Power Update

Alright, firstly I'd like to point out how unwarranted this update was. Nobody was complaining about power levels not correctly showing the effectiveness of a squad. We all were fine with the way it was and the change has only made it more difficult to distinguish good squads from bad squads. For example my gear 11 Zaul now has less power rating than my gear 10 Zeta Jyn. Also I don't have numerical proof but it seems like one of two things has happened with this update. I was using a Zaul lead with a speedy Sassy, Zavage, Nihilus, and EP. Nothing too special but it usually held top 50 at the very least if I hadn't logged in for a day or two. I logged back in after the update on IOS and I was ranked at 158. How would that have happened if all they changed was how the power rating was calculated. To my knowledge no stats were actually changed and my squad should have been able to hold rank the same way it was prior to the update. So one of two things must have happened. They did in fact change stats on toons, or they increase damage from other toons. I tested it out on squads that I used to demolish with this squad 10/10 times and now they deal what seems like twice as much damage and I don't deal anywhere near as much damage. I've since gotten my rank back up but I'm wondering how many others have had this happen to them as well.

Replies

• Vorgen
    254 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Prepare to drop more than usual on pvp guild activity day which is now (Saturday going into Sunday). I know u will say you didn't drop that much during last pvp guild activity day but that doesn't mean you shouldn't today either. I know I have on occasion dropped 40-60 spots on pvp days and I usually end at ~20 at my daily payout. On non pvp days I normally don't drop more than 15-20 spots. So I wouldn't necessarily attribute your unusual ranking drop to the power update. It could just be one of those pvp days people are active. Since pretty much no team holds on defense any more, if people are doing their battles, you will drop rank.
  • Vorgen wrote: »
    Prepare to drop more than usual on pvp guild activity day which is now (Saturday going into Sunday). I know u will say you didn't drop that much during last pvp guild activity day but that doesn't mean you shouldn't today either. I know I have on occasion dropped 40-60 spots on pvp days and I usually end at ~20 at my daily payout. On non pvp days I normally don't drop more than 15-20 spots. So I wouldn't necessarily attribute your unusual ranking drop to the power update. It could just be one of those pvp days people are active. Since pretty much no team holds on defense any more, if people are doing their battles, you will drop rank.

Normally this would make sense but it's not like PVP days only started with this update. They have been around for months so I would have experienced this at least once prior to this update. Thank you for the input but the update is the only change in this situation.