Maul dot self-heal

Mhmacleod
194 posts Member
Had a sith team, EP lead, vs 2 consecutive sith teams - EP and zaul leads. Had a mail on my side, only omegas, and twice he had dots on him, one where he had 4 and he was about to die.
Both times however when it reached his turn and he took the damage, instead of dying he immediately healed back to green health. He hadn't attacked yet so his and EP's skills didn't factor. My guess is his dots were applied as damage dealt by himself which counted to his max health heal... possible?

Replies

• crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Dots don't trigger any kind of health steal. Did you have a Savage that cleansed him? Did you also have hots? What was your full team comp?
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    No Savage. Team comp was EP lead, Vader, Nihilus, Sid. It happened just as it reached maul's turn, and he hadn't moved yet.
  • sloths19
    72 posts Member
    Mhmacleod wrote: »
    No Savage. Team comp was EP lead, Vader, Nihilus, Sid. It happened just as it reached maul's turn, and he hadn't moved yet.

I recently posted what I think is the same bug, take a look at the screenshots in my post and let me know if that's what happened to you.
  • Mhmacleod
    194 posts Member
    Yes pretty similar. Mine had like 3 dots so it seemed obvious it was a bug to do with dots but yours is more extreme...
    All in all, I believe his power of hatred is bugged to somehow use the damage/kills applied to himself...
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    edited July 2017
    I think you guys may actually be onto something here. The other post is here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/119921/maul-incorrectly-recovering-health#latest

Here are the mechanics for Damage Over Time, specifically from Boba:

2c2NNBI.jpg

So it looks from this as though someone with a dot does indeed apply the damage to themselves. If a third enemy is killed, then Maul will gain 25% max health from it. Maul's unique may be, well, unique, in this regard...it would be interesting to see if the same thing happens for other uniques that trigger on dealing damage but not tied to a specific attack.

@CG_Kozispoon
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    I think you guys may actually be onto something here. The other post is here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/119921/maul-incorrectly-recovering-health#latest

Here are the mechanics for Damage Over Time, specifically from Boba:

2c2NNBI.jpg

So it looks from this as though someone with a dot does indeed apply the damage to themselves. If a third enemy is killed, then Maul will gain 25% max health from it. Maul's unique may be, well, unique, in this regard...it would be interesting to see if the same thing happens for other uniques that trigger on dealing damage but not tied to a specific attack.

@CG_Kozispoon

Good catch sir! I think you may be right
  • Zephyrus
    330 posts Member
    @crzydroid I'm stoked I came across these pages and really appreciate you digging into the issues. I've recently been noticing something going on with Zaul but couldn't quite place my finger on it. I don't typically have an issue with their team, but definitely noticed it when RNG was not on my side for the match.

@Mhmacleod thanks for helping expose this, along with @sloths19