Has anyone used Gar Saxon lead in arena?

Looking to here from the community if Gar is worth gearing up or even using as a lead somewhere in this game. Given thrawn has counter attacks it should work well with Gar. Thinking he should be farmable soon. Also what about commando?

Replies

• Options
    I have used both gar and comando in arena and as far as worth resources if just for arena then no. As it is atm they just arnt great at arena. With so many better leaders for empire in arena zader palps tarkin to name a few. Thay being said they can be quite fun. I run them in gw alot for fun. I say level them and gear them a litte and try them erly nodes of gw and see if you like them
    If you enjoy them then for you yes they are worth the resources.
  • Options
    SITHPLAGUE wrote: »
    I have used both gar and comando in arena and as far as worth resources if just for arena then no. As it is atm they just arnt great at arena. With so many better leaders for empire in arena zader palps tarkin to name a few. Thay being said they can be quite fun. I run them in gw alot for fun. I say level them and gear them a litte and try them erly nodes of gw and see if you like them
    If you enjoy them then for you yes they are worth the resources.

Thank you! I was afraid of dumping too much resources into them. I'll try them out in gw
  • Options
    I believe they will be competent in the future (Arena-wise), specially with Thrawn now in the game, but Gar's leardership has plenty of counters. That many attacks could probably feed TM to Maul and Rex teams. R2's stealth will make it hard as well.
    For GW both seem pretty good. I think their potential lies in the HAAT. I will take the risk and farm them/gear them up once they become available. I mean, Ima Gun Di's Jedi team does well in P1 and 3. Can't see why Empire wouldn't do better. Paired with heavy hitters like Krennic, Thrawn or Palpatine, plus the contant AoE and multi-attacks would make it viable in the very least. Personally, I think they'll be more than just viable.