anyone actually zeta Thrawn's unique?

Prev1
M_L
469 posts Member
any opinions as to whether that unique is worth a zeta? and as lead or nonlead?

does it make any noticeable difference on offense vs defense?

Replies

• GreenGoblin96
    1321 posts Member
    edited June 2017
    I did his unique and I regret nothing. I use him on arena and it helps a lot. No clue about defense though

Edit: I don't use him as lead.
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    @GreenGoblin96 which squad are you using?
    I use
    rex(L)
    GK
    Thrawn
    DN
    R2

and I just don't think it's worth it..
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    I'd say worth it.

1) it never works against you.
    2) you are going to use Thrawn for quite awhile.
  • theHejiN wrote: »
    I use
    rex(L)
    GK
    Thrawn
    DN
    R2

Exactly that same team lol. And he's definitely worth it, specially when the enemy tries to stun thrawn, his tenacity lets him keep counterattacking
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    The more empire toons you use the better it is.
  • xodiack
    80 posts Member
    yes it is awesome he does a lot of counters and doesnt get dazed, stunned and such because of the higher tenacity :)
  • Totally worth it, not the most powerful zeta but he rarely dies because of it. It is the Cherry on his very OP cake.
  • Olddumper wrote: »

It is, but it's also about the 100% counter chance and the extra tenacity.

And it is awesome for rancor if you use a zvader team
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    z(L)Tarkin GK Nihilus Tfp z(U)Thrawn is where it's at
  • Yes, have a double zeta 5* Thrawn and he's so worth it.

Grand Admiral's Command might be the most underrated special in the game.
  • Yes and It's great for raids. For pvp it's not as impactful as say a QGJ or r2 zeta but it definently helps
  • Did it a couple days ago - will be adding a review on http://gaming-fans.com/star-wars-goh/zeta-material-use/ ASAP.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Whales have
  • Arloth
    17 posts Member
    I have zeta'ed thrawn's unique. From my experience & perspective;
    • I use Thrawn as non-lead as i have tried with the leadership ability its not good for arena. To get hiz zeta leadership usefull you need empire toons that constantly give buffs (status effects) and possible toons are very weak for arena(Veers, snowtrooper, stormtrooper, royal guard)
    • Thrawn lead might be good if you do galactic war and use 4 x Imperial Troopers (Shoretrooper,General Veers, Deathtropper and Snowtrooper)
    • For arena game play His zeta is not a game changer but still worth the upgrade
    • When the enemy is fractured for example Thrawn will not be stunned and will not get any debuffs because of the %100 tenacity
    • Sometimes when enemy AI shoots or aoe's thrawn will hit with his basic and do great damage. Just for people who may not know, according to swgoh.gg Thrawn's basic is the 2nd highest basic damage of all toons currently in the game. And by chance if Thrawn counters an enemy who has already ability blocked that enemy will be auto-stunned thanks to Thrawn's basic omega.
    • Lastly for soloing Heroic Rancor and Haat phase 3 its needed and awesome.
  • Arloth wrote: »
    • I use Thrawn as non-lead as i have tried with the leadership ability its not good for arena. To get hiz zeta leadership usefull you need empire toons that constantly give buffs (status effects) and possible toons are very weak for arena(Veers, snowtrooper, stormtrooper, royal guard)

What? Think you need to reread his leader. It has nothing to do with buffs at all. Thrawn's leader gives increased max protection, offense and does crazy things when your toons get debuffed or resist debuffs.

It's stupid good and absolutely destroys any team that relies on debuffs.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    I run zzThrawn (L). He is one of the best heroes in the game. His unique is important. His lead is amazing and is important if you run him as lead. You will not regret any zetas spent on him.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »

Why would running Empire make his Zeta unique better @Olddumper ?
  • I did his zeta unique and don't regret it.
    Chained since '16
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    @M_L

To further expand on you actual question, let's understand Fracture and Ebb and Flow.

Here are the basics: Fracture will remove 50% tm from your target, reduce Thrawn's speed by 50% and each time and empire unit uses a special skill, reduce Thrawn's TM by 15%.

If an opponent has 99% tm when fractured, they'd have 49% TM when released from the debuff. If zeta, and 3 specials are used, the opponent would come out around 0% tm. This is mostly useful in raids, as 4 or more specials in arena won't really net any significant reductions.

If you run multiple empire toons, your own units will keep thrawn from having an action. This gives a 4 v 4 scenario. To make up for this, Thrawn has counter chance so he can dish out damage while he is under control and extra tenacity so he is not stunned/dazed. 50% counter isn't too bad, but 50% tenacity isn't much at all. Now when zeta, the counter chance is guaranteed and the 100% tenacity can be significant. My Thrawn has 163% tenacity under fracture. This means any potency at 63% or fewer, and I'll guarantee resist it. Since most people don't stack potency, my thrawn is free to counter attack and rebuke debuffs.

In conclusion, this zeta is really good for arena and raids.
  • Arloth
    17 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Arloth wrote: »

What? Think you need to reread his leader. It has nothing to do with buffs at all. Thrawn's leader gives increased max protection, offense and does crazy things when your toons get debuffed or resist debuffs.

It's **** good and absolutely destroys any team that relies on debuffs.

I agree that passive bonuses with %15 max protection, %25 offense are pretty nice. But the problem is most top rank arena teams don't rely on debuffs.
    Now for non-zeta leadership Thrawn provides "gain %20 turn meter whenever they(empire allies) resist a detrimental effect or suffer a debuff"

Now lets look at top 5 meta teams according to swgoh.gg;
    1- Rex · GK · Chirrut · Baze · Darth Nihilus
    2- Rex · Chirrut · Baze · Darth Nihilus · R2-D2
    3- Wedge · Biggs · Chirrut · Baze · R2-D2
    4- QGJ · JKA · GM Yoda · GK · R2-D2
    5- Maul · Savage Opress · Emperor · Darth Nihilus · Sith Assassin

Against meta team 1 thrawn will fracture Baze and there will only be Nihilus with detrimental effect/debuff so it will only be beneficial for 1 toon.
    Against meta team 2 thrawn will fracture Baze and there will only be Nihilus and R2-D2 with detrimental effect/debuff so it will only be beneficial for 2 toons
    Against meta team 3 thrawn will fracture Baze and there will only be Wedge and R2-D2 with detrimental effect/debuff so it will only be beneficial for 2 toons
    Against meta team 4 thrawn will fracture GK and there will only be R2-D2 with detrimental effect/debuff so it will only be beneficial for 1 toon
    Against meta team 5 thrawn will fracture Darth Nihilus if possible and there will be Emperor, Sith Assassin and Maul with detrimental effect/debuff so it will only be beneficial for 3 toon

So on top 5 meta teams gain turn meter will be beneficial for 2/5 toons overall and if you are using 5 empire toons in you arena team. Which mostly runs 3 to 4 empire toons generally.

And if we zeta Thrawn's leadership which grants "Whenever an empire ally gains or loses a status effect, they recover %2 protection". Again we wont get the full benefit because most Thrawn(lead) arena teams runs 3 to 4 empire toons and i have already explained on top ranks how many debuffer teams/toons you will face. so there is only the positive status effect/buff part you might want to get hold on and there are already many theories going on this like using chirrut and putting many hots. Problem is most positive status effect giver empire toons like royal guard, general veers, snowtrooper are not arena top rank toons.

I would prefer Thrawn under Tarkin(Lead)
  • The "meta" is changing, and all shards are not the same. Not to mention looking at the top 5 combos for the #1 spot is a super selective list, and not one I'd be comfortable basing a zeta decision on.

• TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    theHejiN wrote: »
    I use
    rex(L)
    GK
    Thrawn
    DN
    R2

What doesn't work it's that team, sorry,

I run Tarkin lead, thrawn, kenobi, nihilus, desthtrooper, for me it's so important to have Thrawn zetaed on his unique not for anything this people are saying, you guarantee that thrawn will not be stunned or slowed ( the worse) so he can use his 40% added protection more times, yes its only when fractured, but most slows and stuns on offence come as early as possible, as well as stated, bill up some ofende on his mods and he hits pretty hard every counter with no chance to get debuffed, awesome ^_^
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    TofuMao wrote: »
    I use
    rex(L)
    GK
    Thrawn
    DN
    R2

I run Tarkin lead, thrawn, kenobi, nihilus, desthtrooper, for me it's so important to have Thrawn zetaed on his unique not for anything this people are saying, you guarantee that thrawn will not be stunned or slowed ( the worse) so he can use his 40% added protection more times, yes its only when fractured, but most slows and stuns on offence come as early as possible, as well as stated, bill up some ofende on his mods and he hits pretty hard every counter with no chance to get debuffed, awesome ^_^

Slow doesn't stack with his 50% down. So, under fracture, it's no big deal. What you should say is stun and daze. Just like I mentioned a few posts above.

The rest is solid and like I already stated, the resist to debuffs and guarantees crit is why the zeta works in arena and the 15% tm reduction is why it works so well in raids.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Olddumper wrote: »

Why would running Empire make his Zeta unique better @Olddumper ?

Simple version of it is: more empire toons equals more time fractured. This zeta makes Thrawn better while fractured.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »
    I use
    rex(L)
    GK
    Thrawn
    DN
    R2

Slow doesn't stack with his 50% down. So, under fracture, it's no big deal. What you should say is stun and daze. Just like I mentioned a few posts above.

The rest is solid and like I already stated, the resist to debuffs and guarantees crit is why the zeta works in arena and the 15% tm reduction is why it works so well in raids.

Not only he did get slowed when he had +50% tenacity, maybe the little I have built in him made it happen, he wouldn't counter 100% making him weaker ^_^
    Definitely in raids will be awesome but I can't get to try him because only 6* unlock, will have to be next time ^_^
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »
    I use
    rex(L)
    GK
    Thrawn
    DN
    R2

Not only he did get slowed when he had +50% tenacity, maybe the little I have built in him made it happen, he wouldn't counter 100% making him weaker ^_^
    Definitely in raids will be awesome but I can't get to try him because only 6* unlock, will have to be next time ^_^

The slow will still show up as a debuff, but it's overridden by the built-in 50% reduction. And ya, the 50% counter fail rate is awful. So the zeta really shines to always counter and to maximize resists of stun and daze.

You will love his 15% tm reduction in raids. It's a huge deal.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    I had a zeta waiting for him when I unlocked him so I've never used him without it.
  • theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    I use
    rex(L)
    GK
    Thrawn
    DN
    R2

So, should I invest in this zeta or not?
  • Fantasty
    78 posts Member
    His unique lets you solo Rancor on auto and solo P3 of haat. Other than for raids I wouldnt zeta it. But if you have a 7* Thrawn its definitely worth it.
  • WesTerallo
    90 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Arloth wrote: »

What? Think you need to reread his leader. It has nothing to do with buffs at all.

No sir, you need to reread his leader ability, specifically the zeta function. "Status effect" is either a buff or a debuff.