Yoda Event

Replies

• Options
    You will be able to do stages 1-4
    And when you have 5* you can do stage 5
    And if in a few months you have 7* you can do stage 6 and 7
    The event stays open for a week so whatever you can get in that time you can use
    Atleast this is what I assume
  • Options
    I'll bet you get one shot a day, day 1 you need 5x1* Jedi and get one chance at it. So by day 5 we need the 5x5* to unlock, giving us a buffer of 2 days if we're not already there! I should have my 5 by day 6.
  • Options
    bleeaauuh wrote: »
    You will be able to do stages 1-4
    And when you have 5* you can do stage 5
    And if in a few months you have 7* you can do stage 6 and 7
    The event stays open for a week so whatever you can get in that time you can use
    Atleast this is what I assume

Thx
  • Options
    The event will be open until March 15th.
  • Options
    Fenrir823 wrote: »
    The event will be open until March 15th.

No it's open for 1 week, there's a mistake on the All store
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ye, that's what the patch notes say.
    So I hope you have 5x 5star jedi's ;) Even if you buy the really cool jedi pack you probably won't be able to get enough shards to upgrade them all to 5 stars in one week.
  • Options
    HI
    DO you know how many time the event will repeat?
    I just heard that it will be a week then stop till next month but still
    not sure if it will repeat for 1,2or3 time
    cheers
  • Options
    zophos1 wrote: »
    HI
    DO you know how many time the event will repeat?
    I just heard that it will be a week then stop till next month but still
    not sure if it will repeat for 1,2or3 time
    cheers

The event is going to probably run for a long time until Yoda is either added to chromiums or somewhere else which makes him accessible, there is no way they will rob players of getting Yoda just because they were not there for the event times.

My guess is event will run once a month or twice a month if they're feeling generous.
  • DefinitivePoeCounter
    287 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm in a generous mood once again and have too much time on my hands, but someone on reddit, /u/tharos_mt datamined the patch and a good friend on reddit /u/throwingawaythetv contacted me, so here it goes.

Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/457wrg/new_patch_raw_datamining/

Farm Yoda, he has 163 speed with his last gear. And Rex has 140 speed which is good as well.

So tl;dr You need Yoda to be competitive, if you don't you'll be sorry.
  • Options
    Yoda + qgj lead = a new meta is born
    Dooku will become popular again as well because of this.

I assume QGJ (lead), Yoda, Dooku, X, Y will become the new fotm.
  • Options
    163 speed? This is just godly. Can not be referred to as "overpowered", because it is Yoda (who must be godly powered), but of course he will be a must to compete.
  • Options
    Oh god.. I bet yoda+quigon will be dreadful even at 5 stars..
  • Options
    So the new char who steals enemy buffs so guaranteed to go 1st before the enemy has any buffs?

Sounds pretty OP :wink:
    Guide to Beating Galactic War from Team Instinct
    TeamInstinct.net -- Community Site and Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    Maybe the new meta will be oneshotting old ben then follow up with yoda stealing all the buffs gg.
  • Options
    This is why I won't drop money in the Jedi pack just pursue Yoda this month. I'll wait until next month, once Yoda has been in play and EA/CH has nerfed him. At least that way I know what the finished product will look like before I buy. :)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Rheen wrote: »
    So the new char who steals enemy buffs so guaranteed to go 1st before the enemy has any buffs?

Who cares about buff steals when I can give the entire team foresight.
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

He is guaranteed to have foresight first turn. In this case the player whose Yoda loses a coin toss wins: second Yoda steals foresight from the first Yoda on turn one, and the team of the second Yoda wins unless hit immediately by Sid aoe to remove foresight.gonna be fun :)
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

Who cares about buff steals when I can give the entire team foresight.

:)
  • Options
    PeterPwn wrote: »
    If you are:

Over 50% health = Yoda is undamageable
    Under 50% health = you're stunned

How are you supposed to even hurt this guy until your entire team is almost dead?!

W8 ,W8, W8, I can't damage Yoda when MY health is over 50%? And when it falls under that mark my toon gets stunned?? ****? Where's that ftom? Source pls!
  • Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »

He is guaranteed to have foresight first turn. In this case the player whose Yoda loses a coin toss wins: second Yoda steals foresight from the first Yoda on turn one, and the team of the second Yoda wins unless hit immediately by Sid aoe to remove foresight.gonna be fun :)

Ataru also gives turn-meter, whichever Yoda goes first will actually be able to put the whole team foresight before the second one. And it doesn't steal, it duplicates the effect.
  • SfsJazz
    36 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Vodo wrote: »
    PeterPwn wrote: »
    If you are:

Over 50% health = Yoda is undamageable
    Under 50% health = you're stunned

How are you supposed to even hurt this guy until your entire team is almost dead?!

W8 ,W8, W8, I can't damage Yoda when MY health is over 50%? And when it falls under that mark my toon gets stunned?? ****? Where's that ftom? Source pls![
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Ataru also gives turn-meter, whichever Yoda goes first will actually be able to put the whole team foresight before the second one. And it doesn't steal, it duplicates the effect.

In any battle, two first turns will be two Different Yoda. Hence, first Yoda basic attacks and gets foresight for himself, and the second Yoda duplicates foresight to his entire team immediately thereafter. And the team of first Yoda is bound to miss attack(s), or remove them by aoe (still losing aoe damage). Though, instead of attacking vs foresight, qgj may remove buff and give his team attack buff... Many options, speed reigns supreme
  • Options
    Go look at Yoda in the characters. Should be at the very bottom
  • Options

In any battle, two first turns will be two Different Yoda. Hence, first Yoda basic attacks and gets foresight for himself, and the second Yoda duplicates foresight to his entire team immediately thereafter. And the team of first Yoda is bound to miss attack(s), till the second turn of the first Yoda

You can't do math can you? Yoda 1 gets foresight and 25% turn-meter for the second turn, Yoda 2 AoEs and duplicates the foresight.

Yoda 1 will be able to get the foresight up to his team faster than the second one and even if he doesn't he can use Unstoppable force do remove enemy Yoda's turn-meter.

So no, the first one to go wins not the second one but AI is AI.
  • Options
    Just don't fill the last speed gear slot (as long as it doesn't hold you back too much) and your more or less guaranteed to lose the "coin toss".
  • Options
    When first Yoda goes, second yoda is also at full turn meter. Turn meter gain of the first Yoda will not delay the First turn of the second Yoda, and the second Yoda thus gains foresight for his entire team on his first turn.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    When first Yoda goes, second yoda is also at full turn meter. Turn meter gain of the first Yoda will not delay the First turn of the second Yoda, and the second Yoda thus gains foresight for his entire team on his first turn.

But duplicates foresight for him alone. Not the whole team
  • Options
    Triqui wrote: »

But duplicates foresight for him alone. Not the whole team

Too many abilities at once. Gain. Duplicate to himself. Spread throughout the team. Needs more analysis then - would be better if he duplicated and spread to the team simultaneously.
  • Options
    Even though he's not officially out we do know his speed and abilities look OP and considering how good of a Jedi team you'll need to get him it'll be whale wars for Yoda. Now even seeing a F2P player or even someone who spend $20 every now and then in the top 10 is rare. I don't think F2P will crack that anymore once the whales get Yoda. R.I.P F2P
  • Skye
    795 posts Member
    Options
    Well I'm thinking a lot of people will be dusting off their Darth Maul's exceptionally soon!!!
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!