PRNG. Why not?

We know that RNG system has serious issues: it's too much "random", sometimes you can have really really good luck (6/6 shards, 5 gears in 5 tries, etc) and sometimes you may have really bad luck ad well (0/12 shards, 0/15 gears, etc). It makes people complain about bad luck, it makes them whine and so on.

In these types of games, the % is needed to be fair in EVERY attempt, we don't mind if after 100 tries we get the 20-30% intended drop rate if we have to struggle and get mad when after 15 tries we don't get a single pièce of equipment.

Prng is more fair and would make people stop whine (with good reasons) about drop rates.

What do you think about?

Replies

• What do I think about it?
    Harden up.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Somehow I think you'd still manage to find something to whine about, call it a hunch.

It's random, you're going to get hot/cold streaks but statistics comes into play so over a large sample size, variances will level out. What you're asking for is to remove the random from random? Lol

Why do you people always start with an assertion that "we all know" something and then go on to make a ridiculous demand for something rigged entirely in your favour?
    It's faulty logic and bad argumentation. Your point should stand or fall on its own merit without being framed up such a disingenuous fashion.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • It's random, you're going to get hot/cold streaks but statistics comes into play so over a large sample size, variances will level out.

What is a large sample size? 100? 500? 1000?

If I try 500 times and gets 20% (100 gears) it is fair. The problem is that now is far away from this.