Can't get past half way on GW despite having 20 characters maxed out

2Next

Replies

• GW is tough, but fun. I'm glad I actually have to think about what teams to use. Yes, sometimes I hit squads that seem so OP that I can't make a dent. I guess I'm just stubborn because I'll keep at it, attacking different targets to see if it affects who retaliates, swap out different toons for different counters, buffs, debuffs, etc.

OP, without knowing what you have in an itemized list, we can't really assist you.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Rum wrote: »
    Hello,
    Ive spent thousands of dollars on this game and have 20 characters completely maxed out - team of Sith, Empire, Trooper, Rebel, Jedi etc. In spite of this most days I cannot get past half way on GW. Sometimes my entire characters don't kill ONE of them on the sixth level in out of 12.
    This is completely ridiculous. Does any one else have this problem ? I AM SO FED UP OF THIS.
    Rimrum

Sorry i am confused... you have spent thousands on this game but only have 20 maxed chars ? What were u spending the money on ???

You also mention some specific teams in your post.. that makes 25 chars (not including your "etc")
  • I really don't get it, if you have a difficult GW it's your fault you invested in zPao, zLumi, nightsisters and separatists.
  • I think that since GW scales to your toons it should be doable for everyone if you just put your mind to it. but that is simply not the case for a lot of people. afaik you get to beat gw while leveling more often but as soon as you hit max level you get ridiculously higher opponents and often barely make it to node 12 just to hit a (for you) unbeatable wall. since is scales it should not be that way imo .

I've also been constantly winning gw for months now. thanks to a broken node12 . but even with that I sometimes want to throw my phone against the wall. It's been a longer time ago though that I had to figure out how to win GW and needed 2 hours of fiddling around with groups.

I just don't want to invest such time in GW every day and I dread the day the new power ratings do kick in for GW and I am back to figuring out GW for hours and hours.

I also think that if you are a dedicated player for 1 year plus, you are somewhat entitled to farm GW.

I have 3 solid teams (one droid/jawa, one zaul sith and my current arena team of wiggs chaze and zR2) and building a zfin resistance team now. I am winning gw for months and I do think I've earned to farm it with ease. if I want a challenge I go arena. I don't think GW with several frustrating nodes is a challenge, its a chore.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    Acrofales wrote: »
    I'm sorry that you're bad at this game. Don't blame the devs.

Just get past the OP's struggles and look at the bigger picture, i.e. GW is getting annoying and time consuming since the rework (I'm not saying impossible).

No one can dispute that.

What rework? The power rating has had 0 effect on my GW. I just did 3 for the daily. The first was the normal easy 8 nodes, then a medium 9th, easy 10th and triple cleanse on 11th. Broken node 12.
    The second was insanely easy all the way through.
    The third was the hardest GW I've done since I broke node 12 a few weeks back. Triple cleanse on 9 and a strong Zaul team on node 11.

I did a GW two days ago too after the patch, which was also same as usual. People seem to look at something that has random variance and attribute this variance to some unrelated change. The devs have stated point blank that the new power rating has 0 effect on GW. They might be wrong, but it's going to take a lot more evidence than GW complaints on the forum (because lets face it, there have always been and always will be GW complaints on the forum).

Does GW take too long? Maybe. I do it in the train on my way too or from work, so quite enjoy that it takes a while. But that's not because of any change, it's because of the way GW has been set up since its inception.

As for the OP. He spent 1000s of dollars on this game and can't beat GW. That's kinda sad. Maybe not spend 1000s of dollars on something you're that bad at. I haven't even spent 100 dollars on this game and it's a very rare occasion that I can't beat GW. Sometimes it takes me a whole bunch of retreats and different comps. But I beat it.

If you are getting triple cleanse or zaul teams as your "hard" teams to fight then your GW is extremely easy. Thrawn meta arena teams in every other node is what I'm getting. The other day I had lost all protection on both my zader team and triple cleanse by freaking node 4! TM advantage seems to have disappeared. I'll have one or two attacks and my debuffs won't proc and then their whole team goes. Once or twice and this is annoying, but now it's every battle.

It's just str8 up frustrating to try and retreat for perfect rng that never happens anymore. I agree I think there is a buff to their abilities and a nerf to the players lately. Trying to stun now has a very low chance of success even with a palp with near 100% potency and a sass with 80ish% potency.

Also devs say a lot of things about game updates not changing stuff and if you have been in-game since first month it was opened then you would know that they are often given wrong info to tell the players.
    Edit:
    Btw I just looked at my profile and I have beaten 5,970 battles in GW. So you might say I have some idea of what I'm talking about. Also have an avg rank of 3rd in arena from a Dec 2015 shard. I also share payout with 4 other people and have by far the busiest and most competitve payout time in my shard being EST timezone. My rank would be even better if I didn't start getting lazy lately and rarely use a refresh anymore. Five battles vs meta teams in arena and then again in GW now is just not fun.

You are wasting your time replying to people that will believe earth is flat until they've seen it with their own eyes, which will likely never happens.
  • warmonkey wrote: »
    I'm sorry that you're bad at this game. Don't blame the devs.

Just get past the OP's struggles and look at the bigger picture, i.e. GW is getting annoying and time consuming since the rework (I'm not saying impossible).

No one can dispute that.

What rework? The power rating has had 0 effect on my GW. I just did 3 for the daily. The first was the normal easy 8 nodes, then a medium 9th, easy 10th and triple cleanse on 11th. Broken node 12.
    The second was insanely easy all the way through.
    The third was the hardest GW I've done since I broke node 12 a few weeks back. Triple cleanse on 9 and a strong Zaul team on node 11.

I did a GW two days ago too after the patch, which was also same as usual. People seem to look at something that has random variance and attribute this variance to some unrelated change. The devs have stated point blank that the new power rating has 0 effect on GW. They might be wrong, but it's going to take a lot more evidence than GW complaints on the forum (because lets face it, there have always been and always will be GW complaints on the forum).

Does GW take too long? Maybe. I do it in the train on my way too or from work, so quite enjoy that it takes a while. But that's not because of any change, it's because of the way GW has been set up since its inception.

As for the OP. He spent 1000s of dollars on this game and can't beat GW. That's kinda sad. Maybe not spend 1000s of dollars on something you're that bad at. I haven't even spent 100 dollars on this game and it's a very rare occasion that I can't beat GW. Sometimes it takes me a whole bunch of retreats and different comps. But I beat it.

If you are getting triple cleanse or zaul teams as your "hard" teams to fight then your GW is extremely easy. Thrawn meta arena teams in every other node is what I'm getting. The other day I had lost all protection on both my zader team and triple cleanse by freaking node 4! TM advantage seems to have disappeared. I'll have one or two attacks and my debuffs won't proc and then their whole team goes. Once or twice and this is annoying, but now it's every battle.

It's just str8 up frustrating to try and retreat for perfect rng that never happens anymore. I agree I think there is a buff to their abilities and a nerf to the players lately. Trying to stun now has a very low chance of success even with a palp with near 100% potency and a sass with 80ish% potency.

Also devs say a lot of things about game updates not changing stuff and if you have been in-game since first month it was opened then you would know that they are often given wrong info to tell the players.
    Edit:
    Btw I just looked at my profile and I have beaten 5,970 battles in GW. So you might say I have some idea of what I'm talking about. Also have an avg rank of 3rd in arena from a Dec 2015 shard. I also share payout with 4 other people and have by far the busiest and most competitve payout time in my shard being EST timezone. My rank would be even better if I didn't start getting lazy lately and rarely use a refresh anymore. Five battles vs meta teams in arena and then again in GW now is just not fun.

Yeah this is close to what I see. I have broken 9, 11 and 12 nodes because I have fielded 54k+ power teams in arena before. I tend to roll GW with one strong team but have to play node 6 because it is the trick node. Today I actually changed squad twice before being able to come out of it with 4 of the squad. It's my arena squad so rolls everything easily over there... had real problems in GW though :) That AI loves to do some interesting things to you. I think if you run high power squads you end up with tougher opponents on that particular node.

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Wiggs, lando, leia and maul, then maul, Vader, palp, nihilus & savage when it gets tough for me.
    Easy
  • stavrik
    88 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Today my GW was very "easy" Node10 Jedi with zQGJ lead. Node 11 with full Droid team.
    Node 12 hmm... Wiggs, Chaze and double zeta R2 with speed 252. Chirrut speed 217. All L85 G G11 except Biggs G10.

Stuns from EP and Dooku not working even with high potency. If I put some debuffs next turn they disappear. They have so much TM that they have 4 turns my one . Even if managed to hit them and put their health in red next turn they heal thanks to Chirrut. Also triple shots from Biggs and Chirrut that hit 35000.
    I trying one and half hour to find solution but it is useless.

Now all you Smarties how to beat that with my characters. I am L84 My strongest are 80-82lvl G10 with speed no more than 208. No Zeta's.
    I am listening.

GW is broken at least for me.

• Lossberg
    457 posts Member
    @stavrik probably your case is the impossible one. And this is something most of players face while they grow. However it will change when you will start to get goos speed mods, full g11 and zeta teams. It takes time indeed, but will change
  • stavrik wrote: »
    Today my GW was very "easy" Node10 Jedi with zQGJ lead. Node 11 with full Droid team.
    Node 12 hmm... Wiggs, Chaze and double zeta R2 with speed 252. Chirrut speed 217. All L85 G G11 except Biggs G10.

Stuns from EP and Dooku not working even with high potency. If I put some debuffs next turn they disappear. They have so much TM that they have 4 turns my one . Even if managed to hit them and put their health in red next turn they heal thanks to Chirrut. Also triple shots from Biggs and Chirrut that hit 35000.
    I trying one and half hour to find solution but it is useless.

Now all you Smarties how to beat that with my characters. I am L84 My strongest are 80-82lvl G10 with speed no more than 208. No Zeta's.
    I am listening.

GW is broken at least for me.

If I were you, I think I would just take the loss and move on with my day.
  • Rum
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Rum wrote: »
    Hello,
    Ive spent thousands of dollars on this game and have 20 characters completely maxed out - team of Sith, Empire, Trooper, Rebel, Jedi etc. In spite of this most days I cannot get past half way on GW. Sometimes my entire characters don't kill ONE of them on the sixth level in out of 12.
    This is completely ridiculous. Does any one else have this problem ? I AM SO FED UP OF THIS.
    Rimrum

You've spent thousands of dollars on a single game? There's your problem right there. Try taking a vacation instead, might make you happier.
  • EA_Cian
    971 posts EA Staff (retired)
    This thread's been inactive for well over a year, no need to necro it. :smile:

Locked.
This discussion has been closed.