Why is stunning less effective on counter characters.

Why does my Palpatine never stun characters like Fives, Dooku, or Kanan? It's annoying when Dooku just takes slight damage, and stuns my Palpatine afterwards. Is this a feature, bug, or just bad luck.
"There are no Jedi here anymore. Only dreamers like this fool." - Baze Malbus.

https://swgoh.gg/u/limitedu34/

Replies

• Believe it's just bad luck
  • Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    It's a feature not a bug
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • I'm going with feature.
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    Potency is the key, a lot of potency.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    I have no touble stunning those toons, i have alot of potency mods too though. However i have been noticing R2 being resisted more ofter now...
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    jejuzang wrote: »
    I have no touble stunning those toons, i have alot of potency mods too though. However i have been noticing R2 being resisted more ofter now...

My R2 is at 99% potency, he hardly ever misses a stun.
    "You don't want to sell me death sticks... You want to go home and rethink your life. "
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Psychology getting the best of you...
  • A feature is a bug with senority.
  • SimonC
    36 posts Member
    It's because they have high tenacity, it comes with 5's and dooku
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    all 3 you mentioned are high-tenacity heroes, you just need some more potency...
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Because you only pay attention to characters not being stunned when they counter you right back...
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    USAmazing wrote: »

i had my r2 in a resistance squad meaning about 150% potency for me and he still wouldn't stun 30% of the time. so you must be lucky
  • USAmazing
    1157 posts Member
    flux_rono wrote: »
    USAmazing wrote: »

i had my r2 in a resistance squad meaning about 150% potency for me and he still wouldn't stun 30% of the time. so you must be lucky

I run him in Resistance squad also, so with their bonus he is about 149-150% potency, more reliable stuns than Finn for sure.
    Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Try using Dengar for Tenacity down, CUP for stun, and JKG to keep them ability blocked. Use Chewie to take any hits if they happen to not get stunned.
  • ^ Troll
  • Sothe wrote: »
    Try using Dengar for Tenacity down, CUP for stun, and JKG to keep them ability blocked. Use Chewie to take any hits if they happen to not get stunned.

You forgot lobot to cleanse
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Sothe wrote: »

This.

JK. Don't do this. It is funny though.
  • Sothe wrote: »

Should I also use Talia for health?

• crzydroid
    7282 posts Moderator
    Dooku and Fives are higher tenacity, but also EP only has a 70% chance to stun anyway. So even with high potency, you only have a 0.7*0.85 = 0.595 chance to stun.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Dooku and Fives are higher tenacity, but also EP only has a 70% chance to stun anyway. So even with high potency, you only have a 0.7*0.85 = 0.595 chance to stun.

That makes sense, the tenacity. Thanks!