Can't get past half way on GW despite having 20 characters maxed out

Prev1
Rum
1 posts Member
Hello,
Ive spent thousands of dollars on this game and have 20 characters completely maxed out - team of Sith, Empire, Trooper, Rebel, Jedi etc. In spite of this most days I cannot get past half way on GW. Sometimes my entire characters don't kill ONE of them on the sixth level in out of 12.
This is completely ridiculous. Does any one else have this problem ? I AM SO FED UP OF THIS.
Rimrum

Replies

• Options
    6th level is the hardest by far. I have a lot more maxed out toons than you and struggled for the first time in a long time today to get past it. In the end I had to run a maxed Thrawn, DT, DN, GK, Shore. Still lost GK. My usual easy rolls (DN led Sith, Zader led Empire, Rex led cleanse) all failed.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    They must be modded awfully then?
    GW is a stroll until node 11 for me every day, then it's a slight challenge and 12 is full of kids.

Are you saving your special attacks for node 6?
  • Rlex
    160 posts Member
    Options
    So before the forum regs come and you get flamed or they tell you the usual bull of it's normal you need stronger gear blah blah denial. Blah blah algorithm etc.

You're not the only one. This is happening to a ton of people and I thought it was being or was handled but it's literally the same ****. On my 6th node I got a maxed out chaze, palp etc etc. But sadly this **** gets sent to depths of wherever, so no one can see it.
  • Gavstar
    214 posts Member
    Options
    Rum wrote: »
    Hello,
    Ive spent thousands of dollars on this game and have 20 characters completely maxed out - team of Sith, Empire, Trooper, Rebel, Jedi etc. In spite of this most days I cannot get past half way on GW. Sometimes my entire characters don't kill ONE of them on the sixth level in out of 12.
    This is completely ridiculous. Does any one else have this problem ? I AM SO FED UP OF THIS.
    Rimrum

Do you know about the Retreat option in the settings when a battle goes badly?
    Try to exit before your team gets destroyed and try something different attack combinations or try a new team.
    Bank TM with your teams in nodes 1-5. But remember to save your special abilities. You will benefit from having the initiatives. Certain team combos work better then others. These teams general have a lot of TM gain, can stun, or have overwhelming offense.

PS. Without details on your team profile, there is only general tips and hints to survive GW in this release.

Some observations:
    * Chaze supported teams are differently appearing earlier in nodes 1-6. You will need to solve the Chaze equation without losing half your team. These include the Wiggs+Chaze, Rex+Chaze and every other Chaze combo.
    * GW battles are picking more teams with synergy. Jedi and First Order teams will do a lot of damage given half the chance.
    * Thrawn teams are appearing alot lately in the final nodes. They are very difficult with Imperial Trooper support. You will need a solution to that also to complete GW.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Do you have any zetas? What is your mod farming situation like? Mods are huge.
  • Options
    You def need a few zeta squads these days. Hard to do gw every day without (unless resistance, then you need only one).
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Options
    Wiggs, r2, chase and GW no sweat. Do not have to even spend thousands of dollars
  • Options
    And as gavstar said, you need to use squads early to get a tm advantage. Having wiggs ready to go can be a nice way to assassinate a toon in a hard squad
  • Zaraos
    771 posts Member
    Options
    Palp, St Han, Zarris, TFP and Royal guard, all g11. Clear it with ease with this team alone sometimes subbing in dooku and Vader for certain battles. GW is fine as it is.
  • Options
    Op do you have maxed Nightsisters? If you have 20 maxed chars GW should be easy
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    This is also seriously making me mad. I'm barely even trying at GW anymore it's just not worth the aggrevagion to try anymore. I have been completing it since Dec 2015 and since update I am trying a lot of new games out instead.

Not a lot of places to actually enjoy anymore ingame and only thing keeping me around is friends I've made not the actual game anymore. Seriously hope this game design of frustrating players changes real soon.
  • Options
    Mate, nodes 1 to 5, use 5 different teams, only basic or 1 turn CD ability, this will build TM on about 25 toons, and you will have all specials to use on node 6. After you keep going and using the best team against what is ahead, if the battle is going south, retreat and change strategy/team. Some harder nodes like 9 or 11 you may need a suicide squad, just get rid of baze or GK. There, the success recipe on GW.
  • Options
    The difficulty of GW has MATERIALLY increased since the power calculation rework.

Plus as mentioned earliers I also concur with the spotting of more teams with synergies versus the standard counter toons GW favoured just to annoy you.

I had strong teams with Thrawn 7* three days in a row for the last nod. What are the odds vs. who owns a 7* Thrawn Gear XI?

Frankly GW will just be taking more time to finish which is a pity for QoL, especially given the so-so rewards you get once you have 7* ships.

More fatigue building for the players, no looking good CG...
  • Options
    I heard a resistance squad or pheonix squad can make it through GW by themselves no problem. Is that still true after the update?
  • Treadhead2017
    516 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    For me it's always been a confusing, messed up and poorly balanced game mode.

The idea behind it is simple enough; have a game mode that gets progressively more difficult and gives progressively better rewards and lets you use your whole roster. Good idea...amazingly poor execution that could be easily fixed.

First, NO teams should be other player uber-arena teams; if you have to do that, do it on the last node only. But facing super-maxed out teams halfway through the table is just bad game design. It's pointless. I mean, come on; the game has what, 107 characters? So how about the computer generates random, different teams for us to try our luck against that get harder with each node, instead of having the same 10 toons over and over with absurdly hard nodes on #6 and #9? Has anyone EVER seen, say, Pao in GW? Or a phoenix squad? How about the classics from the original film, with Luke, Raid Han, Leia, Chewie, and Old Ben? There are hundreds and hundreds of possible combinations...but we see the same ones all the time. I've seen the exact same team on node six before for three days in a row. If there's a mode in this game that should have some variety, this is it...but it has no more variety than arena because that's all the mode uses.

Second, make the difficulty actually progressive; do away with "hard" nodes that are absurdly hard. If the last node is meant to be 150% of your top team's power, then work up to that in a balanced way. I swear, you'd think we were stealing from the devs everytime we get GW shop currency in the game as hard as they make it to beat.

Lastly, ENOUGH with GW "cheating". It's bad enough that you load it with over-powered teams. But the blatant cheating the mode enjoys is beyond frustrating. Dooku and his 100% counter and double attacks, no matter what. Stun not working. The proc rate for the computer vs you. It's insane, and blatantly obvious. I can think of two real examples that are essentially so low probability that they're impossible for all intents and purposes.

1: 17 dodges in a row from Luminara. 17. That's just ridiculous.

2: Old Daka passively bringing back the same toon five turns in a row. Not her active; just passively bringing back the same toon five times, one after the other. And no, it wasn't Boba or a toon who revives on their own; it was Cad Bane.

Now, I can't exactly caclulate the odds on Lumi's dodge because I don't know what the dodge rate was. But Daka's passive is a 10% chance. For five times in a row, that's a .00001% chance of happening. No way that was actually random.

Fix those things, and GW might actually be fun again. As it is, it's just a mess and not particularly fun to play.

• Options
    This is something I have seen over and over from players, and everyone offers the same advice but seems no one listens.

If you have 20 maxed characters, then apparently you didn't max the right synergies or put the right mods if you struggle at node 6 every day. You can literally give them all health mods if you want to make your life easier it won't be the best thing but it's not bad, this is what I use for most of my non raid/arena characters since the health/prot will be more benefit then a bit of extra dmg

I run gVIII Phoenix for nodes 1-6 and usually clear it without a single death until node 6, if a fight goes bad I retreat and try a different strategy.

Every squad you face has a weakness, as does every synergy and zeta for example a chaze team is typically fairly easy once you kill chirrut so bring one to remove taunt, then one to provide multi hit (wiggs is good for this) and obviously know your squads weakness is important too.

I wouldn't take a Zaul to face Rex lead, or go against zarris without wiggs, JKA or DN

And the single most helpful thing you can do, get zylo he wins 4v1 for me constantly in GW and arena
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    I'm sorry that you're bad at this game. Don't blame the devs.
  • Options
    I've had a couple rough days but no major change lately. I have noticed that even the sixth node can be the hardest some days.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

This is just ego babble. Sorry you have to listen to this rubbish!
  • Options

Just get past the OP's struggles and look at the bigger picture, i.e. GW is getting annoying and time consuming since the rework (I'm not saying impossible).

No one can dispute that.
  • DannyB
    69 posts Member
    Options
    Today I faced wiggs, chaze and gk on node 2 lol, I do get past node 6 everyday but rarely complete any more, I get a lot of triple cleanses and fully Zeta'd teams from node 6 onwards, I have strong teams but some of them are ridiculous, before the update a while back I would complete without fail every day, well maybe a handful of incompletes, but now it's the other way round
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Options
    I heard a resistance squad or pheonix squad can make it through GW by themselves no problem. Is that still true after the update?

Just got my zeta resistance last night. Yes they stomp GW hardcore. I tm loaded zader and rebels just incase, didn't need them until n12. Had a Rex triple cleanse squad and my cool downs were not reset after n11.
  • Options
    You guys just need a bigger roster...
    I usually just run full clones and use a mixed team for difficult nodes
  • Options
    I am just about ready to give up on this game, between GW being stupid hard, getting no drops, and needing 50 gear for everything just to get to gear level 9 it has really started to take the fun out of it for me, hope they can do something to keep me interested
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options

Just get past the OP's struggles and look at the bigger picture, i.e. GW is getting annoying and time consuming since the rework (I'm not saying impossible).

No one can dispute that.

What rework? The power rating has had 0 effect on my GW. I just did 3 for the daily. The first was the normal easy 8 nodes, then a medium 9th, easy 10th and triple cleanse on 11th. Broken node 12.
    The second was insanely easy all the way through.
    The third was the hardest GW I've done since I broke node 12 a few weeks back. Triple cleanse on 9 and a strong Zaul team on node 11.

I did a GW two days ago too after the patch, which was also same as usual. People seem to look at something that has random variance and attribute this variance to some unrelated change. The devs have stated point blank that the new power rating has 0 effect on GW. They might be wrong, but it's going to take a lot more evidence than GW complaints on the forum (because lets face it, there have always been and always will be GW complaints on the forum).

Does GW take too long? Maybe. I do it in the train on my way too or from work, so quite enjoy that it takes a while. But that's not because of any change, it's because of the way GW has been set up since its inception.

As for the OP. He spent 1000s of dollars on this game and can't beat GW. That's kinda sad. Maybe not spend 1000s of dollars on something you're that bad at. I haven't even spent 100 dollars on this game and it's a very rare occasion that I can't beat GW. Sometimes it takes me a whole bunch of retreats and different comps. But I beat it.
  • Options

No one can dispute that.

What rework? The power rating has had 0 effect on my GW. I just did 3 for the daily. The first was the normal easy 8 nodes, then a medium 9th, easy 10th and triple cleanse on 11th. Broken node 12.
    The third was the hardest GW I've done since I broke node 12 a few weeks back. Triple cleanse on 9 and a strong Zaul team on node 11.

I did a GW two days ago too after the patch, which was also same as usual. People seem to look at something that has random variance and attribute this variance to some unrelated change. The devs have stated point blank that the new power rating has 0 effect on GW. They might be wrong, but it's going to take a lot more evidence than GW complaints on the forum (because lets face it, there have always been and always will be GW complaints on the forum).

Does GW take too long? Maybe. I do it in the train on my way too or from work, so quite enjoy that it takes a while. But that's not because of any change, it's because of the way GW has been set up since its inception.

As for the OP. He spent 1000s of dollars on this game and can't beat GW. That's kinda sad. Maybe not spend 1000s of dollars on something you're that bad at. I haven't even spent 100 dollars on this game and it's a very rare occasion that I can't beat GW. Sometimes it takes me a whole bunch of retreats and different comps. But I beat it.

I guess your "maybe" on GW taking too long is as much open mindness as I will get from you so there is no point discussing things further.
  • Options
    To all players posting helpful information, nice try, but that is not what the OP wants to hear. He doesn't want to know how to beat, he wants it nerfed so that he doesn't have to try to beat it.

I was in the same position at one time. Couldn't beat GW, often stuck on node 6. But then I came to the forum to look at one of these posts. And I listened to the good advice that some wonderful posters left. I then applied the information to my GW strategy. Now I find GW to be the most fun and challenging part of this game. I get to use up to 30 different toons a day regularly which is nice since I went thru the trouble of collecting and gearing them.

Please just read one or two of the posts that are trying to help you. You may have to work to get and gear more toons to be able to implement the strategy but I gaurentee you will get better results doing that than asking the devs to nerf GW.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Well, as others have mentioned, it's difficult to give advice when we don't know what 20 toons you have maxed. Or what GW teams you struggle against. Hopefully these 20 toons have good synergy with each other.
    If you have 4 teams, then use nodes 1-4 to get each team a chance as mentioned. And save the specials. Those nodes should be easy enough to get through pretty quick. Since you've been struggling, you may need to strategize which of those 4 teams you send in against which opponent's team. As an example, don't send in droids against Rex lead teams.
    If you post some more details, you'll probaby get better advice. I've not spent a dime on this game, and regularly finish GW. I run through about 5 teams, but could probably do it with 1 more often than not. Toons that can stun, remove TM, or grant TM are a real benefit in GW also, so you could look into that.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

No one can dispute that.

If you are getting triple cleanse or zaul teams as your "hard" teams to fight then your GW is extremely easy. Thrawn meta arena teams in every other node is what I'm getting. The other day I had lost all protection on both my zader team and triple cleanse by freaking node 4! TM advantage seems to have disappeared. I'll have one or two attacks and my debuffs won't proc and then their whole team goes. Once or twice and this is annoying, but now it's every battle.

It's just str8 up frustrating to try and retreat for perfect rng that never happens anymore. I agree I think there is a buff to their abilities and a nerf to the players lately. Trying to stun now has a very low chance of success even with a palp with near 100% potency and a sass with 80ish% potency.

Also devs say a lot of things about game updates not changing stuff and if you have been in-game since first month it was opened then you would know that they are often given wrong info to tell the players.
    Edit:
    Btw I just looked at my profile and I have beaten 5,970 battles in GW. So you might say I have some idea of what I'm talking about. Also have an avg rank of 3rd in arena from a Dec 2015 shard. I also share payout with 4 other people and have by far the busiest and most competitve payout time in my shard being EST timezone. My rank would be even better if I didn't start getting lazy lately and rarely use a refresh anymore. Five battles vs meta teams in arena and then again in GW now is just not fun.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Options
    I get thrawn meta teams. Just so happens that thrawn is easily dealt with with jedis, which is my arena team, so I breeze through the thrawn squads GW throws my way. There is 1 thrawn squad on my shard that is hard. The rest are trivial.
This discussion has been closed.