Should a "Fractured" character be able to dodge?

ddlooping2
1046 posts Member
Hi all :)

What say you?

Replies

• Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    No
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    It doesn't make sense for any non-Force-weilding character to dodge. Likewise, it doesn't make sense for a Jedi with a lightsaber to just stand there and take a blaster bolt to the face. So I say, why not? If Thrawn's victim is laying there with a fractured leg, maybe they can wiggle and roll from side to side to dodge the blasters.
  • Gaidal_Cain
    1640 posts Member
    It is quite annoying but at the end of the day, Fracture isn't stun.

Stun is the only guaranteed way to avoid a dodge (which used to not be the case!).
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Flavor wise, fracturing someone is kind of like putting them in a stasis field, which should keep them from dodging or whatnot. However, if someone was in a stasis field, any damage done to them wouldn't actually take effect until it was lifted.

So on the flavor side of things, if you want them not to dodge, then all other damage and debuffs shouldn't take effect until fracture drops off.

Game balance wise, however, the amount of mechanics a debuff can deal with needs to be predetermined and putting too many abilities in one debuff just makes it ridiculous. Ok, so Fracture already prevents TM gain (even from speed), buffs, & bonus attacks. It's already a combination of a super powered Daze with buff immunity, does it really need to be a stun too?

• Jay_cube1
    379 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »
    It doesn't make sense for any non-Force-weilding character to dodge. Likewise, it doesn't make sense for a Jedi with a lightsaber to just stand there and take a blaster bolt to the face. So I say, why not? If Thrawn's victim is laying there with a fractured leg, maybe they can wiggle and roll from side to side to dodge the blasters.

:D@crzydroid

• The animation suggest he kicks them several times and fractures bones. People can still dodge when they have bone fractures. If it was a statis/stun effect it should be called aomething different with a different animation.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Should a giant metal tank be able to dodge? No. Does it? Yes. Answer: CG/EA Logic.
  • Absolutely.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • I agree that it doesn't make sense for a fractured character to be able to dodge. I actually thought it was a bug the first time I saw a fractured character dodge an attack. However, as other posts have pointed out, whether or not it makes sense isn't really relevant.
  • AnnerDoon
    1353 posts Member
    It helps me to think of my opponent dodging as my character missing. A tank shouldn't really be able to dodge, but anybody can miss.
  • If you have R2 in you're team with Thrawn, they probably wont
  • crzydroid wrote: »

In star wars anyone can dodge blaster fire except stormtroopers.
  • anonidude
    703 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

Haha....how does he magically recover from a broken leg. Medical 1st aid is amazeballs in starwars universe.

Maybe they just walk it off. Tis but a flesh wound
    | ANZGC | Exile |