Crystals

Prev1
What does everyone use their crystals for? I made the mistake of saving mine and bought the fleet team pack and got hosed. So what does everyone buy with theirs?

Replies

• theHejiN
    659 posts Member
    Arena refreshes :/

OH, and if there is something left, cantina refreshes to get mods. And If I feel rich, I buy gear
  • niko2018
    171 posts Member
    Refresh energy, normal and cantina if u get enough. Hoard the rest to buy stuffs like gears or shards
  • I save up for gear
  • Matke
    56 posts Member
    Currently farming toons, so as many cantina refreshes I can get. When Im done with toons, will probably save up for gear.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    3x energy refresh each day. What is left I use for either gear or long farm toon shards from shipments.
  • Sirjam
    45 posts Member
    I saved 10k crustals and then wasted them on Ashoka tano fulcrum... got like 30 shards...
  • Gear (period)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gear.

If I have a project toon that is in shipments I will buy those but only when I am over a certain number of crystals.

Honestly right now I'm saving everything. Things are incoming and we all need to be fluid.
  • Byakuya
    392 posts Member
    Refreshes that is all. Baze
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Byakuya wrote: »
    Refreshes that is all. Baze

Please tell me you don't mean you refresh hard nodes?

You're gonna have a bad time.
  • Akeron
    104 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    If you use your crystals to buy anything other than gear, you're doing it wrong. Energy refreshes are secondary, save it for gear.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Akeron wrote: »
    If you use your crystals to buy anything other than gear, you're doing it wrong. Energy refreshes are secondary, save it for gear.

You need at least 1 energy refresh for your 600. After that, ok.

Depending on arena rank, just plan to save 100 or 200 a day and you can use the rest for gear that's 1 piece of gear every week or 2
  • In order as follows
    1. Gear
    2. One 50 crystal refresh every other day for the 600 tickets
    3. Rarely for character shards(only if I need 4-8 and I can't wait)
  • Like everyone else: Gear, Refreshes, and the occasional farm from the shipment store. Never on packs.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Those of you who put gear above energy refreshes, is that because you're already lvl 85? I see energy refreshes as more important earlier in the game when you're trying to lvl to unlock features, better challenges, abilities/gear possibilities for characters etc
  • lastii
    158 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Sirjam wrote: »
    I saved 10k crustals and then wasted them on Ashoka tano fulcrum... got like 30 shards...

That would be 2400 crystals if you just used the shipment :p but it wasn't possible I think...

Using my energy for refresh & gear
    50/50/50
    100/100/100
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Those of you who put gear above energy refreshes, is that because you're already lvl 85? I see energy refreshes as more important earlier in the game when you're trying to lvl to unlock features, better challenges, abilities/gear possibilities for characters etc

Not really, it is still not worth it to rush to hit max lvl. Yes you want to unlock tables and stuff, but no real reason to go past 2 refreshes (maybe 3 while we have 3 cheap ones) and maybe 1 cantina to build up some mods
  • Matke wrote: »
    Currently farming toons, so as many cantina refreshes I can get. When Im done with toons, will probably save up for gear.

Sorry, what is farming toons? Im new to using the forums.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Matke wrote: »

Sorry, what is farming toons? Im new to using the forums.

Spending energy to get shards of a toon.
  • rawman
    685 posts Member
    Refresh energy, arena refreshes, hard to farm gear. But the last two are only relevant if you are top-arena. If not just do energy refreshes and maybe a gear purchase from time to time if you saved up some crystals. Packs are only interesting if you invest money and want to buy a lot of them.
  • Baldusi
    85 posts Member
    If you are under lvl 85, energy and cantina energy. Spend that on farming no more than three toons, gear and mods. I usually spend Cantina: workdays toons, weekends mods. Energy is 4 hard nodes (so 12 battles), the rest on gear. Once you are lvl 85, run the numbers between farming the gear with energy vs buying it outright with gems. Cantina use is still the same for me, since you can't buy mods like that.
    Personally, I'm doing all energy refreshes (normal and cantina), but just because we are trying to get that 7th star for HAAT on many teams. If I was sorta done farming toons, I would be doing mods with cantina refreshes and saving the rest for gear. You can't have enough good mods.
  • Refreshes. Cantina and regular. Gear after that.
  • When everyone says gear, do you mean the packs or buying the finished ones from shipments?
  • DedrickRogue
    924 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Smurf_Fett wrote: »
    When everyone says gear, do you mean the packs or buying the finished ones from shipments?
    Finished ones from shipments. Gotta be careful there and double check you're not buying the wrong one. Mk3 drain covers for 300 are my personal favorite.
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Normal energy refreshes. Occasional cantina refreshes. Occasional arena refreshes. Gear from shipments. And character shards (currently Baze).
  • J_Starseed
    325 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Smurf_Fett wrote: »
    When everyone says gear, do you mean the packs or buying the finished ones from shipments?

The stuff on the top shelves in shipments.
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Farming mods, always farming mods. You need to evolve your capabilities as well as optimal raid mods too.

Gear. I farm 80-85% percent of all my gear so far with 2x and 3x refresh. Always comes out cheaper than 1400 in store.

Arena refresh if necessary and profitable.
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Things like Mk3 Holoprojector costs 300 crystals, much more cost effective to buy one than buying refreshes to farm it. Especially with RNG.

Also gear like Mk5 Furnace is a steal at 1400, same for the Cuffs. I'm guessing you would spend way more on refreshes if you were after those items.

Would love to see some detailed research on this so if anyone needs a project...
  • SimonC
    36 posts Member
    Osh wrote: »
    Things like Mk3 Holoprojector costs 300 crystals, much more cost effective to buy one than buying refreshes to farm it. Especially with RNG.

Also gear like Mk5 Furnace is a steal at 1400, same for the Cuffs. I'm guessing you would spend way more on refreshes if you were after those items.

Would love to see some detailed research on this so if anyone needs a project...

I am in the middle of that project
  • Osh
    126 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    SimonC wrote: »
    Osh wrote: »

I am in the middle of that project

I shall watch this thread with great interest