Power Rating changes update megathread

Replies

• CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Clarification: @CG_RyDiggs here:

Regarding Galactic War match making:
    • We're not yet currently using the new Power values for Galactic War matchmaking.
    • We've only changed the number displayed to players. We're still using the old system with the old values.
    • We'll let you know if/when we switch to using the new numbers for matchmaking.

"Insert cool kozispoon meme here"

"GALACTIC WAR IS TOO HARD NOW" :D:D:D:D:D:D

The necessity of crying is impressive... Lol
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

• We're not yet currently using the new Power values for Galactic War matchmaking.
    • We've only changed the number displayed to players. We're still using the old system with the old values.
    • We'll let you know if/when we switch to using the new numbers for matchmaking.

qphxa96lbjsi.gif

;)
  • Uklem
    46 posts Member
    Thx @CG_RyDiggs.

Everything is better with communication.

About the update, do you have information about the "pink" bug, the change with buff/debuff or the daily quest timer not working?

As a dev myself I understand bug with a new version, but knowing what is a bug and what is a feature would be easier with a patch note. ;)
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Here's an example of a cool node 12 for today... where zetas should have a huge effect on calculation...

VV0IviQ.png

There were each 11k+ of power except for Fulcrum and fully maxed G11 with all zetas... 7 zetas in one team!!!

I just got my first zeta and I do not have Chaze or Nihilius.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Uklem wrote: »
    Thx @CG_RyDiggs.

Everything is better with communication.

About the update, do you have information about the "pink" bug, the change with buff/debuff or the daily quest timer not working?

As a dev myself I understand bug with a new version, but knowing what is a bug and what is a feature would be easier with a patch note. ;)

The team is aware, look back tomorrow for more information.

Though maybe Sabine got a bit crazy with the spray paint code :expressionless:
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon @Vampire_X

I love the recent push for some more communication, but there seems to be some other additions to this update that were not mentioned, just the few we have noticed
    • opposing buff/debuffs both appear (will this effect Boba, or has he always accounted for both?)
    • 3 "cheap refreshes" reduced back to 2
    • others.... (maybe)

would it be possible to get a full list of changes that are made when updates go out?
    I understand it may be hard to get a full list right away, but maybe we can get this compiled over the week and get a full list at the end of the week.

Edit: Cheap Refreshes seem to have not been removed.

https://youtu.be/ehRd8DfIv08
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Kozispoon @Vampire_X

I love the recent push for some more communication, but there seems to be some other additions to this update that were not mentioned, just the few we have noticed
    • opposing buff/debuffs both appear (will this effect Boba, or has he always accounted for both?)
    • 3 "cheap refreshes" reduced back to 2
    • others.... (maybe)

would it be possible to get a full list of changes that are made when updates go out?
    I understand it may be hard to get a full list right away, but maybe we can get this compiled over the week and get a full list at the end of the week.

+1
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    @Kyno

Message received, kozi did say full details to follow but thanks for the listed to be looked at.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Kyno

Message received, kozi did say full details to follow but thanks for the listed to be looked at.

@Vampire_X
    Thanks, I must have missed that, because thats not stated in the main post. :smile:

Love the new effort toward communication, keep up the great work.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    LtGenStu wrote: »
    Here's an example of a cool node 12 for today... where zetas should have a huge effect on calculation...

VV0IviQ.png

There were each 11k+ of power except for Fulcrum and fully maxed G11 with all zetas... 7 zetas in one team!!!

well that sucks
  • It's an android exclusive game mode. No update for iOS

Really? So where's mine then. I'm a android user....
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    also wait is the power change already out? i never noticed a change in my toons power
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    flux_rono wrote: »
    also wait is the power change already out? i never noticed a change in my toons power

did you update? (not sure if it was pushed yet)
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator

If you manually updated android you will see new power numbers and pink ... but as cyriggs said it is all about displaying actual gear/mod etc. no gw formula changed.
  • LtGenStu wrote: »

VV0IviQ.png

Egads
  • Seems like a lot of busy work. Still doesn't reflect much. I appreciate the effort though and 4 year old loves the pink r2d2. You got rave reviews with that one.

Don't believe it. Too many people seeing the same thing in GW.
  • Any
    428 posts Member
    For Android you now can manual update for new power rating update.

My Yoda now is the most powerful toons, lol

Before update is at rank6 or 8
  • 200mb update!
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    edited June 2017

If you manually updated android you will see new power numbers and pink ... but as cyriggs said it is all about displaying actual gear/mod etc. no gw formula changed.

never saw it in my stores to update, normally when any update is ready it shows me
    edit: what does the pink mean? and where does it show up at?
  • Someone said to go to the Google Play store and there would be an update, but I am not seeing anything.

Thanks for this, RyDiggs! The part I like best about this response is the direct confirmation that GW matchmaking is based on roster power, which of course we have already determined. It's nice to have confirmation though. Now, please share exactly how roster power affects matchmaking, so we can stop the endless debates about how it works.

What is the baseline power number that affects matchmaking? Where does it come from? Please? Pretty please? With Leia on top?
    izOSTjs.gif[\img]
  • flux_rono wrote: »

never saw it in my stores to update, normally when any update is ready it shows me

You don't want the pink. Pink all over your screen. You don't want it.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member

You don't want the pink. Pink all over your screen. You don't want it.

ya i see what it is now
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    i will say the besides the pink, the game seems to be lagging a LOT, slow frame rates and long loading before an attacks every so often
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    I still don't understand this update...i just lost an arena battle to an opponent I always beat,no1 would stun,zKylos ability wouldn't stun any1 and I got destroyed,I couldn't even kill 1 toon and I always dominated this guy.
  • Guys this is horrible!
    The new numbers reflect NOTHING but stars!

Seriously, guess which character got more power:
    -Sith trooper, Gear 10, full mods, 5 stars
    -IG88, gear 8, no mods, 7 stars

Yep, my absolutely useless IG88 is supposed to be stronger than my sith trooper according to the new numbers.

But that's not all, gear 8 Sun Fac with leftover mods is shown to be stronger than my g10-and-a-half sAss, my g8 acbar with leftover mods should be stronger than my g11 full mods Nihilus! All because sAss, sTrooper and Nihilus aren't 7* yet! This is hilarious, I could make a full rebel team, all gear 8 with poor mods and their cumulative power would exceed my g10-11 sith team!

What have you done people?!
  • ImSoThatGuy
    33 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Nerevaryne wrote: »
    Guys this is horrible!
    The new numbers reflect NOTHING but stars!

Seriously, guess which character got more power:
    -Sith trooper, Gear 10, full mods, 5 stars
    -IG88, gear 8, no mods, 7 stars

Yep, my absolutely useless IG88 is supposed to be stronger than my sith trooper according to the new numbers.

But that's not all, gear 8 Sun Fac with leftover mods is shown to be stronger than my g10-and-a-half sAss, my g8 acbar with leftover mods should be stronger than my g11 full mods Nihilus! All because sAss, sTrooper and Nihilus aren't 7* yet! This is hilarious, I could make a full rebel team, all gear 8 with poor mods and their cumulative power would exceed my g10-11 sith team!

What have you done people?!

They've done exactly what the community has been asking for.. /s
  • kejmo
    213 posts Member
    Hm...i updated the game on my 1st device. Unfortunately, it worked.

Now, on the second device, i cannot update the game. Nor auto-update, nor manually, nor with reinstalling.

Blessing or ? :smiley:
  • Dont manually update.Better wait.Just did it and my game is crashing the whole time.