New on the game

A friend of mine started to play today. I've recommended to her investing on STH on arena and AA, than with both unlocked, keep buying STH until 7*. I've recommended Boba in cantina and later QGJ. But, I don't know how to explain with accuracy the best tips, so what should a begginer do in your opinion?
Tks :)

Replies

• one of the best things for a beginner, especially someone that's getting help from an upper level player....get good allies
  • A friend of mine started to play today. I've recommended to her investing on STH on arena and AA, than with both unlocked, keep buying STH until 7*. I've recommended Boba in cantina and later QGJ. But, I don't know how to explain with accuracy the best tips, so what should a begginer do in your opinion?

Tell her to quit before she gets addicted like the rest of us....

No, but seriously, tell her to try start farming rebels/ sith as they help throughout all parts of the game, and to try to find a guild that she can get rancor rewards from early on... :)
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1148 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I would recommend resistance and sith.
  • If she wanna stay f2p there is quite a lot of sites giving tips, make sure to get a updated one. If she want to spent, no matter the amount, do it as early as possible to gain the best return value
  • I'd recommend she farm Phoenix and Resistance. She'll be ahead of the curve for all of the legendary events.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    I think smithieD on youtube runs some videos for ppl who just started playing.. he started a new account for it not long ago.. google him
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Tks for the tips guys!
  • I'll search his videos, I like SmithieD videos
  • J0K3R wrote: »
    I think smithieD on youtube runs some videos for ppl who just started playing.. he started a new account for it not long ago.. google him

I found a great video of him, tks!
  • you should highly consider phoenix squad because they get you both for both palpatine and thrawn and those characters are 2 empire which helps you get r2 easier
  • Definitely scoundrels for credit heists, sooner the better to then work easier on the rest.
  • Ciel_6
    178 posts Member
    @Vampire_X created the academy for just this purpose.
  • ToxicFish wrote: »
    Definitely scoundrels for credit heists, sooner the better to then work easier on the rest.

Agreed, Lando and sth are both great starters because of their scoundrel/rebel tags....
  • Stockpile MK3 Sienars from the Guild Shop for as long as they are available. Maybe get Luke there & Sabine, but the Sienars will eventually go away...
  • Vampire_X
    1426 posts Moderator
    Ciel_6 wrote: »
    @Vampire_X created the academy for just this purpose.

YES! =) ,

Send people to the acadamey!, the archive has a lot of good source data - but we will continue to grow it with the community help. Engagement on that area is all about you! Especially new and growing players

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/categories/the-archives
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • ToxicFish wrote: »
    Definitely scoundrels for credit heists, sooner the better to then work easier on the rest.

Agreed. Invest in this early and then level up faster later.
  • You could have a look into this thread:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/86926/adaptive-f2p-guide/p1
    It is a Beginners Guide and what toon to farm when and where.
  • UoJCAM
    211 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    If she is going to spend, bundles are the best bang for your buc;, don't buy Crystals and spend on packs - only on gear and refreshes and occasional shards.
  • Tyrael
    52 posts Member
    A friend of mine started to play today. I've recommended to her investing on STH on arena and AA, than with both unlocked, keep buying STH until 7*. I've recommended Boba in cantina and later QGJ. But, I don't know how to explain with accuracy the best tips, so what should a begginer do in your opinion?

Agree with st Han, boba then QGJ, probably lando cantina, Biggs or phasma in gw. Wouldn't really go for AA early though - free 4* unlock for ships and probably other better rebels for 7* ep (maybe Phoenix as others mentioned to have a jump on Thrawn).

Don't forget to recommend some scoundrels for those pesky training droid and credit heists!
  • STH BOBA LANDO focus them while getting Biggs to 7* asap.
  • Byakuya
    379 posts Member
    Scoundrels and rancor team as soon as possible
  • Yeah, getting 5 Scoundrels together should be new players #1 priority. Lando, STHan & Boba Fett are the first 3 characters new players should go all out on.
  • I'd recommend she farm Phoenix and Resistance. She'll be ahead of the curve for all of the legendary events.

Lol