming updates?

The content will come, we just have to wait!
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    This is fantastic! I've long wanted this update to better understand what I'm facing in Arena and GW. The one interesting thing I find is saying "the Power stat is not used to drive any battle functionality whatsoever." I guess that means the Power rating doesn't mean anything for GW opponents?