Interview with Lukas from The Alliance after “State of the Galaxy”

ljcool110
501 posts Member
Just wanted to let you all know that I interviewed Lukas from The Alliance after yesterday's published “State of the Galaxy” doc was released. There was some perceived drama around it which is addressed in the interview. I will let you all draw your own conclusions.

> SWGoH: Interview with Lukas from The Alliance after “State of the Galaxy”

Replies

• Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Perfect. Hopefully, they will listen and do something, that is if this thread doesn't get deleted. I urge all to read the letter and comment so we can show a united front.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Senate's, interviews and press releases!?!?! Give it a rest chaps
  • Options
    What is the alliance and why should I care?
  • nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    Options
    Darknessie wrote: »

Ahem, it helps to read ;)
  • Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    Options

Because they are trying to change the game for the better. Maybe this will get a response or improve comms.
  • Options
    Iyaoyas wrote: »

Because they are trying to change the game for the better. Maybe this will get a response or improve comms.

But who are they? This letter could just be from some dude bored at home eating pizza.

• nite0wl29
    412 posts Member
    Options

But who are they? This letter could just be from some dude bored at home eating pizza.

Click on the link and read it. Everything is explained in there. Then ask questions.
  • Iyaoyas
    120 posts Member
    Options
    If you read the link, they represent 56 or so guilds.

They are a group of 54 guilds so that's a lot of players, and I would imagine a lot of money spent.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    What do you have against pizza?
  • Crazylazyguy
    1786 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Ok, so I ran through the interview(might have skipped a couple of lines, sorry about that) and the 2 main things that were discussed, were "New content" and "Lack of communication". I didn't exactly understand the point of this "Alliance" but I think it's some type of a group where people come together and discuss/complain about certain aspect of the game?

Well let me start with my response about the first issue - New Content. I don't understand why do people keep on discussing this over and over again. We were told that we will be getting a new game mode, we don't know exactly when, but the assumption was with the current update. So we are still waiting. I am not sure why do people keep on pushing on this, when we are already told that it's coming.

Ok next issue - Communication. I can't say much about this, I don't really understand what people mean by communication. Is it EA telling us about the new game mode, is it EA responding to everybody's whim, what is it? My guess about them staying quite about new game modes and events is that they just want to make it a secret and a bit more exciting. And the people who complain about this, need to learn how to be patient. If it's the latter - responding to "I want that, I want this", it's not how it works. There are thousands of people giving suggestions, they can't just develop anything you want. That's why there are game designers. If they were bad at their job, this game wouldn't have been so popular.

That's my opinion on the matter. Good job on the interview and on the effort you made to organize it and write it down.
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    Sounds like a pretentious 12 year old to me. Grow up
  • Bobby777
    614 posts Member
    Options

:lol:
  • ljcool110
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Xlor1 wrote: »
    Senate's, interviews and press releases!?!?! Give it a rest chaps

10 million downloads. Say what you will but this is more than just a game...
  • CameronD
    150 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Look who sounds like a 12 year old. If you care about something and it's going downhill, then you should do something about it. They calmly and collectivley, organized and wrote down there thoughts and opinions of the community, on a very well formatted paper and submitted the document to CG that's all. They didn't complain they did what they deemed necessary for them to see change. If you actually cared about this game you'd support a movement like this. I do!
    Post edited by Mageduckey on
  • ljcool110
    501 posts Member
    Options
    This thread of discussion is a microcosm of the game as a whole and the perspectives of those who play it. You have one group who say "this is just a game" and another who take it much more seriously. I, for one, am a bit of both. I enjoy this game more than any game I have ever played in my life, but at the end of the day it is just a game. However, my site (and more than just that, you guys) show me each day that this is much bigger than "just a game" based on the strong opinions, the desire for more content and the clicks.
  • Options
    ljcool110 wrote: »
    This thread of discussion is a microcosm of the game as a whole and the perspectives of those who play it. You have one group who say "this is just a game" and another who take it much more seriously. I, for one, am a bit of both. I enjoy this game more than any game I have ever played in my life, but at the end of the day it is just a game. However, my site (and more than just that, you guys) show me each day that this is much bigger than "just a game" based on the strong opinions, the desire for more content and the clicks.

The thing is, game modes can't appear just by snapping your fingers. The difference between designing and making a new character and making a new game mode is enormous. Everyone is free to give their suggestions and I've actually seen games, that implemented some of the players suggestions because they were well thought. But this is usually not the case. When you make a suggestion, you do it from your point of view(ha see what I did there), not from the point of view of the low-level player, mid-low, mid, mid-high, high. That's why there are people who are hired for this job. They think outside the box and they try different things before finding something that would work for everybody.
  • Xlor1
    107 posts Member
    Options
    CameronD wrote: »
    Look who sounds like a 12 year old. If you care about something and it's going downhill, then you should do something about it. They calmly and collectivley, organized and wrote down there thoughts and opinions of the community, on a very well formatted paper and submitted the document to CG that's all. They didn't Bi*ch and complain they did what they deemed necessary for them to see change. If you actually cared about this game you'd support a movement like this. I do!
    I don't. It's pathetic
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    It's a way to let the devs know what the players are thinking about the game. We all love this game so when players aren't happy and see in our guilds and other various chats people quitting and saying they are bored then it's good to let them know how we feel. Many guilds came together so that it's hard to ignore and not just random dude in the basement complaining.

Both players and devs want this game to be as awesome as it can be and then some so communication like this is important.
  • Options
    The statement by "The Alliance" was very childish. The groups they claim are members are playing on maxed accounts, and do not represent the entire player base. Trying to strongarm CG into spontaneously making content appear is ridiculous. The only people who care about your "Senate" voted on is you. Stop claiming you represent the rest of us, because you absolutely do not.
  • Options
    atunasushi wrote: »
    The statement by "The Alliance" was very childish. The groups they claim are members are playing on maxed accounts, and do not represent the entire player base. Trying to strongarm CG into spontaneously making content appear is ridiculous. The only people who care about your "Senate" voted on is you. Stop claiming you represent the rest of us, because you absolutely do not.

My guild is one of the guilds represented and although we have a few members who spend money on the game most of the guild are f2p.

Some of us have been playing a few months some for over a year no one is anywhere near having a maxed out account and half the guild are not even level 85 and we agree with the points raised and can say the Alliance is representative for most player types playing the game.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Who is Lukas?
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Options
    USAmazing wrote: »
    Who is Lukas?

He is the representative of The Alliance - per the article. I tried to address this topic of who they are in the article to ensure people would better understand it all.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    Copy and paste the article here... I make a habit of not following links to other sites.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Pahnub
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Man there are some ignorant comments in this thread. No one is demanding the new content appear immediately. The issue is the complete silence on the new content. It's easy to say "hey we're working on something, it's gonna be like this, we'll have more details on this date." And keep the community up-to-date like that. Also they could, you know acknowledge long existing bugs, like the raid tickets and provide some sort of update if it's being worked on etc. As far as who Lukas is, he represents a fairly large alliance that has suffered quite a few losses from the June 10th debacle, as many guilds did.
  • ljcool110
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Copy and paste the article here... I make a habit of not following links to other sites.

Many sites, including major news outlets, do not allow copying and pasting of an article's entire contents on a forum site.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Options
    ljcool110 wrote: »

Many sites, including major news outlets, do not allow copying and pasting of an article's entire contents on a forum site.

Well then... you could paraphrase some of it. Just don't expect everyone here to go read it.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Tman
    257 posts Member
    Options
    Blah, Blah, Blah, Etc., Etc., Etc, and Complaints I didn't click but I know what it is. Just be thankful for 1 doggone min.
    I am more powerful than the Chancellor- Anikan Skywalker and Tman
  • Gank_Killer
    1817 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    It is very important to note the difference between a new game "mode" and new game "backgrounds".
    So far all of the new events are literally just new backgrounds with a different number of levels. My book says that's not new content, just artwork. Me being the critic that I am, artwork doesn't mean jack.
    edit: new event "skills" don't count as new content either.
  • Options
    It's a legal issue. Companies have increasingly clammed up about new games and/or content because when they comment about any releases and don't deliver, it creates bad publicity and even lawsuits in some cases. To avoid risking such issues, they choose to keep things very "hush hush".

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

In an age embracing transparency, I think they should communicate openly and accept failures with dignity; focusing remedying the situation rather than damage control. Rockstar is proof that despite bad publicity, game makers can still flourish when they focus on material over media.
  • ljcool110
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Just posted the interview with Jolly Roger of The Resistance server on Discord for those interested.