Power Rating changes update megathread

Replies

• JG44D2
    79 posts Member
    KyloRey wrote: »
    Dear Devs, please don't waste your time on pointless stuff like this when we haven't had a decent content update since the initial release of ships over 6 months ago.

Thanks,
    The SW:GOH community

Actually, I'd argue that the difficulty of GW has been a pretty big issue for quite a few players.

Our guild had a player recently quit because Arena was getting difficult AND he was running into the problem of not being able to complete his GW.

One day he just up and left the guild.

And I've read quite a few posts from people on here and Reddit who have rage quit this game because GW was just too difficult.

It isn't that hard. I'm level 77 and finish it every day, all 12 nodes.

You are also not in the highest bracket of difficulty, which starts at 80.

I am in the highest bracket of difficulty at level 85. GW is on auto. I wish i could just hit sim instead of wasting my time like the rest of the daily activities. I have an easy node 9, 11 and 12. I wish they would add an "extremely difficult" bonus tier like the flash events and other special events. That way I could auto it too.
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    kejmo wrote: »
    Well i'd be damned :

I came to node 6 - no g11 toons, NO zetas !

Note : i don't have any zeta'd toons myself. Proceeding to node 9, reportin in a few mins.

Node 9 - g11 toons, but still NO zetas ! That's a huge upgrade to until now mega broken gw ! Usually some 4x zeta'd team would wait me here. Moving on to node 11 !

Node 11 - 2x zeta in enemy team. Still better than until now 4-6 zeta'd node 11 teams. I will tell if i survive this what's node 12 like.

And last node 12, the old usual. Fully maxed out toons, double Z2, Zihilus, Zoba, GK and Rex lead. Legit. Keep in mind that i still don't have any zeta's.

At least we know that the power "update" brought absolutely nothing new to GW.

Good job ! :smiley:
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Well i'd be damned :

I came to node 6 - no g11 toons, NO zetas !

Note : i don't have any zeta'd toons myself. Proceeding to node 9, reportin in a few mins.

Node 9 - g11 toons, but still NO zetas ! That's a huge upgrade to until now mega broken gw ! Usually some 4x zeta'd team would wait me here. Moving on to node 11 !

Node 11 - 2x zeta in enemy team. Still better than until now 4-6 zeta'd node 11 teams. I will tell if i survive this what's node 12 like.

And last node 12, the old usual. Fully maxed out toons, double Z2, Zihilus, Zoba, GK and Rex lead. Legit. Keep in mind that i still don't have any zeta's.

At least we know that the power "update" brought absolutely nothing new to GW.

Good job ! :smiley:

you the real MVP of this thread. Self-quoting, wich is awesome, and actually providing some info :)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Sirdigbychknczr
    200 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    It's still going to be 110-120% of your top5 power.. so yea, Node 12 I would still expect to see Zeta teams.
    Sirdigbychknczr: Raidmaster of Exiles of Dathomir (998-312-712)
    Always Recruiting new blood! Hpit/NAAT
    mutesaber.com
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    100 bucks they will break GW in the process!
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    you the real MVP of this thread. Self-quoting, wich is awesome, and actually providing some info :)

Hehe :smiley: You have the whole history of my todays GW with this upcoming power change. Some of us actually hopefully thought that it will bring fix to GW. How foolish of us in fact, lol.

So yeah. Tomorrow is another day :smiley:
  • Seriously Zeta Barriss ranks now for me as my 3rd most power character. What a joke. She is weak. Her attack is garbage. These new ratings suck.
  • JG44D2
    79 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

Hehe :smiley: You have the whole history of my todays GW with this upcoming power change. Some of us actually hopefully thought that it will bring fix to GW. How foolish of us in fact, lol.

So yeah. Tomorrow is another day :smiley:

See the quotes about Silicon Valley. We should all know better.
  • Go to bed boy
  • JG44D2
    79 posts Member
    Seriously Zeta Barriss ranks now for me as my 3rd most power character. What a joke. She is weak. Her attack is garbage. These new ratings suck.

It is just a guide or at least that is what the communication said. Power ratings have always been a joke. I can't believe they wasted time on "correcting" them. They don't matter in the game except GW.
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    JG44D2 wrote: »
    See the quotes about Silicon Valley. We should all know better.

Couldn't agree more.

• According the dev notes power ranking does not effect GW.
  • JG44D2
    79 posts Member
    That is how the calculate each node. That is also how you break the nodes 9, 11 and 12 and get an easy node. I think it is even posted somewhere in a GW thread update. If not, you can predict your nodes based on your squad. So it has to be based on your overall power.
  • I like all the pretty pink glitches
  • Kojih
    40 posts Member
    Wooooow Nice! The update is..... NOtHING!
  • Wheres that caption generator thread with a CG emplyoee interview when you need it?
  • So do you think they sat down and actively planned the worst way they could to release this?

Whatever happened to old fashioned advance communication and expectation management?
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    haha fleet battle is actually a pink eye-cancer fiesta lol :smiley:
  • Khayman
    850 posts Member
    Haha +1

Who comes up with this stuff? Seriously why are you guys wasting time on stuff like this, nobody has ever said it would be nice if the power rankings were better lol. I try to picture meetings inside CG and all I can imagine is an episode of Silicon Valley where Gavin Belson is in charge of Hooli.

• So is this all the update was, just a tweaking of the power rankings?
  • Vuk
    32 posts Member
    Does enyone have a problem in Arena now ? I just lost my gear 11 zBarriss in 2 shots !!! ZMaul is having a luaugh with 20.000 shots all the time, Assassin almoust halves my 80.000 health RG with zBarriss in team........I mean, **** is going on ? I have 85.000 team power now and Rebel teams are at 75.000 at best in my shard ( no zeta or just R2D2 for example )....Any toughts ?
  • Vuk wrote: »
    Does enyone have a problem in Arena now ? I just lost my gear 11 zBarriss in 2 shots !!! ZMaul is having a luaugh with 20.000 shots all the time, Assassin almoust halves my 80.000 health RG with zBarriss in team........I mean, **** is going on ? I have 85.000 team power now and Rebel teams are at 75.000 at best in my shard ( no zeta or just R2D2 for example )....Any toughts ?

I just one shot a Kenobi with Maul's AOE and was one bar away from one shotting a Vader with SA.
  • My arena has been weird too. Lost to a team I've never lost to and a DN lead team went down in less than 2 min. All the other battles were much different than usual too.
  • Calm down!!! This was clearly marked as a "developer" update. Yet the update we are waiting for is a "game" update so that should still be in the works for this week. Either that or they straight up failed us all.
  • Grandmarichie
    117 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    This is clearly one part of a big update, people need to stop losing their minds. My top guys are all my zeta guys now but there is no change in utility or how the squad plays. The bigger difference is in ships; I was like 8k above next closest power opponent and now it is like 50k.
  • Ugh. All the GW heroes have arrived.

I FINISH IT EVERY DAY ON LEIK AUTO LOL
  • So this is the so called personal favourite update? Are you kidding me?
  • I agree... what if this was a required internal change for future updates...

I like the idea of this change. At least it will show the difference between 2 R2-D2 with same mods for example, but one with 2 zetas and omegas vs one with none.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    So is this all the update was, just a tweaking of the power rankings?

No - fleet arena graphic artifacts now cause headaches and seizures!! It's not a bug - it's a feature! :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*