Power Rating changes update megathread

12345679Next

Replies

• Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Not available in my google play store on my phone. Just says open, instead of update. Not a big deal to me though since it is just the power levels.
  • Anyone also finding that since the "update", ship arena has been just totally messed up? Bunch of my guildmates have been seeing the same thing. Are the "new" stats factoring into ship combat?
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Jesse1 wrote: »
    Anyone also finding that since the "update", ship arena has been just totally messed up? Bunch of my guildmates have been seeing the same thing. Are the "new" stats factoring into ship combat?

Not sure if you are referring to that Reinforcement bug that recently cropped up, but they have announced a fix for that.
  • There isn't an update in google play store, still waiting.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    This power change is not wai. I habe THREE toons in my top 10 that have ZERO mods on and two that have 5 out of 6 gear slots equipped with mods. Only three of my arena team is up there and they have by far my best mods. Most the rest in top 15 have garbage mods on.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    @Vampire_X @CG_Kozispoon @CG_TopHat

Can we get some clarification as to why base stats which do affect combat effectiveness are no longer a part of the calculation?

It would seem that these values would be more helpful in an at a glance setting to figure out the strength of a toon. Stats like the base speed (speed pre mods) is different and is an effective measure of a toon. I know it would be hard to have post mod calculations involved in power rating, but those numbers are what defines a toon to players, this should be considered since now power ratings can be exactly the same for a toons with a similar gear, ability count, and lvl. <-- those values don't really represent what we look for when you check out an opponent. including gear in this calculation is odd too since we have an "at a glance" reference for a toon (and lvl too....and star too...).

It seems like the original calculation could have the weighting changed to better represent the things we can't see at a glance, and then add in the scaled power that was added to each toon in the new system.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    The new power rating is useless, they could just made it random, like everything else in this "strategy" game. ;)

It would have been a lot better to "tune" the old system ... like adding the abilities multiplier to its physical damage, so that a tank with high physical damage, but low multiplier on his basic wouldnt get a too high boost out of the damage stat. (just as an example) ;)
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Just fix about mod rating, why any mod with same dot level give same power, lol

6 different mod type same power as same type mod(Ex.6 heath mod vs 6 different mod)
  • In a total the new power rating are an improvement over the old one for me, which where much to tank focused. While they are not perfect used toons with zetas have a more appropriate rating than before. Good Job!
  • miaage
    31 posts Member
    At this point the update is crap. Until the devs address mods, specifically mods boosting speed the power levels are and will always be crap. How does a 70,000 power level team beat an 80,000 power level squad? Answer: Speed from mods. No other reason. It's not skill or strategy, get lucky with mods that have high speed. It doesn't matter what other stats are in there as long as it has high speed stats. I had a good sith team that used to finish GW most of the time but since the rework I hardly win any. Very discouraging.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    miaage wrote: »
    At this point the update is ****. Until the devs address mods, specifically mods boosting speed the power levels are and will always be ****. How does a 70,000 power level team beat an 80,000 power level squad? Answer: Speed from mods. No other reason. It's not skill or strategy, get lucky with mods that have high speed. It doesn't matter what other stats are in there as long as it has high speed stats. I had a good sith team that used to finish GW most of the time but since the rework I hardly win any. Very discouraging.

GW hasn't been affected by this update yet. Any difficulties you've had has to do with your progress
  • miaage
    31 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Wow censored... Lame as it's not even close to bad.
  • Ender22 wrote: »
    At this point the update is ****. Until the devs address mods, specifically mods boosting speed the power levels are and will always be ****. How does a 70,000 power level team beat an 80,000 power level squad? Answer: Speed from mods. No other reason. It's not skill or strategy, get lucky with mods that have high speed. It doesn't matter what other stats are in there as long as it has high speed stats. I had a good sith team that used to finish GW most of the time but since the rework I hardly win any. Very discouraging.

GW hasn't been affected by this update yet. Any difficulties you've had has to do with your progress

How does it have anything to do with someone's progressive defeated gw many times, since the update I'm getting squads on node 6 that are just slaughtering my best squads. Even when I was a low level player with not so good toons i could easily get to node 12 but couldn't beat it
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Ender22 wrote: »

How does it have anything to do with someone's progressive defeated gw many times, since the update I'm getting squads on node 6 that are just slaughtering my best squads. Even when I was a low level player with not so good toons i could easily get to node 12 but couldn't beat it

I mean toon progress. Is your top 5 ridiculously more powerful than the average of the rest that you've activated? GW has been 99% proven to be based on your top 5 toons.
    Post edited by Ender22 on
  • miaage
    31 posts Member
    No it was directly related. Power level changed and so the order of my top 5 changed. exactly at the same time I started getting super whales on GW, so not buying it.