Foresight has stopped Working Properly

JediGhost117
1756 posts Member
edited July 2017
Alright let's talk about Foresight. As of recently it's been working as intended, but recently it has not. The basic idea of this buff is that it guarantees an evade and no damage taken on the next hit but is dispelled after taking one hit. Well what happened? The best example of this is Vader's basic against ZQGJ with Zoda teams. His basic cannot be evaded by Jedi and in game you can see this, they take damage. However, the Foresight is not cleansed after his basic. Why? It has also been reported here and there that <insert toon ability here> doesn't cleanse Foresight. My question is this: should they keep Foresight even though it causes way to many issues, or should they simply work harder at making it a buff that works as intended?

Foresight has stopped Working Properly 19 votes

Foresight sucks, get rid of it
21%
JediGhost117jedikilla84morqBoreas 4 votes
Foresight is fine, but the devs could look into it better.
31%
anonidudeStarblitzSnakesOnAPlaneMzeeAnton23mrebey27 6 votes
Foresight is 100% WAI and nothing is required to fix it.
47%
ShaunyveeGaidal_CainWidget_gadgetCamaroAMFRivetingAlucardoOEchoeSOoDarksaber98RiffinatorMasterShake2129 9 votes

Replies

• Foresight is 100% WAI and nothing is required to fix it.
    I think it should be dispelled after they dodge. Having the undodgable attacks both dealing damage and pops foresight would be a little greedy. Like advantage, if the enemy have Crit immunity and you attack them, your attack won't result as a crit but your advantage won't be dispelled as well.
    I think we have to wait for dev's response for this. Since it was them who always reluctant to make any discription clear or coding the skill in the same manner. As an example, TIE pilot, B2, and FO TIE pilot all have a skill to inflict Buff Immunity, for TIE pilot and B2, they inflict buff immunity "Before" inflicting damage and FOTP being the opposite. So, if you are up against GK or zMaul, TIE pilot and B2 will effectively inflict Buff Immunity without GK or zMaul gaining their respective buff. For FOTP, however, his skill is completely useless, inflicing the Buff Immunity right after enemy already gain their respective buffs. Their oversights and inconsistencies always a problem in our pockets, unless you spam it, you'll never get it fixed.
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    The problem with foresight is creating inconsistencies as the OP mentioned with Vader, also Nihilus' drain force does not apply when a debuffed character has foresight, I would understand evading the damage, but if it's 100% percent guaranteed when a character is debuffed it should work as it should. Foresight should at least be reworked, any hit should clear it and it should not stop guaranteed abilities.
  • Foresight sucks, get rid of it
    In my opinion I'd like for them to make it much much clearer what buffs do. They could easily make an in game rulebook that details every single buff in the game with a description and it would eliminate any confusion. But foresight should always, always be dispelled when the unit is attacked. Regardless of damage applied to them or not, it should only protect them for 1 attack.
  • morq
    4 posts Member
    In my opinion I'd like for them to make it much much clearer what buffs do. They could easily make an in game rulebook that details every single buff in the game with a description and it would eliminate any confusion. But foresight should always, always be dispelled when the unit is attacked. Regardless of damage applied to them or not, it should only protect them for 1 attack.

+1
  • MasterShake2129
    43 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Foresight is 100% WAI and nothing is required to fix it.
    Boreas wrote: »
    The problem with foresight is creating inconsistencies as the OP mentioned with Vader, also Nihilus' drain force does not apply when a debuffed character has foresight, I would understand evading the damage, but if it's 100% percent guaranteed when a character is debuffed it should work as it should. Foresight should at least be reworked, any hit should clear it and it should not stop guaranteed abilities.

I don't think that is an issue with Nihilus' drain force. I can't think of any attack that still applies the debuff/ability if the attack is dodged. If Nihilius' drain force said that it "for debuffed enemies the change is doubled and can not be evaded" it would be a different story.

I think the same thing for Dooku, who has a 100% change to shock and stun jedi with his force lightning, however if the target has Foresight up neither will be applied, that I have seen.

To the Original Poster, I don't think foresight should be removed until there is a successful dodge, or it expires based on # of turns. Seems like foresight would get a significant nerf by having it removed when attacked, regardless of whether it actually allowed the dodge or not.
    Post edited by MasterShake2129 on
  • Foresight sucks, get rid of it

I don't think that is an issue with Nihilus' drain force. I can't think of any attack that still applies the debuff/ability if the attack is dodged. If Nihilius' drain force said that it "for debuffed enemies the change is doubled and can not be evaded" it would be a different story.

I think the same thing for Dooku, who has a 100% change to shock and stun jedi with his force lightning, however if the target has Foresight up neither will be applied, that I have seen.

To the Original Poster, I don't think foresight should be removed until there is a successful dodge, or it expires based on # of turns. Seems like foresight would get a significant nerf by having it removed when attacked, regardless of whether it actually allowed the dodge or not.

Or instead of removing the buff entirely make it a percentile buff like Tenacity down, offence up, etc. Foresight simply increases dodge chance by x%
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member

Foresight is a guaranteed dodge chance. Nothing more. You mention Dooku, but as a Dooku user I saw GK buffed with foresight get stunned, because he was not the target of the attack, the secondary stun chance applied as it should. Drain force has two levels, deal damage and increase cooldowns, a character can evade the damage, but if it's guaranteed his cooldowns will be increased while debuffed, then it should apply.

Foresight is a guaranteed dodge chance. Nothing more. You mention Dooku, but as a Dooku user I saw GK buffed with foresight get stunned, because he was not the target of the attack, the secondary stun chance applied as it should. Drain force has two levels, deal damage and increase cooldowns, a character can evade the damage, but if it's guaranteed his cooldowns will be increased while debuffed, then it should apply.

Secondary stun of a different character is a different part of the ability. My questions is (I also use Dooku) have you ever stunned the primary target which has foresight? I have not. My impression is that if damage is associated with the ability and it is dodged, the effect does not take place, or even have a chance to. The secondary stun is targeting a character without trying to deal damage so it is not able to be dodged.
    I just wasted one of my arena attempts to face a QGJ lead to test it further with dooku.

Results:
    All 5 jedi have foresight, JKA is already stunned, using dooku to target Mace with force lightning yielded: Mace Deflected and Resisted the effect, no one else stunned.
    3 jedi left, 2 have foresight (ahsoka, mace). used force lightning on mace again, Mace Deflected and Resisted again, Aayla gets stunned, she had no foresight on.

I will try some more and post results as i go
    I think the easiest solution would be to make it a non-damage attack that just increases cooldowns, and can not be evaded if suffering a debuff. OR make the entire attack "can not be evaded if suffering a debuff"
  • Boreas
    508 posts Member
    I think the easiest solution would be to make it a non-damage attack that just increases cooldowns, and can not be evaded if suffering a debuff. OR make the entire attack "can not be evaded if suffering a debuff"

I would accept both of these solutions, however, this proves the point that foresight is problematic and needs attention :).