Galactic War

Replies

  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Actually, Dooku is really not that bad to handle in GW compared to PvP, because you have no time limit and can strategize against him.
    However, you have a team that is not very well geared towards him. You want characters that hit hard and preferably that stun. A stunned Dooku is a dead Dooku.
    Ironically your best bet against him is to use your own.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Early on the galactic War seemed balanced and challenging. While I was able to complete the war I only did so by losing 2-3 characters along the way. Now that I am level 46, however, I have found by mid point I am being paired with full level 60 5-6* gear level 7-8 squads. These are impossible to beat as a level 46 with the gear level caps. I play with 4-5* max geared squads but when they get hit for 4k+ damage there is nothing you can do to counter.

    I do hope there is a fix coming for this. It should be difficult but not impossible.
  • As per dev: "Galactic War is a bit all over the place right now. We are looking at tuning how you get opponents" ...so there's hope it will get better!
  • Hey Barsh, I think you're on the same server as I am. Yeah, I have run into that the past few days. trying to assemble a force to deal with that and try to maintain arena position has been really difficult at this level. I don't know about you, but trying to assemble enough training droids, enough cash to train characters, and enough mats to upgrade characters is really killing me.

    I did post in Bugs and Issues about this problem. I don't mind a challenge, but a level 60 team just wipes you out before you even get a turn. And running into 50+ teams early just depletes you for the long run.
  • What's up Kabbage,

    Yep, kinda need that galactic War for the credits and training mats. It looks like they are aware though, so hopefully it will be addressed soon.

    See ya in the arena ;)

  • I only recently unlocked GW, and was excited to try it. My second battle consisted of a team I couldn't beat, so I'm waiting to reset.
  • think EA fixed it, mine was roughly +2 of my level on the last stage and icon was still blue so more or less gear V>VI and I'm level 47
  • Im2awesome... i haven't won GW once since the very first time I opened it up. Today I barely got 400 tokens. Haha.
  • spam luminara till 7* painfully slow and agonizing but hoping it's worth
  • How do you reset Galactic Wars? In the rules it states that you can reset Galactic Wars once a day but it's been 4 days now and it hasn't reset and I've missed out on lots of loot.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Arsis wrote: »
    Im2awesome... i haven't won GW once since the very first time I opened it up. Today I barely got 400 tokens. Haha.

    Yea its rough out there! Today was the first day i finally cleared it since seeing lvl60s. Lowest level i saw today was a 58. I just got lucky though especially with the last battle. They only had 4 heroes in their lineup! :smiley:
    ~ im2awesome ~ FC: 516-518-889
    "There can only be one, I will be the one!" - Jet Li

  • The bottom left button should be restart when you're at the galactic wars table
  • I hope so, I'll find out when I can reset. My second battle was against a team 5 levels above me
  • Just got put up against a full purple lvl 60 team as a lvl 44... So definitely not fixed yet
  • Toolio wrote: »
    Just got put up against a full purple lvl 60 team as a lvl 44... So definitely not fixed yet

    ouch, guess I got lucky today and mine didnt glitch
  • Alatar
    81 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Level 47. Hit a level 60 squad today - definitely not fixed. That said, I did beat the level 60 squad by throwing low level dudes at it, doing some damage, retreating, replacing dead low level dudes with new low level dudes, repeat, then cleaning up with my A team. ;)
  • Level 44. My 6th fight was against a level 52 team with Bariss, Luminara, Dooku, Lando and Old Daka. Dooku was 4* the others were 5*. No way past for my team. Previous to this the teams before have focus fired my healers into oblivion.
  • since day one of unlocking GW I've cleared it every reset. But tonight I came across a full level 51 4-5* team. This team is the 6th battle and kinda unfair in my opinion. Teams that outweight your squad should be near the end or at least the very last, as I feel I could beat this team but I'll have to bring in multiple teams. Bobafett, Barriss, JC, Biggs, and asajj(only 5*)
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • We have experienced ninja updates (server side updates) since soft launch. There seem to be some silent changes to Galactic War recently.

    As a level 60, my 1st round is with a level 44, followed by gradually stronger opponents till the 6th fight, where anyone my power level (20k) is used as an opponent for fight 6,7,8.

    What used to happen was I would get easy fights against AIs random teams for fight 9,10,11,12. Kind of like a reward for surviving the 3 back to back crazy fights at 6,7,8.

    Now, I get an easy AI at fight 9
    A top ranking opponent at fight 10,
    Another easy AI at fight 11,
    Another top ranking opponent at fight 12
    (when I use top ranking, it refers to one of the monsters within top 50 at least, usually people with multiple 6/7*)

    It seems to me that they are still trying to come out with the best formula for galactic war. So I end up failing at fight 6/7/8 on some days, and suddenly the formula would change and I'll win the whole map for another few days, before "hard mode" sets in again from another ninja update.
  • SeroZero wrote: »
    It seems to me that they are still trying to come out with the best formula for galactic war. So I end up failing at fight 6/7/8 on some days, and suddenly the formula would change and I'll win the whole map for another few days, before "hard mode" sets in again from another ninja update.


    Or it is simply a random match formula. The simple basis of probability means that a few fights from one person aren't indicative of the formula if there is a random component to the formula. Based on multiple posts it seems the formula needs tweaking unless it is meant to be this random.
  • Yes. 44 ran into a stacked 54 team on battle 7. Didn't stand a chance.
  • I am 41 and done GW (all encounters 3 * except one).
    Depends on your luck , squad formation and money spent.
  • Skye
    794 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    The thing is you will encounter groups which you are NOT suppose to beat with one attempt... This is by design based on information floating around about the game mode and also my own experience...

    When you find a very strong node, your best bet is to bench your primary team, and bring in a secondary team.. The purpose of the secondary team is to soften the node for your primary team... So your main goal is to take out at least one of the opponents, ideally more. Once you do that, then you go back and you clear the node with your primary team... You'll find the node is now weakened by your previous group.

    You may need more than one secondary team if it is a very very high node...

    The mode is in a way designed to encourage you to expand all of your roster, not just a select few characters. So if you been leveling up around 15 or more characters, you should be ok..

    If you just been leveling only 5 or 6 characters at the expense of others, you are going to be hurting yourself til you level up the rest of your roster
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

    Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    There is a lot of strategy in this game mode which is why it is amazing. Keep close track of your characters' health and cooldowns. Swap them in and out as needed.
    Examples:
    - If someone is near death pull them. Put them back in at the end of a fight when you are only facing one slow "meatbag" character like Barriss. (Do NOT do this if there's a Dooku still up, he will go first and kill your guy.)
    - If a character's special is not needed, yank them.
    - Put in a Chewie, use his taunt, soak up a bunch of specials, then yank him.
    - Drag out the end of a fight to restore cooldowns. If I am left with just a Barriss or Chewie, I actually will intentionally pull my Dooku, Sideous and Asajj so it takes longer for him to die (unless those need cooldown regen).
    - Put in a secondary healer near the end of a fight if you need a heal, to preserve a primary healer's heal for the next fight. Then bring the secondary healer back in late in the next fight to regen his cooldown.
    Etc... I discover new tricks every day. I was relatively lucky today, only lost my Chewie to a very high-offense team 4 levels above me. Everyone else finished at full health and full cooldowns.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Left upper corner, gear icon, retreat, swap characters, repeat.

    Haven't not finished a GW yet.

    As noted above, GW is designed for a lot of characters to be used. It requires a distinctly different strategy and is a different style of game play. I am actually really glad EA created this.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    There is a lot of strategy in this game mode which is why it is amazing. Keep close track of your characters' health and cooldowns. Swap them in and out as needed.
    Examples:
    - If someone is near death pull them. Put them back in at the end of a fight when you are only facing one slow "meatbag" character like Barriss. (Do NOT do this if there's a Dooku still up, he will go first and kill your guy.)
    - If a character's special is not needed, yank them.
    - Put in a Chewie, use his taunt, soak up a bunch of specials, then yank him.
    - Drag out the end of a fight to restore cooldowns. If I am left with just a Barriss or Chewie, I actually will intentionally pull my Dooku, Sideous and Asajj so it takes longer for him to die (unless those need cooldown regen).
    - Put in a secondary healer near the end of a fight if you need a heal, to preserve a primary healer's heal for the next fight. Then bring the secondary healer back in late in the next fight to regen his cooldown.
    Etc... I discover new tricks every day. I was relatively lucky today, only lost my Chewie to a very high-offense team 4 levels above me. Everyone else finished at full health and full cooldowns.

    Pull a character mid battle? Is there such a thing?
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Retreat button. Yes there really is a button
  • well, the exploit is plugged!
  • Explain? I never thought this was an exploit, actually... and it seemed like a reasonable counterbalance to the ridiculous mismatches the mode constantly gives. How does it work now?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • CptKloss
    110 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    they have removed the retreat button...simple... yeah being able to retreat after the enemy blew major abilities and immediately rejoin does not sound like an intended mechanic
Sign In or Register to comment.