anything new about the heroes journey?

It has been a couple of months since we were sugested something big about luke and we were given the chance to farm him. What now? Any idea? Until when do we have to wait?
If you have any piece of information...Only facts please

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    They said august.
  • TofuMao
    630 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    They said august.

+1 it said in the devs update when flash events were introduced, you can go and check back on their threads.
  • I guess there will be a new game mode, where the farm boy is one of the required character.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I guess there will be a new game mode, where the farm boy is one of the required character.

While this is a possibility, you are crossing up ideas. The new content seems like it will reward a full roster, but they started us on the journey that the theory is will end with us getting Jedi Luke.
  • RushForGoals
    111 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I guess there will be a new game mode, where the farm boy is one of the required character.

While this is a possibility, you are crossing up ideas. The new content seems like it will reward a full roster, but they started us on the journey that the theory is will end with us getting Jedi Luke.

Seriously mate, where did the devs actually mentioned "Jedi Luke"? I don't recall any or am I missing something?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Seriously mate, where did the devs actually mentioned "Jedi Luke"? I don't recall any or am I missing something?

Hence the "the theory" part.

They called his hero's journey, what other journey did luke take.....
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/112405/game-update-5-23-2017#latest

Quote from said update:
    Use these gifts to help Luke prepare for his Hero's Journey as he embarks on the path to become a member of the forgotten Jedi Order.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Ahh, I get it. I missed the theory part.

Actually I hope to see Jedi Luke makes an appearance as playable character. However I think Luke has plenty of journeys before he became a jedi eventually (E6 - Return of the jedi in the movies). I don't really think we'll see a playable Jedi Luke in August. That's just my opinion. :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Ahh, I get it. I missed the theory part.

Actually I hope to see Jedi Luke makes an appearance as playable character. However I think Luke has plenty of journeys before he became a jedi eventually (E6 - Return of the jedi in the movies). I don't really think we'll see a playable Jedi Luke in August. That's just my opinion. :)

Yeah, I hold out hope, but agree I think we will just get another step in the process or maybe some more information.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Long story short: No, no new information.

A million zillion new rumors and superstitions and people making wild claims that we've all forgotten already, but don't worry because once the nutter who made the wild shot in the dark claim that turns out to be right--they'll crow about having known it all along and being a supergenius instead of just super lucky.

Which is why I'm saying, here and now, that on August 19th, 2017, they will do a flash event for 1 hour only at noon of your local time that will give you the chance to unlock Jedi Luke if you can beat the event on all three difficulties. You will need four Ewoks and Farmboy Luke, all at 7*, to complete the final tier of the event. Each tier will give 100 shards, and Luke'll be the login character for that month and that's how you get the other 30. Previous legendary characters unlock at 145 shards, but Luke will only unlock at 330 shards immediately at 7*. Book it.

(Oh, man, I can't wait for someone to misquote this somewhere and someone else to believe it, then a month from now read dumb rumors that this is real......)
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »

A million zillion new rumors and superstitions and people making wild claims that we've all forgotten already, but don't worry because once the nutter who made the wild shot in the dark claim that turns out to be right--they'll crow about having known it all along and being a supergenius instead of just super lucky.

Which is why I'm saying, here and now, that on August 19th, 2017, they will do a flash event for 1 hour only at noon of your local time that will give you the chance to unlock Jedi Luke if you can beat the event on all three difficulties. You will need four Ewoks and Farmboy Luke, all at 7*, to complete the final tier of the event. Each tier will give 100 shards, and Luke'll be the login character for that month and that's how you get the other 30. Previous legendary characters unlock at 145 shards, but Luke will only unlock at 330 shards immediately at 7*. Book it.

(Oh, man, I can't wait for someone to misquote this somewhere and someone else to believe it, then a month from now read dumb rumors that this is real......)

Love this :)
  • https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/112405/game-update-5-23-2017#latest

Quote from said update:
    Use these gifts to help Luke prepare for his Hero's Journey as he embarks on the path to become a member of the forgotten Jedi Order.

Plot twist: this is actually a hint about Episode 8, wherein (according to the quote) we discover that Luke has actually been searching for the origins and history of a long-forgotten, other Jedi Order which he wishes for Rey to follow. Order of the Grey Jedi, anybody?
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    You know it's going to be all this build up to get X-Wing Luke.

EA gonna be like, "Well that is the next step on his journey to be a hero...and there's clearly not enough Rebels in the game. Maybe NEXT August"

Forums implode.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    You should start working on your Rogue 1 characters. Without them there would be a journey for Luke as he could not blow up the Death Star.

If you start with Baze now you should have him 7* in just a year!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Osh wrote: »
    You know it's going to be all this build up to get X-Wing Luke.
    I know this is meant as a joke, but I'd be stoked if Red-5 was the payoff here. Two reasons:
    1) I genuinely enjoy ships.
    2) Can't have a Death Star raid without Red-5!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CEG9876
    355 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Well you might think that the rumors are wrong.
    But, I can say with 100% confidence that there will be a flash event in August.
    :wink:
    You are all welcome for my vast knowledge
  • Omeah wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/112405/game-update-5-23-2017#latest

Quote from said update:

Plot twist: this is actually a hint about Episode 8, wherein (according to the quote) we discover that Luke has actually been searching for the origins and history of a long-forgotten, other Jedi Order which he wishes for Rey to follow. Order of the Grey Jedi, anybody?

That would be pretty hard since Grey Jedi don't exist

If they brought back Thrawn they can ring bring back Grey Jedi