Phoenix Squad leaves Shard Shop

Rumpelstilzchen
1754 posts Member
edited June 2017
Well, guess I won't worry about getting GAT. Just as well I guess, according to what I have read he's broken, not working right etc. Still I was banking shards to get my Phoenix squad to 5* at least in hopes of competing next time around, I only made it to t4 last time. Probably should have expected it would happen. He's meant to boost sales.

Long story short, I feel let down. After all my years of gaming you'd think I would be used to it. Ahh well sux to be me I guess. G'luck to those with GAK or those that will star him next time. I know I can farm him but the drop rates have been horrible for me (3 accts too). so not going to bother with it an spend the time on other things.

Replies

• Well, guess I won't worry about getting GAT. Just as well I guess, according to what I have read he's broken, not working right etc. Still I was banking shards to get my Phoenix squad to 5* at least in hopes of competing next time around, I only made it to t4 last time. Probably should have expected it would happen. He's meant to boost sales.

Long story short, I feel let down. After all my years of gaming you'd think I would be used to it. Ahh well sux to be me I guess. G'luck to those with GAK or those that will star him next time. I know I can farm him but the drop rates have been horrible for me (3 accts too). so not going to bother with it an spend the time on other things.

He will be back only in a few months, you have plenty of time to passively farm phoenix
  • I unlocked 7* Thrawn as F2P without the shard shop.

They are incredibly easy to farm.
  • Yeah but is replacing them other than a couple ships?
  • By the way, they may not be super useful in arena. Haven't found a spot in raids just yet, but phoenix can solo gw. With full protection. Even against those pesky zader squads.
    Only ones I have problems with are those oh so annoying triple cleanse teams. But the people who run those and rex leads are losers anyways. Lol with no sense of how to build an actual synergistic team. Here's gk rex and r2. Let's add any other 2. Ob wait quad cleanse gk chaze rex r2. It's all weak in my book. Get a real squad
  • I was disappointed that they'll remove the characters from the shard shop before the end of the flash events since there will be one coming again on the 30th. However, with the 10 Sabine shards I was able to buy from the shard shop (since I haven't had a Sshop refresh yet), a prayer to RNGesus for her to show up again in guild, and the hard node, I MAY get her to 5* before then. I was just hoping to get enough shard shop currency to just buy the rest I needed from there before they left because I ASSUMED they'd at least stay until after the flash events ended.
  • Barmuka_1 wrote: »
    By the way, they may not be super useful in arena. Haven't found a spot in raids just yet, but phoenix can solo gw. With full protection. Even against those pesky zader squads.
    Only ones I have problems with are those oh so annoying triple cleanse teams. But the people who run those and rex leads are losers anyways. Lol with no sense of how to build an actual synergistic team. Here's gk rex and r2. Let's add any other 2. Ob wait quad cleanse gk chaze rex r2. It's all weak in my book. Get a real squad

For the record I only wanted to level phoenix to get a 5* to 7* GAT. After that they would not be used.
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    You have to applaud the tactics and timing. PSquad leaves Shard Shop, next day double drops. GW tokens turned into shards would have gone further for PSquad builders. Okay maybe not applaud, how about a golf clap? Lol
  • Gwonk
    238 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Now you will be hard pressed to find someone who likes Phoenix less than me, but as others have said, they are some of the easiest farms in the game (not counting Sabine).
    Its an unpleasant requirement to get Thrawn, who is pretty awesome.
    Using shard shop on any Phoenix other than Sabine makes no sense to me. Sounds like a huge waste of resources.
  • Gwonk wrote: »
    Now you will be hard pressed to find someone who likes Phoenix less than me, but as others have said, they are some of the easiest farms in the game (not counting Sabine).
    Its an unpleasant requirement to get Thrawn, who is pretty awesome.
    Using shard shop on any Phoenix other than Sabine makes no sense to me. Sounds like a huge waste of resources.

Well when you have all the heroes at 7* in GW's shop, you can build them up fairly fast. So I guess that is why they took them out.