Ally Points

T4NM4N26
124 posts Member
What's the point of having them? I know, bronzium packs but what's the point? As a level 85 player, all I want from bronzium packs is purple gear, shards, and characters. I don't need all the white and green or even blue gear! I kid you not, I just spent the last 15 minutes hitting skip and buy again on the bronzium packs. I spent over 25k ally points and what did I get? 2 purple gear items, 14 character shards, and NOT ONE CHARACTER! Why even show the characters if it's not going to happen?! 100 packs I just opened, and only 16 that I can use...16%!! Come on! I've spent my money on your packs, I've been grinding for gear and characters for the past 4 months, at least give me something I can use...
Does this happen to everyone? Or am I just hated? Lol

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It's a plot against you. :wink:

I don't track my odds that specific, but I have spent time burning through them when I needed **** currency. I feel like I had good drops of shards.

It's a free drop so I don't expect much, I would be happy with 16%.
  • Yah its free so its just nice to occaisionally get shard shop shards from it and the occaisional useful gear. Better question: Why would they want add more free things? Personally i think every toon should be available via bronzium 6 months after release (exceptfor those special fea that have special requirements to get)
  • T4NM4N26
    124 posts Member
    Yah its free so its just nice to occaisionally get shard shop shards from it and the occaisional useful gear. Better question: Why would they want add more free things? Personally i think every toon should be available via bronzium 6 months after release (exceptfor those special fea that have special requirements to get)

I agree. I have no issue with prestigious characters or gear being hard to get such as GK or Grievous. But what about characters like Gar Saxon or Imperial Commando? No one uses those characters, make them free. I understand buying packs is how they get money. A 6 month waiting period though is too long for a lot of people though. People who are already spending money on characters will still buy them, but that also gives FTP players the opportunity to obtain all the characters, but at a very delayed rate.
  • It seems the drop rates are a little different now. In the past i was seeing an average of a toon shard drop at every 6k and a full toon around 18k. I was actually seeing better than average for a while, then I started seeing way lower than average numbers after the duplicate toon drop update happened.

I just did 32k ally points and saw 1 toon drop and 10 single character shard drop, so my average was actually not bad.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Drop rates seem the same as when people were tracking thousands of drops. RNG is random.

Just burnt 46k points, got about 20 loose shards and a further 5 full characters: Chewie, JC, JKG, and 2*snowtrooper. According to the old stats that means I got lucky, but not abnormally so. Just as the OP got unlucky, but not abnormally so.