Extra refresh going away? *Dev Response*

Prev1
JacenRoe
3016 posts Member
edited June 2017
The rumor on Reddit is that this update is taking away the third energy refresh at the 50 crystal price, and the third cantina refresh at the 100 crystal price. And that it's already in effect for some, just not IOS yet.

Can anyone substantiate this dev or otherwise? I'll be very annoyed and disappointed if this is true. I think it's a step backwards taking things away like that. It's not as bad as when they slashed the drop rate for mods. Thankfully that has been set right. But with the gear grind, and so many characters being added (especially single 20 energy hard node, and 16 energy cantina farms), and more surely to be added, and the gear demands of the large rosters required to participate in various game modes... I think keeping 50/50/50 and 100/100/100 refreshes a permanent thing is a better choice. If not expanding it to 4 cheap refreshes.

@CG_Kozispoon
@EA_Jesse

Any comment? Am I getting irritated over nothing?
Post edited by Kozispoon on

Replies

• Waez
    286 posts Member
    I updated on Android and the refreshes were still there, I think. Didn't check, but my crystal count looks normal.
    I'll check again tomorrow.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    https://youtu.be/ehRd8DfIv08

This is from today after the update.

We are still safe..... for now.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Waez wrote: »
    I updated on Android and the refreshes were still there, I think. Didn't check, but my crystal count looks normal.
    I'll check again tomorrow.

That's awesome to hear. I really hope they stay. Extra low cost refreshes got a lot of good will for the dev team from me at least. I can't be the only one.
  • It was a discount promotion, its bound to go away eventually.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    It was a discount promotion, its bound to go away eventually.

The rules are not set in stone. They can be changed according to whatever is best for the game. I might be wrong, but I have a hunch that it's been left in place for so long because they're testing how it affects crystal purchases and usage. I really hope it becomes permanent, and we are told as much.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »

The rules are not set in stone. They can be changed according to whatever is best for the game. I might be wrong, but I have a hunch that it's been left in place for so long because they're testing how it affects crystal purchases and usage. I really hope it becomes permanent, and we are told as much.

They 100% did this to test the water and see if it generates more revenue. If it stays, it's an earner. If it doesn't, they make more money without it.

My guess is that it's probably an earner.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Palanthian wrote: »

They 100% did this to test the water and see if it generates more revenue. If it stays, it's an earner. If it doesn't, they make more money without it.

My guess is that it's probably an earner.

I agree. This is one of those rare situations that's good for us (better value for our use of crystals), and I would bet is good for them (incentive to buy crystal packs/subscriptions because we have ways to spend them that give us good value).

Seems like a win win.
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Mornin'!
    Our team took a look and this appears to still be in effect and has not been changed. Cheers!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Mornin'!
    Our team took a look and this appears to still be in effect and has not been changed. Cheers!

You're the best! Glad to hear it. Thanks for the quick answer.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    it did say for a limited time though
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    djvita wrote: »

We kind of covered that. It's a good change that can be made permanent if they chose to. The rules are whatever they decide them to be.
  • Refreshes are fat.
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Refreshes are atf.

Fixed it for you. This is a @JacenRoe post after all
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Refreshes are atf.

Fixed it for you. This is a @JacenRoe post after all

:D
  • ElleMadara
    1017 posts Member
    edited June 2017

Kittens
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member

This... it was never going to be a perm thing.. they indicated was just during the pushed phoenix farming
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Saraleb wrote: »

This... it was never going to be a perm thing.. they indicated was just during the pushed phoenix farming

This was in place long before the Phoenix farm. And where did they say this would end with the Phoenix farm? Double drops did, but that's over already. And by the way, why can it be permanent if it's a positive change for us, and for their crystal sales (if that's the case)?
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member

This was in place long before the Phoenix farm. And where did they say this would end with the Phoenix farm? Double drops did, but that's over already. And by the way, why can it be permanent if it's a positive change for us, and for their crystal sales (if that's the case)?

Hows it a positive change for their crystal sales ? You get an extra 'cheaper' refresh before having to purchase more crystals
  • zeekdog
    75 posts Member

Hows it a positive change for their crystal sales ? You get an extra 'cheaper' refresh before having to purchase more crystals

More people refreshing at lower rates means higher crystal investments from players, thus, increasing the crystal net sales. It's all about the bigger picture.
  • Saraleb wrote: »

Im more likely to buy crystals if i get more bang for my buck.

Instead of flat out not buying crystals because the price aint right
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

If I make 300 crystals a day from arena and activities (which is a decent chunk of people) then I will do my 50/50 and 100/100 daily usually since that's a good value for them. I will never ever ever under any circumstances ever (except maybe double drops) buy a 100 energy refresh or a 200 cantina energy refresh. That's a horrible ROI. But if I have spent my free crystals, and there are a couple more cheap refreshes available then that crystal subscription starts to look tempting. There is a good value but there. I just have to pony up a small amount of real money to get those crystals.

Now everyone is in a different situation. That's just one possible scenario. It might not be boosting crystal sales. But they are WAY to smart to not be tracking the data to see if it's boosting sales. And if it is, or even if it's a neutral change as far as cash flow, but boosts player retention, then it's their game. They can make it permanent if they like. They make changes by the hundreds to this game. We're all waiting on pins and needles to see what changes are coming in the next update. This game is constant change.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member

Citation, please.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    They probably just forgot to change it back. Now it's on their radar thanks to this thread.

Smooth.

matttheradartechnician_snl.jpg

• Nothing escapes the ever watchful eye. It's honestly a great move to keep it. I ve enjoyed it mucho. Especially with that cantina energy.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Nothing escapes the ever watchful eye. It's honestly a great move to keep it. I ve enjoyed it mucho. Especially with that cantina energy.

I guess.

But I'm surprised you're not surprised what they've missed or forgot about. They don't even remember releasing the Tie Reaper for one.
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Nothing escapes the ever watchful eye. It's honestly a great move to keep it. I ve enjoyed it mucho. Especially with that cantina energy.

I guess.

But I'm surprised you're not surprised what they've missed or forgot about. They don't even remember releasing the Tie Reaper for one.

Haha I see what you did there. Call me an eternal optimist. But I have hope that a lot of things will leave us pleasantly surprised in the coming months. Well as pleasant as we can be anyway. And I'm sure ships haven't been forgotten. But to the point of the post- I equate it to drinking. I'm more prone to spend more for beers at happy hour then when it's not. (I live in NYC- drinks can be expensive)

• Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

You need some credits dude!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Dryff wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »