R2 has the Rebel, GR & Resistance tags...

CK_3030
177 posts Member
it's time that Chewbacca does too. There's always only been one Chewie; he's not like farm boy Luke turning into a Jedi Master with different powers. Also, Chewbacca during the time of the Clone Wars wasn't even a scoundrel.

Fix it & give Chewie the tags he deserves!

Replies

• Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    that's true chewie was in resistance also and han solo also
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I have thought this also, I think Chewie should have those tags...

But I think he needs a complete rework to go with his many tags, he would need a expose synergy or give potency to Resistance ally's.

Also giving him synergy with one or both Han characters is a must for Rebels.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    CK_3030 wrote: »
    it's time that Chewbacca does too. There's always only been one Chewie; he's not like farm boy Luke turning into a Jedi Master with different powers. Also, Chewbacca during the time of the Clone Wars wasn't even a scoundrel.

he could lose the clone wars title and gain rebel tag, but i say hold off on resistance for now, hes kinda in the same boat as old ben where he ended up helping the resistance but not truly apart of them, now episode 8 could change that.
  • I think when episode 8 comes they will add Grand Master Luke, rework chewie and give raid Han some synergy with him
  • flux_rono wrote: »

he could lose the clone wars title and gain rebel tag, but i say hold off on resistance for now, hes kinda in the same boat as old ben where he ended up helping the resistance but not truly apart of them, now episode 8 could change that.

MOAR REBELS!!!!!
  • USAmazing wrote: »

But I think he needs a complete rework to go with his many tags, he would need a expose synergy or give potency to Resistance ally's.

I completely agree but at the same time that is terrifying. Rebels have plenty of room to grow even stronger! Yikes
  • Felt the same way as soon as I saw r2's tags.
  • USAmazing wrote: »

I completely agree but at the same time that is terrifying. Rebels have plenty of room to grow even stronger! Yikes

Takes slots.... You can only have so many rebels on one team. Nothing to worry about.
  • I want more the Rambo Chewie from TFA.
  • I thought the reason they had clone wars era chewie was because they might add Tarful, or at least have some kind of synergy for that era. And then perhaps they would add another Chewie by now. It doesn't appear that is the case, so just my opinion, they should drop "clone wars" from his name, update his blaster, and give rebel/resistance tag then.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    It's time for a Chewie and Han reworks and synergies ...
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    I think that one of the main reasons R2 has so many tags is because, visually he looks exactly the same in all the movies and would be impossible to tell which version of him you are fighting in game.

Chewie has the same problem if they make multiple versions of him, even if he had slightly different bowcasters.

Giving Chewie more tags is the best option for him (and a rework), plus everyone starts with him and this would really help out beginning players
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    I'd like this as well. And I don't think that Chewy gaining a Rebel tag will make Rebels more powerful. It's Chewie.
    I would like to see him reworked with Rebel and Resistance tags along with some type of Raid Han synergy. That would in turn make Raid Han worthwhile (possibly).
  • For some reason I never thought of this, but I completely agree with it.
  • xXItsTryhardPVPXx
    101 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    USAmazing wrote: »
    I think that one of the main reasons R2 has so many tags is because, visually he looks exactly the same in all the movies and would be impossible to tell which version of him you are fighting in game.

Chewie has the same problem if they make multiple versions of him, even if he had slightly different bowcasters.

Giving Chewie more tags is the best option for him (and a rework), plus everyone starts with him and this would really help out beginning players

This is what I was thinking (the bottom few sentences)

It would be good and all for new players to have a bit of a more powerful toon to start out with but it can't be too op or else they will just breeze through all the beginner battles.

So i was thinking maybe make a playable version of the rebel chewie in the pve battles (80 shards?) that would use the same bowcaster. And he would have he rebel and resistance tags. Maybe he could have galactic republic tag too, and just synergize with light side allies in general like r2.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    USAmazing wrote: »

This is what I was thinking (the bottom few sentences)

It would be good and all for new players to have a bit of a more powerful toon to start out with but it can't be too op or else they will just breeze through all the beginner battles.

So i was thinking maybe make a playable version of the rebel chewie in the pve battles (80 shards?) that would use the same bowcaster. And he would have he rebel and resistance tags. Maybe he could have galactic republic tag too, and just synergize with light side allies in general like r2.

I think that it would help starting players the most to have a character that would work in many different squads.

Chewie doesn't need to be OP, just useful in diverse squads like Rebels, Scoundrels, Galactic Republic, & Resistance squads.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »

I would argue that Chewie did more for the Resistance than R2 did in TFA.

He helped destroy Starkiller base, in fact he detonated the bombs that allowed the Resistance to destroy the First Order base... He definitely earned his Resistance tag.

R2 just sat in the corner gathering dust, and earned a Resistance tag.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi