What do you think about this squad

Well i never rly struggle in arena .. Butits boring to me to use maul and the average siths.. So i try to theorycraft a new squad, which could be more fun but is still able to kill zaul ( killing rex lead would be fine too) .

So i came up with this setup:
Plo lead, rex,gk, tfp,fotp
. Well this isnt average right? So plos lead offers stealth removal and grants +50% offense then .. This means i can target the enemy cuz it has no stealth. (50% offense on fotp amd tfp makes them beasts)
.. Ok so whatelse does this mean.. If the enemy isnt stealthed, they dont get advantage (not as much crits) .. Also i can focus out palps and such like sa.

Till now the lead seems good to me. Also plo applies offense down ( another nice extra survivability) . Also grants 50% tm to gk, rex and 25% to tfp and fotp.
Defense up on everytoon, which makes gk use the assistcall easyly . (if plo is stunned, rex tenacity up would do it too.) .. Gk is obviously good in any squad (: now rex grants also tm..

So in total.. Ive got a squad, which removes stealth, applies offense down , has nice defense up/retribution/offense up/ and foresight . Also 2x nice tm gains, rex cleanse, kenobi cleanse, 2 ways of dispel (plo basic) . A taunt. And those 2 tie pilots for dps which always have foresight, and offense boost. ( ciuld use other dps toone here too.)

So what do you think? See any weaknesses in this plan? Also what would you suggest fitting better in this squad? .. I dont have thrawn, baze, shore

Thx for reading and feedback (:

Replies

• Noone?
  • I've thought about Plo Leads before, but there are 2 problems to that; 1) he is a jedi so sith teams will decimate him (and I think I'm right in saying your mainly considering him as a Zaul counter), so you've basically wasted a slot in yor team 2) even when Plo's leader ability removes stealth, this just causes the sith to gain advantage immediately instead of after 2 turns (I think, based upon mauls leader description, not 100% sure) so then they evade/are critically hit sooner and gain/lose stealth faster and score more critical hits, so Plo effectively increases the no. of critical hits against you.
    This could work if your aim is to remove stealth so you can target anyone, which somewhat neuters that part of Zauls leadership, allowing you to target anyone if you have characters dealing enough damage, but these characters will generally have lower health and with a Zaul team scoring more crits when you remove stealth your just going to lose faster imo, since lower health characters are getting critted more.
    Might be wrong, but from what I can see, Plo isn't a good Zaul counter atm.
  • Should be cracking vs R2 teams. Defence will be interesting.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    I've thought about Plo Leads before, but there are 2 problems to that; 1) he is a jedi so sith teams will decimate him (and I think I'm right in saying your mainly considering him as a Zaul counter), so you've basically wasted a slot in yor team 2) even when Plo's leader ability removes stealth, this just causes the sith to gain advantage immediately instead of after 2 turns (I think, based upon mauls leader description, not 100% sure) so then they evade/are critically hit sooner and gain/lose stealth faster and score more critical hits, so Plo effectively increases the no. of critical hits against you.
    This could work if your aim is to remove stealth so you can target anyone, which somewhat neuters that part of Zauls leadership, allowing you to target anyone if you have characters dealing enough damage, but these characters will generally have lower health and with a Zaul team scoring more crits when you remove stealth your just going to lose faster imo, since lower health characters are getting critted more.

That's right, SIth under Zaul gain adv. when they lose stealth. Unfortunately Plo Koon is not viable in arena. He needs a rework for that. His kit has the potential to be very interesting and effective, but it remains too basic now.

As for the OP, Zaul teams are starting to disappear after R2 release and Maul potency bug fix. So R2 may be good counter to Zaul, or Nihilus leading Sith. But as I said seems like we won't see much Zaul in the arena in the near future, so it won't be a problem anymore. But Plo's leadership can be useful against R2's mass stealth after an eventual rework.
  • iAmRyC
    144 posts Member
    I've given Plo lead some thought too during the height of the Zaul Meta but really couldn't pull the trigger as it doesn't account for the evasion that still happens and it ends up still being an RNG battle.
  • I've thought about Plo Leads before, but there are 2 problems to that; 1) he is a jedi so sith teams will decimate him (and I think I'm right in saying your mainly considering him as a Zaul counter), so you've basically wasted a slot in yor team 2) even when Plo's leader ability removes stealth, this just causes the sith to gain advantage immediately instead of after 2 turns (I think, based upon mauls leader description, not 100% sure) so then they evade/are critically hit sooner and gain/lose stealth faster and score more critical hits, so Plo effectively increases the no. of critical hits against you.

Well.. Doesnt plo and all others remove advantage then ? Like.. 2 of my toons go first.. They remove stealth and then advantage. ... Also defense seems better then my old mul squad.. From 4# to 9# in 5 hours.. Soon is payout in about an hour
  • It's a good idea, but there are much better options. I think B2 would do Plo's job much better than Plo. B2 can dispell and inflict buff immunity. That means the sith lose stealth and don't receive advantage because B2 buff blocked them. Put a accuracy arrow on him and you can mostly nullify zauls Dodge. using B2 is also much better against amy rex teams.
  • Justicebp wrote: »
    It's a good idea, but there are much better options. I think B2 would do Plo's job much better than Plo. B2 can dispell and inflict buff immunity. That means the sith lose stealth and don't receive advantage because B2 buff blocked them. Put a accuracy arrow on him and you can mostly nullify zauls Dodge. using B2 is also much better against amy rex teams.

But b2 has lower dmg, doesnt give 50% offense up to the whole team.. Doesnt apply defense up, nor offense down.. Nor 50% tm.. Also plo is a cool character.
  • Justicebp wrote: »
    It's a good idea, but there are much better options. I think B2 would do Plo's job much better than Plo. B2 can dispell and inflict buff immunity. That means the sith lose stealth and don't receive advantage because B2 buff blocked them. Put a accuracy arrow on him and you can mostly nullify zauls Dodge. using B2 is also much better against amy rex teams.

And also.. Forgot to say that.. Many zauls do also run a dispel.. Which makes buffimmunity worthless.. But plo on the other hand keeps dispelling all of theyr buffs all the time.. Noone is taunting, tenacity up, or every other buff.. U arent restricted to who to attack, nor dthe opponent resist your debuffs.. U just wreck every comp which has any buff.. No more zauls, r2, rex, shore, whatever..