Battles Gone PINK

Prev134
Kozispoon
3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited August 2017
Hiya!
In an effort to push some graphics updates to improve performance, it appears some in game assets went wandering, leaving Ships and some Characters battling with glorious pinks blasts, or churning magenta exhaust.

Fret not! Our team is investigating the issue, and will soon push an update to rectify this. In the meantime, we'll be populating this thread with the posts that're trending. Cheers!

UPDATE01- Uninstall and reinstalling seems to rectify the problem. Apologies for the hiccup!

UPDATE 02- uninstalling/reinstalling may resolve this issue for some Players, but for those left in the lurch, our team is looking to rebuild these missing assets, but for now, the pink madness shouldn't affect gameplay apart from just beautifully rosy visuals

UPDATE 03-Whew, rebuilding takes time! Our team has worked well into the night to have this fix ready for a live push, but will hold off until tomorrow to ensure all's in order. We appreciate your patience and ask that you bear with us as we get this galactic rogue rectified.
kejmo wrote: »
When one of my ships was destroyed and my capital ship turn came around, I could not reinforce. The button was grayed out and the text bubble said I don't have an open space or did not set reinforcements. Neither is the case.

Our team is currently investigating this reinforcement issue now. Thank you for your reports, folks!

UPDATE 04
We should have an in game inbox message coming your way soon, but in the meantime-

The Pinkness
  • We will be releasing an update sometime next week to resolve the missing asset issue (which has resulted in the wacky magenta madness you may of noticed in game battles).
  • Players can uninstall and reinstall their game in the interim to fix the issue manually. If you decide to update your game manually, please copy down your ally code before uninstalling in case something prevents you from recovering your account.
  • Next weeks release should also fix the reinforcements bug in Ships. Thank you for your understanding as we work through the mucky muck!
Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Soulman
    34 posts Member
    Options
    Ship damage and attacks are glitching as pink boxes.
  • Eliyahu
    40 posts Member
    Options
    So I'm getting pink boxes in various places.
    When IG88 and HK47 are damaged, the sparks are replaced by crazy pink boxes.
    Some blasters (Sabine and Hera) are pink rectangles flying through the air.
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The graphics are all screwed up. It is unplayable right now
  • gregg12
    31 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    After downloading today's update I fought a battle in ship arena. The attack animations are messed up (looks like purple 8 bit lasers), but it appears to be a display problem only. The attacks seemed to work as normal.

When one of my ships was destroyed and my capital ship turn came around, I could not reinforce. The button was grayed out and the text bubble said I don't have an open space or did not set reinforcements. Neither is the case.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Not for me
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    What update? I haven't received an update.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • JG44D2
    79 posts Member
    Options
    The update hasn't hit iOS yet. Just android it appears.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Unplayable? I saw one video, wasn't that bad. Can you share a screenshot? They know about it already and are working on a fix.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • TheChampionBum
    340 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    JG44D2 wrote: »
    The update hasn't hit iOS yet. Just android it appears.

I'm on android.

Edit: Just checked the play store. The update was in there. Usually I don't see an update until its force feed down our throats lol.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Options
    It's just big pink squares everywhere, on every attack, as exhaust from the backs, whats...uh.... the deal? This can't be intended... Boba's aoe went off and the whole screen was just a pink square for a second...
  • BzmR94
    231 posts Member
    Options
    are you on android or ios? my ships work well just had a fleet battle 10secs ago
  • Sirjam
    45 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Its playable. Op is being very dramatic. Certain graphical effects are bugged like weapons firing but it's not unplayable.
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, now I see the problem. Every time a ship attack a pink square appears
  • baked_qft
    275 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    android

it's like the graphics are missing. Only on certain ships I guess
  • Hskull55
    2263 posts Member
    Options
    Only Android, it's for the power update
  • Seltgar
    217 posts Member
    Options
    My ships are huge bright pink blocks. I will post pics on next battle
  • baked_qft
    275 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    thank you kindly, I should've looked for it before posting
    Hiya!
    In an effort to push some graphics updates to improve performance, it appears some in game assets went wandering, leaving Ships and some Characters battling with glorious pinks blasts, or churning magenta exhaust.

Fret not! Our team is investigating the issue, and will soon push an update to rectify this. In the meantime, we'll be populating this thread with the posts that're trending. Cheers!

UPDATE01- Uninstall and reinstalling seems to rectify the problem. Apologies for the hiccup!

UPDATE 02- uninstalling/reinstalling may resolve this issue for some Players, but for those left in the lurch, our team is looking to rebuild these missing assets, but for now, the pink madness shouldn't affect gameplay apart from just beautifully rosy visuals

• Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    *Waits for screen shots like-*
    waiting.gif
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Can u post a screenshot?
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Sirjam wrote: »
    Its playable. Op is being very dramatic. Certain graphical effects are bugged like weapons firing but it's not unplayable.

Maybe OP is having diff issues than u. Let's wait for Screenshot before we judge
  • Options
    Uninstall/reinstall... And than, you just have to wait 10 minutes with annoying "welcome new player training tasks", with no chance to login with your game profile.. sorry 4 my bad english :)
  • Options
    Ever since the new power rating update I get pink boxes in my ship battles.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Screenshot?
  • Options
    It's not just fleet battles it's arena as well
    I would post a screenshotbut I find the fact that I have to convert a picture in imgur far too annoying
  • Options
    They look cool. But I don't think this was intended.
  • Options
    As a follow up to my earlier post, the inability to reinforce did not repeat in my second battle.
  • Options
    1ejMLmh.jpg
  • Options
    Pew pew
  • Options
    I have the battle pink glitch as well but my fleet also lost about 20k of power.... Plz help as i have already lost 30 places in ranking already due to this.