Help my Jedi team!

Acrofales
1363 posts Member
I'm at a bit of a loss how to improve my jedis. I hoped Thrawn would make my empire thrive again, but my experiment with him was a failure. He's fun for GW, but that seems to be about it for now. So I have to make do with my Jedi. On the upside, Ezra is great. On the downside, I can't seem to fit him into my team.

My team: zQGJ, Shore/RG, R2Z2 (only number crunch), JKA, Yoda.

This is a pretty well-tested team, and I can always make top 20, sometimes top 10, and invariably drop down to the 30s-40s range overnight, because it just doesn't hold on defense. However, every member plays a key part:
QGJ: leader. The rest of his kit is nice, but it's his lead that makes him shine. Foresight is invaluable.
Shore/RG: interchangeable tank. Shore when I need a pretaunt and/or a healer (usually vs. Zaul teams, but also zKylo). RG in all other situations for the stun and the autotaunt.
R2Z2: allows Shore/RG to taunt even when Nilly keeps dispelling, or Shore gets stunned/AB'd/etc. Decent damage and a stun rounds him out, and he provides extra stats (offense) to my Jedis.
JKA: damage. He does by far the most damage between his aoe and his hard hitting basic. Buff immunity is a must-have vs. GK and healing immunity is great for Chaze, Zarriss, Zylo and Zavage.
Yoda: tenacity up. The lack of a cleanser means I need to rely on tenacity up at the start of the fight. He also spreads foresight quite reliably even without a zeta. Starts the fight by making Baze take his turn first, which is invariably the aoe dispell, which does nothing except wipe foresight off everybody, and ensure I can then hit someone juicy instead of Baze. Ghetto stun as an extra use.

I'd like to replace Yoda with Ezra, but I'd lose that essential tenacity up vs. Empire/Sith teams. I could try replacing the tank, but am afraid that even with all of Ezra's damage, I'll lose a vital team member. I could perhaps try with R2 turning Yoda into a foresight-based tank, but it won't work well vs. many teams: wiggs, GK lead the charge, or just the regular damage from Zaul and Thrawn teams will massacre him quickly. Will Ezra's extra damage be enough to offset that? So that leaves JKA... but replacing one damage dealer with another is kinda not the point of this whole exercise. Ezra calling JKA to assist is awesome. That can be upwards of 50k damage.

Do I have to wait for GK (replaces both tank and Yoda) to run Ezra too? Or are there other combos you think could allow Ezra into my team? Maybe Kanan?

https://swgoh.gg/u/acrofales/

Replies

• Bt_7274
    357 posts Member
    Hey there :smile: ,i think your team is good right now,biggest improvement would be ezra in and jka out,until you get gk,save the lineup,and i prefer shore to rg
    discord:Darth Woodman#6467,looking for shardmates:Warrior ìN,skirge2000,GlideX,erykgx,harunalp,TDB,Kiwida,dyloot,pm me on discord plz
  • How far are u from gk?
  • What you really need is to eventually replace RG or Shoretrooper with Kenobi.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    Thanks for the feedback.

GK is going to take a while. He's 56/145, and 89 shards will take me ~2 months.
  • RybsMoonwalker
    20 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    BO is a Jedi with amazing heal and cleanse. I would dump Yoda for her in a heartbeat. Or sacrifice your damage (JKA) for heals and cleanse (BO); who matched up with Yoda can grant squad more longevity (Tenacity, heals, and cleanse).
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    You really need GK. Someone mentioned that you could use zBarris. She would provide a cleanse and potentially add to your health pool by healing on crits. It could even make her a soft taunt becaues of that fact. Another option could be to get Aayla on your team to help control the fight with stuns. Especially if you were to use R2 to smoke screen everyone but her.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Barriss is a good idea. Seems like that could work. I'll farm her and try in GW. Thanks!
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Bariss is a waste as 20% of QGJ's or Yoda's health pool is regrettably low. U will b disappointed.

https://swgoh.gg/u/poxx70/

I speak from experience. Bariss was my very 1st zeta. Thankfully we were able to refund it.