Speed Help

For my arena team I made Rex speed 186 and Chirrut 183 so Rex could go first and give buffs to everyone, giving Chirrut double damage on his special. However, Chirrut keeps going before Rex and I am at a lost here.

Replies

• Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Do you have Baze too? Whenever Baze uses his basic attack Chirrut gains 10% turn meter
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Plus if you're running Rex lead if any of your team gets hit by a critical hit before your Rex/Chirrut go they gain TM thanks to Rex's lead.
  • No I have a Wedge lead and I do have Baze. Does Chirrut still get the turn meter if Baze counter attacks?
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    No I have a Wedge lead and I do have Baze. Does Chirrut still get the turn meter if Baze counter attacks?

Yes
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Chirrut also gets TM when he counter attacks and crits under Wedge.
  • So should I make Chirrut slower? I can take some mods off of him and give it to Rex to speed him up
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    So should I make Chirrut slower? I can take some mods off of him and give it to Rex to speed him up

I mean. Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Personally, I would just stick with Fast Rex and fast Chirrut. Is there a reason you want Rex to cleanse first? Is it against a zVader team?

If that is the case, then yes. Fastest Rex Possible. But if he doesn't outspeed their SA, zSid and zVader, it can't be helped.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Won't matter on defense as Rex will only buff if a removable debuff exists on his team. Offense is easy. Set your team for how the AI will play it to maximize your chances at holding rank.
  • ExarTheKun wrote: »
    So should I make Chirrut slower? I can take some mods off of him and give it to Rex to speed him up

I mean. Depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Personally, I would just stick with Fast Rex and fast Chirrut. Is there a reason you want Rex to cleanse first? Is it against a zVader team?

If that is the case, then yes. Fastest Rex Possible. But if he doesn't outspeed their SA, zSid and zVader, it can't be helped.
    Kind of like ST Han, I want him to go first and give turn meter to have everyone go first, and then everyone is buffed.

• ExarTheKun wrote: »

Kind of like ST Han, I want him to go first and give turn meter to have everyone go first, and then everyone is buffed.

In that case, what's the problem with Chirrut going before Rex, and then Rex goes and boosts Chirruts TM, so he can get another turn sooner?
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    Because Chirrut's special relies on his teammates being buffed. So you wouldn't want to use it if he goes first, which means you have to wait for his second attack to use his most powerful attack. Whereas, if Rex goes first, Rex gives everyone TU, making Chirrut's first attack a whopper.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • I figured out that if I put Cassian instead of Rex then I get buffs everywhere right off the bat. Not as good a a character as Rex, but still solid.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Your setup is not ideal unless you never face a pre taunt, or jedi team.

I would have chirrut go first, it allows you to put tenacity up and save squad discipline for the second round of attacks. This will also open up targets for chirrut with 5 buffs. Imo.