Wow! People in this game don't know how good they have it!

Rod___INL
123 posts Member
edited February 2016
I am amazed at how toxic people are towards the developers and community managers who are only trying to help. I have seen this pattern before and it will quickly lead to an information shutdown on the forums.

I have played Clash of Clans for almost 3 years and have been active on there forums the whole time. Clash of Clans has been top grossing app since mobile games learned how to make money.

In the beginning they had active community managers on the forums who communicated with the players everyday just like in this game. However, as time went by the forums became more and more toxic and a lynch mob formed anytime they posted anything. After a while they realized the forums make up a tiny percent of their player base and it was not worth their hastle.

Their forums still run but the community managers stopped being active months ago. They don't need to be because the game still makes money with or without the forums. This game is doing quite well and my guess is it will continue to do so for a while.

We have a good thing going because the community managers are very active and very responsive. It makes our game play better because we are the ones that crave information. If people make it too painful for them to post they will stop. This game, just like clash of clans, can function fine without any developer input on the forums.

If people want to have an inside track to info and want the community managers to keep giving us that info, it would be wise to tone down the toxicity. I like this game and the forums and would like to see them continue for a while.

Replies

• Options
    Well if they werent ripoffs the forums wouldnt be so toxic.
  • Options
    Rod___INL wrote: »
    I am amazed at how toxic people are towards the developers and community managers who are only trying to help. I have seen this pattern before and it will quickly lead to an information shutdown on the forums.

I have played Clash of Clans for almost 3 years and have been active on there forums the whole time. Clash of Clans has been top grossing app since mobile games learned how to make money.

In the beginning they had active community managers on the forums who communicated with the players everyday just like in this game. However, as time when by the forums became more and more toxic and a lynch mob formed anytime they posted anything. After a while they realized the forums make up a tiny percent of their player base and it wa not worth their hustle.

Their forums still run but the community managers stopped being active months ago. They don't need to be because the game still makes money with or without the forums. This game is doing quite well and my guess is it will continue to do so for a while.

We have a good thing going because the community managers are very active and very responsive. It makes our game play better because we are the ones that crave information. If people make it too painful for them to post they will stop. This game, just like clash of clans, can function fine without any developer input on the forums.

If people want to have an inside track to info and want the community managers to keep giving us that info, it would be wise to tone down the toxicity. I like this game and the forums and would like to see them continue for a while.

Unfortunately, when ever a certain change is done to the game that makes the player feel like it's unfair. They IMMEDIATELY assume the developers are corrupt, evil, snarky leeches who want nothing but our money. People instantaneously go bezerk and just go off making false accusations about the creators. It's bad, and it's done in almost every forum. Have you seen the forums for Clash of Clans? After the most recent update, all the top threads are nothing but toxic. People need to realize that although game companies do want to make money from their game, they also want to put out great content to keep people wanting to play. They want their player base to LIKE them. Why would they risk tarnishing their image?
  • Options
    I think it's only part of a certain generation to be a whiner on a high horse
  • SubmarineMan
    11 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Totally agree rod, these people complaining are pathetic and need to grow up. These toxic people only make up a small percentage of the player base and I bet you the majority of people on here are glad that a massively OP char has been nerved. These people are only moaning because they thought they could dominate pvp and get easy wins with POE and now with this nerfing these people will actually have to come up with some strategy and think for a change, poor souls
    I've been on many forums over the years and this is the most toxic forum I have been on by far, there's no need for it all
  • Options
    HaloWars29 wrote: »

Unfortunately, when ever a certain change is done to the game that makes the player feel like it's unfair. They IMMEDIATELY assume the developers are corrupt, evil, snarky leeches who want nothing but our money. People instantaneously go bezerk and just go off making false accusations about the creators. It's bad, and it's done in almost every forum. Have you seen the forums for Clash of Clans? After the most recent update, all the top threads are nothing but toxic. People need to realize that although game companies do want to make money from their game, they also want to put out great content to keep people wanting to play. They want their player base to LIKE them. Why would they risk tarnishing their image?

I agree and I am on the Clash of Clans forums every day and have been for over 2 years. Those forums have become worthless because the community managers and mods and worthwhile contributors stopped contributing as a result of the toxicity.

I started this game a few days after global release and really like it. One of my favorite parts is that we still have direct access to the community managers and developers on these forums.

My point is this is a top 20 game. They don't need to be active on the forums to make their money because the forums are a tiny part of their player base. I like that they are active and don't want them to stop posting because they get attacked every time they pass on a message. That is what happened in **** and it would be ashame if it happens here.
  • Options

In the beginning they had active community managers on the forums who communicated with the players everyday just like in this game. However, as time when by the forums became more and more toxic and a lynch mob formed anytime they posted anything. After a while they realized the forums make up a tiny percent of their player base and it wa not worth their hustle.

Eventhough I have never play clash of clan, I agree with you for some extent.
    I think this forum used to be opinion exchange rather than anger releasing forum.

Imop, the main complaint is about some change in update.

But it's not that crime

People do sth wrong, Company do sth wrong that's it

Swearing word, emotional harass word, and all we did will not lead to change.
    it make them people less and less!

You don't want to talk with people who always throw swearing word withyou, right?

How about making a bit more constructive suggestion in one thread, pinned it at top and move on?

P.S. Sorry for my poor grammar.

Cheers

• J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

In the beginning they had active community managers on the forums who communicated with the players everyday just like in this game. However, as time went by the forums became more and more toxic and a lynch mob formed anytime they posted anything. After a while they realized the forums make up a tiny percent of their player base and it was not worth their hastle.

+1
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

Do us a favor and quit and never post again

+1
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    +1
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

entitlement millenials, mostly from what i experience day to day (my sister being of them...sooooooo annoying haha)
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    J0K3R wrote: »

Do us a favor and quit and never post again

+1

No thanks, im entitled to my own opinion. Don't like it ignore anything I may post. I Could care less about anything you have to say.
  • Options
    I do have to say that this game's devs do seem the most responsive of any game I've played. Even crowdsourced games under development have seemed less responsive. Whereas, I haven't liked every change they've made, they do seem to address the forums concerns.
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »

entitlement millenials, mostly from what i experience day to day (my sister being of them...sooooooo annoying haha)

If you have a sister of comparable age, it's somewhat likely you are included in the broader definitions of what makes someone considered to be a "millenial". I think it's more that people who are naturally immature, pointlessly argumentative and feeble-minded are more likely to feel wrongfully and needlessly entitled to being treated a certain way, especially online. Generalizing such behavior and attitudes to a certain age group or generation doesn't quite capture the larger demographic that encapsulates such qualities.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    HaloWars29 wrote: »

This! You're my hero!
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    +1
    Keep it up devs and @EA_Jessie! I'm loving the game and I appreciate everything you guys are doing :smile:
  • Options
    +1

But in before people blames the whales.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    I agree. I think the lack of any info in the notes on the speed change to Poe and the change to the mechanic itself is due to sloppy disorganization in the note publishing process; not some nefarious plot. Overall I like this Dev team a lot, and I've played just about every MMO since SWG.
  • Options
    Imo, toxicity is more between player to player rather than towards devs. I'm looking at most of the guys who whine, guys who whine that others are whining and so on, lol.

I like the game. And I like that the devs are trying to engage with us.
  • Options
    I have a 6 star character id like to update but it will take a million credits to do so. That would take a week just to promote. I spent money on this game and would have continued but leveling upper tier characters is now a joke. My characters are basically stuck. At least if they're going to nerf the profit mining, then do the same thing to gw. I can live with the poe stuff. The lack of being able to collect credits has about ruined the game.
  • Sniperchief
    23 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    h3ckman wrote: »
    +1
    Keep it up devs and @EA_Jessie! I'm loving the game and I appreciate everything you guys are doing :smile:

Mirrored right back at you @EA_Jesse and co.
  • Options
    Wow, so the mods talk to you while you get bent over for another $100 jedi pack. Whoop de doo.

It's a freaking mobile game. The amount of money they expect you to invest is absurd and with each update it becomes worse. I honestly don't know how you don't expect negative feedback.

Now there is no reason to be abusive to nasty to anyone. But to simply express displeasure that a character you invested money in is now 1/2 as good, or to say it is now going to take 10x longer to level up a character, is what feedback forums are for.