Fleet arena: 2:30 mins is just too short

Raw
559 posts Member
I am in a position that in my arena fleet, 5 ppl share the same payout. All make use of the full 7:30 mins so you always get the notification that someone is batteling you or vice versa. It's just no fun anymore. Either CG should reduce the time to play to 5:00 mins like it is in the normal arena (maybe the firepower would have to be adjusted accordingly). Alternatively the next battle should only be available at 12:30 mins, but I'd prefer the first possibility.

Replies

• Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. Sometimes I get lucky and get a battle with 8-9 minutes left and take 1st, other times I don't and settle for 2-4. I'm sure my sharmates think the same thing as me. Most my guild mates report easier fleet arenas with no payout time overlaps. Lucky them, not so lucky me. Oh well, nothing we can do about it.
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    Some timzone payout are just extremely busy ye.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Try to coordinate a discord or other 3rd party chat app group for your ship shard. That way you can rotate payouts and help lock each other in to avoid snipes.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Options
    I disagree. 2 minutes is plenty of time for people to sneak in and fight you. I think it is about a perfect window honestly.

If people aren't willing to spam to be ready to take someone who's currently in battle out then they don't deserve the place in my opinion.

We are talking about a competitive aspect of the game. Another word for it would be cutthroat. I really don't like the idea of changing the time frames up at all.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »
    I disagree. 2 minutes is plenty of time for people to sneak in and fight you. I think it is about a perfect window honestly.

If people aren't willing to spam to be ready to take someone who's currently in battle out then they don't deserve the place in my opinion.

We are talking about a competitive aspect of the game. Another word for it would be cutthroat. I really don't like the idea of changing the time frames up at all.

"Cutthroat" you folks that are that serious about this game make me laugh lol
  • Options

Hey, whatever floats your boat @Shenanigans052
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options

To be fair, you are aiming for the number one position out of 20k players, maybe 1k actually active daily. That's plenty of people fighting for rank. Five minutes of planning ahead and battling at the right time seems pretty fair IMO.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »

To be fair, you are aiming for the number one position out of 20k players, maybe 1k actually active daily. That's plenty of people fighting for rank. Five minutes of planning ahead and battling at the right time seems pretty fair IMO.

It's not even the fight for number one, it can be a lot more places blocked all the time. if #1 fights #2, #3 fights #4, #5 fight#6, you can see that 3 active players block 6 positions. so if 5 people fight around payout, most interesting places will be blocked for alomst the full hour.
  • Options
    Raw wrote: »

It's not even the fight for number one, it can be a lot more places blocked all the time. if #1 fights #2, #3 fights #4, #5 fight#6, you can see that 3 active players block 6 positions. so if 5 people fight around payout, most interesting places will be blocked for alomst the full hour.

What makes that any different than regular arena?
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options
    MilMuertes wrote: »

I'm not good at math but it seems logical to me that the time window in that you can attack will be used up by fewer people if it's only 2:30 instead of 5:00.
    3 people blocking 6 positions for 5 minutes, so 6 people can permanently block it (arena).

I don't know how to calculate it correctly but I guess 4 ppl are enough to permanently block the top 5 with 7:30 minutes?

• Cloud24
    206 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    is not nerf fleet arena time what is happening is that some players on your shards are doing collusions. your thread should be a suggestion agaisnt that
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I'm not good at math but it seems logical to me that the time window in that you can attack will be used up by fewer people if it's only 2:30 instead of 5:00.
    3 people blocking 6 positions for 5 minutes, so 6 people can permanently block it (arena).

I don't know how to calculate it correctly but I guess 4 ppl are enough to permanently block the top 5 with 7:30 minutes?

that would require alot of coordination and i don't see how players are willing to put that much effort in locking out a 5th spot in the top5 for a friend who can't be online during pay-out. I've been wrong before though ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

that would require alot of coordination and i don't see how players are willing to put that much effort in locking out a 5th spot in the top5 for a friend who can't be online during pay-out. I've been wrong before though ;)

Agreed, it's not a reach to think that is occurring in Arena but in Ships? The rewards from 1st place thru 5th are negligible with zero Crystals to be had.
  • Raw
    559 posts Member
    Options

You can be willing to spam as much as you like, but as long as someone is battling you, you are blocked and when you are finally released from that block, you find all spots of interest also blocked. And then again when your opponent would finally be free, you find yourself again in a battle already. I doubt you have 5 ppl at your payout.