Uh, how do you defeat Shoretrooper under Thrawn lead?

Ok, it's Shoretrooper. I've never had an issue with this guy before, either dispel him or take him out first. But recently I've run into an unbeatable impossible to dispel Shoretrooper. Apparently his unique works with Thrawn's leader ability in that each time an empire ally clenses (whether they need to or not) it counts as an ability and heals him. Then Thrawn heals him.

Disepl the guy! Ok but he's always got multiple buffs on him thanks to either GK or someone else and activates taunt again. First I tried B2, I mean this guy is the dispeller of dispels. Nope. Ok, now B2 and Sun Fac. Nope nope. Alright, how about Nillus, B2, Sun fac, Baze and Chirrut? That's a nooooooope. With with all those dispels Shoretrooper never went more than a turn without his taunt up and was healed both health and protection wise every turn.

I think it's because it was a fast Shoretrooper, 210 speed. I've never seen ST that fast and that just helped his cooldowns so he had taunt and heals every single turn. I couldn't even get my speedy 200+ Nillus to survive long enough to annihilate him either, which was bizarre. Tips?
"When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Replies

• Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    I use a 210 shoretrooper under thrawn lead. I hope no one figures it out.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »
    I use a 210 shoretrooper under thrawn lead. I hope no one figures it out.

Hmm, my Shoretrooper is "only" 198.

I thought I was being silly making him so fast.

• Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Super speed thrawn and fracture him?
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Kissycat wrote: »
    Super speed thrawn and fracture him?

+1 thrawn under Tarkin lead, just too good
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    edited July 2017
  • Before all of y'all jump on me you need to realize that he's in our arena shard and doesn't wanna join our line chat. He constantly makes **** up and is 0% accurate with almost everything he post's. He's just looking for attention and y'all are feeding it to him..
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Re7icle wrote: »
    Before all of y'all jump on me you need to realize that he's in our arena shard and doesn't wanna join our line chat. He constantly makes **** up and is 0% accurate with almost everything he post's. He's just looking for attention and y'all are feeding it to him..

Haaaaaaah! This is awesomeness.

Let me grab my popcorn.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Tactyou
    756 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Pass the popcorn pls.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Before all of y'all jump on me you need to realize that he's in our arena shard and doesn't wanna join our line chat. He constantly makes **** up and is 0% accurate with almost everything he post's. He's just looking for attention and y'all are feeding it to him..

There is a private message system, why don't you try to communicate with the original poster instead of talking badly about them
  • Allenb60 wrote: »

There is a private message system, why don't you try to communicate with the original poster instead of talking badly about them

I'm not sure why Rec looks to stir up trouble on the forums here, attention I guess. Or he's bitter people don't play by his rules. Their group is pretty miffed they had to change their entire team comps when I hopped back into the top bracket without asking their permission on line, taking a break from droids until Zaul/Rex leads die down. Maybe it's entitlement? Just ignore him and he'll go away.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Allenb60 wrote: »

U should have sent this to him in a private message...lol
  • Re7icle wrote: »

Huh? Are you talking about the OP? He is asking a normal question. Nobody is obligated to join your chat. I really hope they will figure out a way to "fix" them, so the game can go back to being the strongest stays at the top, not "ok uh I will get my rewards in an hour, don't beat me".
  • JinSaotome wrote: »

I'm not sure why Rec looks to stir up trouble on the forums here, attention I guess. Or he's bitter people don't play by his rules. Their group is pretty miffed they had to change their entire team comps when I hopped back into the top bracket without asking their permission on line, taking a break from droids until Zaul/Rex leads die down. Maybe it's entitlement? Just ignore him and he'll go away.

remember when you spent two months complaining about how your droids couldn't take #1 anymore and ranting about how the devs refused to favor your team of choice
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    JinSaotome wrote: »

remember when you spent two months complaining about how your droids couldn't take #1 anymore and ranting about how the devs refused to favor your team of choice

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Nihilus is a pretty great character I hear.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    pac0naut wrote: »

Hahahahahaha
  • American
    394 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Dn basic removes taunt. Also,I hear thrawn can fracture a taunter making them think twice nice time about taking one for the team
  • xReDeMpx
    1690 posts Member
    Nebulous wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »

Hahahahahaha

Freaking lol
  • JinSaotome wrote: »

Actually I remember when you spent the last two years following me around the forums like a little puppy barking for attention, heheheh :wink:
  • Looks like fracture was the best way to beat this 12th node nightmare team. I was able to kill ST and lose a dark side team them easily finish them off with droids.