Questions about resistance teams.

Prev1
Finally geared pilot but is she better than Rey?
What about zeta rey? Worth it?
Should I zeta combat analysis? (Already did the other)
Right now I use ZFinn, R2, B2, RT and Poe. Should I replace b2 with ZRey or pilot?

Even though I've been running them for awhile still I'm full of questions.

Replies

• Options
    Is this for arena or Haat?
  • Options
    Rey is mad squishy ... even throwing Baze instead of Rey would be more useful
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    I run zFinn, Poe, zRey, R2z2 & RT

I personally like zRey in my my squad, her daze really helps me stop most of the counterattacks and TM gain of opponents. Plus she hits really hard.

I would try replacing B2, most non-resistance toons seem to not get many turns once you get expose rolling.

I just got R2s 2nd zeta combat analysis, and it helps a little (I need to get more crit chance on my mods to see any big difference) I would say it's worth it if you run Rey, it helps clear her so she gets that extra offensive boost.

I have not replaced Rey with RP cause I like Rey a lot, so I'm not sure how my team is with RP instead.

I like my team a lot and have not dropped outta the top twenty in the last month or so, and usually get 1st at my payout (if I'm not busy or working).
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    Rey's zeta is more useless than Chewie's.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options

Do you run a resistance squad?
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    Options
    I have a Res team in my top 50 with Zfinn, Poe, RT, Rey (not sure if she is zeta'd or not), and Sidious
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options

I find her zeta very useful...
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options

You are not correctly running your resistance squad if you think Rey is "mad squishy " and that a third tank is more useful...

If played correctly With two tanks in this team all ready, and expose rolling plus Rey's foresight she is untouchable.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »

You know they don't, but that doesn't mean they haven't fought against Rey in Resistence squads. I can't tell what the difference is between ZetaRey and just Rey. She's squishy and her damage drop drastically with a single debuff.
  • Options

Mad squishy. You from NY?
  • MasterMasterTimelord
    1140 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

You are not correctly running your resistance squad if you think Rey is "mad squishy " and that a third tank is more useful...

If played correctly With two tanks in this team all ready, and expose rolling plus Rey's foresight she is untouchable.

Have a resistance squad on my shard (top 20-10) and his Rey is not squishy at all. I never underestimate Rey and Resistance soldier (mainly). R2, Finn and Poe we try to deal, cos' they can finish the match, making Rey and RS free to inflict a great damage. So, I agree with you. Well paired Rey is not squish at all.

Ps: defense is dumb with Resistance
  • Options

I personally like zRey in my my squad, her daze really helps me stop most of the counterattacks and TM gain of opponents. Plus she hits really hard.

I would try replacing B2, most non-resistance toons seem to not get many turns once you get expose rolling.

I just got R2s 2nd zeta combat analysis, and it helps a little (I need to get more crit chance on my mods to see any big difference) I would say it's worth it if you run Rey, it helps clear her so she gets that extra offensive boost.

I have not replaced Rey with RP cause I like Rey a lot, so I'm not sure how my team is with RP instead.

I like my team a lot and have not dropped outta the top twenty in the last month or so, and usually get 1st at my payout (if I'm not busy or working).

Ok. What should I do 1st Rey or r2 for the zeta?
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options

You know they don't, but that doesn't mean they haven't fought against Rey in Resistence squads. I can't tell what the difference is between ZetaRey and just Rey. She's squishy and her damage drop drastically with a single debuff.

Again this is why I think R2s combat analysis is nice, it helps her clear debuffs also Finn's cleanse is great. Also my Rey isn't very "squishy" with the right mods, plus R2s number crunch has made her even less so.

https://swgoh.gg/u/usamazing/
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options

Ok. What should I do 1st Rey or r2 for the zeta?

I would probably go for R2s zetas 1st, they will help your team more.

Rey's zeta will help out only when stopping counter attack teams,and TM gain toons... which you can work around until you zeta her
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @USAmazing
    correct me if i'm wrong, but when facing a zeta'd nihilus the zeta on your rey is completely nullified right?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Also try RP out in place of Rey, the extra expose would be nice as well as the TM gain RP gets from crit chance, combined with R2s combat analysis might be good mix.

I just find zRey's daze helps me a lot at the top of the arena with all the counter attackers and TM gainers, so eventually you will wanna try zRey I'm sure.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    @USAmazing
    correct me if i'm wrong, but when facing a zeta'd nihilus the zeta on your rey is completely nullified right?

@leef how so? What is nihilus zeta doing again?
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @USAmazing

"At the start of each enemy turn, Nihilus inflicts Health Down on them for 2 turns."
    a (possible) debuff on rey even if she's the first to move.
    edit: rey's zeta
    "As long as she has no debuffs, Rey has +25% Offense and inflicts Daze for 2 turns whenever she uses a Special ability. This effect can't be Resisted."
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    @USAmazing

"At the start of each enemy turn, Nihilus inflicts Health Down on them for 2 turns."

@leef Ah yes that...

I do find that very annoying, but it doesn't Stop my team...
    I try to kill DN first or second to get rid of that, usually by having Poe inflict buff immunity on him to keep him from going stealth and then I stun him with R2 or Finn to keep him from dodging and then kill him, with expose rolling my team has plenty of turns to do this.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @USAmazing

leef how so? What is nihilus zeta doing again?

leef Ah yes that...

I try to kill DN first or second to get rid of that, usually by having Poe inflict buff immunity on him to keep him from going stealth and then I stun him with R2 or Finn to keep him from dodging and then kill him, with expose rolling my team has plenty of turns to do this.

i didn't mean it would stop your team from being effective. I have a maxed resistance team, it's great. It's just one of the reasons i didn't put a zeta on rey. At the very least it's something to keep in mind when deciding if you're going to put a zeta on rey or not.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @USAmazing

leef how so? What is nihilus zeta doing again?

leef Ah yes that...

i didn't mean it would stop your team from being effective. I have a maxed resistance team, it's great. It's just one of the reasons i didn't put a zeta on rey. At the very least it's something to keep in mind when deciding if you're going to put a zeta on rey or not.

The zeta only gives Rey daze ability, she has the offensive boost if not debuffed before you zeta her...

So zeta Rey only if you wanna help stop TM and counter attacks. Which I find very helpful against Chaze and GKenobi teams, however I do wish her zeta had more than just a daze if not debuffed.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options

Oh please, who are you kidding? Inflict Daze when you use special ability if you're not debuffed? Seriously? Even if it was only inflict Daze when you use special ability, it would still be terribly useless, you've got toons inflicting either Daze on BASIC with no zeta or AoE Daze. And yes I used to run her when she was meta. She was only good because she could directly one-shot someone. In a Resistance squad, there are many better options to use instead of her.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @Crazylazyguy

I completely disagree with your statement...
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options

Again this is why I think R2s combat analysis is nice, it helps her clear debuffs also Finn's cleanse is great. Also my Rey isn't very "squishy" with the right mods, plus R2s number crunch has made her even less so.

That is extremely squishy. Two Overpowers from Savage puts her in the red. She may be great on offence but on defence she isn't a threat with a Zeta and especially without a zeta
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options

That is extremely squishy. Two Overpowers from Savage puts her in the red. She may be great on offence but on defence she isn't a threat with a Zeta and especially without a zeta

Well I have not dropped outta the top 20 in a month... so it doesn't seem like she is bad on defense.

And with savage dazed and all the expose TM I get plus my two tanks and health gain she gets, Savage doesn't get a chance to do two overpower attacks on her.

Also I enjoy being the only Resistance team in my shard at the top of the arena... I'm not into cookie cutter meta teams.

ZtL1eQt.jpg
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    I just got smoked by this team with R2 in place of the Pilot. All Resistance, all that can be zeta'd were. I was on offense with zmaul, zsavage, zylo, EP, SithAsin. Smoked. Made me a believer.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you @Ruivussan I rest my case... Nuff said.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • _Ben
    134 posts Member
    Options
    CEG9876 wrote: »
    I have a Res team in my top 50 with Zfinn, Poe, RT, Rey (not sure if she is zeta'd or not), and Sidious

Out of interest what shard are you in? There is a small chance this could be me. :smiley:

@CEG9876
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    _Ben wrote: »
    CEG9876 wrote: »

Out of interest what shard are you in? There is a small chance this could be me. :smiley:

@CEG9876

November 2015
  • Options

Well I have not dropped outta the top 20 in a month... so it doesn't seem like she is bad on defense.

And with savage dazed and all the expose TM I get plus my two tanks and health gain she gets, Savage doesn't get a chance to do two overpower attacks on her.

Also I enjoy being the only Resistance team in my shard at the top of the arena... I'm not into cookie cutter meta teams.

ZtL1eQt.jpg

As an active Zaul user I pray for Resistence teams because with Sassy they don't get the taunt off, Rey gets multiple debuffs put on her, Finn can't cleanse, and R2 can't fake taunt on somebody. The only easier squad I can face is a FO squad.