Lag during ships!?

Is anyone else experience significant lag when playing ships? It takes literally a whole minute to call one reinforcement... I can't win any battles like this because I time out.

Replies

• K_mett1
    299 posts Member
    I have experienced a lag in ground battles. Not in ships but it doesn't surprise me.

The lag I normally see is when enemy toons counter attack (I see it happen a lot when I'm facing 5's) and the phase "counter attack" doesn't appear above the character for a couple of frames..
  • It's REALLY bad for me... whenever someone calls an assist, the frame rate goes down to 1 frame per second and it flashes for a whole minute... long enough for me screen to turn off
  • Not only lag, but out right crashing of the game.

This is an ongoing issue that still needs to be fixed. I've also had the game crash in arena as well. I'm in iOS and evedently, it seems to be an issue only with Apple devices, although I have not heard otherwise.

Are you on apple or Google?
  • Not only lag, but out right crashing of the game.

This is an ongoing issue that still needs to be fixed. I've also had the game crash in arena as well. I'm in iOS and evedently, it seems to be an issue only with Apple devices, although I have not heard otherwise.

I am indeed on apple
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Not only lag, but out right crashing of the game.

Same here. Pretty bad lag, and ships crashed yesterday right when I was about to win.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Mine ran smooth up until about 3/4 updates ago when ships in particular started dropping fps heavily. It's awful now but somewhat alleviated by going to 1x speed. But tbh I just live with it as it's turn based and not real time game, it just means the animations I'm missing out on
  • @Nicol_Bolas @CaptainRex

That's unfortunate. I actually had to forego both arena battles last week two days in a row. Lost two battles from the game crashing both days, both arenas.

Since then, very choppy. I really hope it gets worked out.
  • Georgemi6
    1236 posts Member
    I haven't had lag recently but I've had lag so bad that my phone freezes up for 5< minutes and I can't close the app or turn the phone off or anything. This has happened at least 3 times in the past 4-5 months or so. Also, just for clarification, I have an iPhone 6 so my phone shouldn't be slowing down that badly.
  • 3mp3r0r
    33 posts Member
    i don't do ships that often but when i do and if i see lag it affects the time as well. so timing out isn't an issue.

but in all seriousness i always finish a battle in plenty of time. i always 3-4 min left when i win or loose. it's not a chess match.
  • Torzek
    72 posts Member
    Just happened to me now. Tried to reinforce and it lagged hard. I waited a bit, tried to close and come back hoping I'd be paused but got booted from the match.
  • And let's keep this thread going, because once again, 4 crashes: two in arena; two in ships.

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Crash or lag. I'm getting them. But the lag at least isn't timing me out. The clock is following the lag so when it kicks back in it's still on track. Just need to wait it out.
  • Dameron
    38 posts Member
    I've had lag in ships off and on for months. Sometimes it's really bad. I don't have as much trouble in arena, usually.
  • Serverus
    22 posts Member
    Hmm... haven't encountered this kind of issue so far. Are you guys sure it's not your devices being unable to handle the load? The RAM might be choked up or something. AFAIK, the game connects to the servers only before and after the battle, not during it, so if you're lagging during the fight and especially if you see a framerate drop, it should probably be related to the device, not the connection.

Again, I'm not saying the app is totally optimized and reliable, it might be causing the lag, but I'd suggest checking your device's resource consumption, other running apps, etc., before blaming the game.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Ships crashed again, and arena was super laggy (had it on 4x speed, and it was slower than 1x; this was two different devices too).
    @RJ__Brando @CG_Kozispoon Can you move this thread to the bugs section? Thanks!
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Ships lagging especially on reinforcements
    Fairly new iPad Air
  • It lags every time a healthbar appeares
    (like at the start of the battle and at reinforments)
  • Every day I'm lagg-e-ing
  • LtGenStu
    234 posts Member
    Same here, can't finish my battles anymore...
  • still having this problem. sometimes my battles freezes for 2-3 mins. Its very frustrating. pretty much only do 1 battle a day because of this. Google account here.
  • artusa
    175 posts Member
    Still as of today, on the iPad Air first gen and iPhone 6s, there is a ton of lag, but no crash.