which lead? (darkside)

I'm really at a standstill with my arena team. we stay under top 80, and break top 50 about once every week and a half, but it feels like its all luck. I want to stick with my dark siders since I don't have chaze, or GK (currently had HAAT on farm though)

Zader G11 (current lead)
TFP G11 (on current team)
EP G11 (on current team)
Thrawn 5 * G 10 (on current team)
Tarkin G 10
Nihilus 5* G10 (11, by end of week, and on current team)
Maul G 10
Zidious G 10

No DT, DK. I have 3 zetas, although I'd prefer not to use all 3 in one go. My SWGOH.GG account is in my sig.

Thanks,

Replies

• Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    You have good toons already. You really need a tank like shoretrooper or GK. Zader lead would work great if you have have a fast sith assasin to boost his speed. Else I would go to tarkin or thrawn lead.
  • phatphil3
    716 posts Member
    You need a taunting tank. Either Sith Trooper or Shore Trooper, but are good and have their strengths and weaknesses. Any team without a taunting tank now is an easy target because I am going to kill your best guys first and save the "easy" guys for later.
  • Nightlores wrote: »
    You have good toons already. You really need a tank like shoretrooper or GK. Zader lead would work great if you have have a fast sith assasin to boost his speed. Else I would go to tarkin or thrawn lead.

thanks, I need to get shore on farm.... so it's still a while away. GK seems closer than him. I did try tark the other day and removed Zader, didn't seem to be as good. also no Sith Assassin, or trooper. I agree a tank is what's killing me. it's too easy for my opponents to target Thrawn or DN, and then I'm toast.

• phatphil3
    716 posts Member
    I'd say their hitting Thrawn first and if they have Nihilus they're annihilating your Nihilus with theirs.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    You need a taunting tank. Either Sith Trooper or Shore Trooper, but are good and have their strengths and weaknesses. Any team without a taunting tank now is an easy target because I am going to kill your best guys first and save the "easy" guys for later.

This exactly. Also you're slow. A fast turn meter booster is a big help in arena. Lots of Zader leads are doing well with Sith Assassin to allow Zader to put down DoTs before the other team can get tenacity up. So pull EP, and TFP. Replace them with Sith Assassin, and either Sith Trooper, or Shoretrooper.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »

This exactly. Also you're slow. A fast turn meter booster is a big help in arena. Lots of Zader leads are doing well with Sith Assassin to allow Zader to put down DoTs before the other team can get tenacity up. So pull EP, and TFP. Replace them with Sith Assassin, and either Sith Trooper, or Shoretrooper.

Thanks as well for the great advice. it kills me to pull TFP, but I can get started on Sith Assassin, the chick really is deadly.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Edit: Just saw you posted that you have no SA. She can be viable at low stars. She can speed everyone up, and stealth herself at any star level. She just does less damage. At max though she is insta-killing Rex from full health bypassing his protection. Something to work towards.